Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Tuning (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/tuning-131/)
-   -   HPTuners Pro features needed? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/tuning-131/hptuners-pro-features-needed-327451/)

calibrato 02-23-2019 10:02 PM

HPTuners Pro features needed?

Hey everyone, I tried to do a search in the threads but didn't see much specifically about HPTuners interface. I am currently doing some work on a 2006 Cobalt SS and will be getting a canned tune from ZZP. I was originally looking at getting an interceptor gauge but I will be soon moving to a small town with no tune support. The closest support would be 2 hours away. I would like to try my hand adjusting the tune but also be able to troubleshoot if the need arises. Is it best to go Pro if I will be logging a lot and possibly getting remote tuned if I run into problems? Also, is the AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband AFR Controller Gauge compatible with an 06 SS? Finally, can the MPVI2 bluetooth be used to connect torque or a similar monitoring application?

TLDR: Is Pro worth the extra money for nominalizing a canned tune and monitoring systems.

ECaulk 02-23-2019 10:25 PM

You'll need the pro, otherwise you won't be able to log your wideband. Some log wideband with AC pressure, I'm not sure how to wire it or how well it works.

I'd just spend the slightly more for the pro and be able to easily log the wideband (just verify the gauge has 0-5v output).

calibrato 02-23-2019 10:31 PM

Thanks @ECaulk I read into the ac thing before, luckily I need a wideband no matter what (I dont have a UEGO Sensor) so I am going to look into the CANBUS compatibility of the AEM X-Series so I don't need to mess with the 5V.

Slowbalt2000 02-24-2019 11:54 AM

As long as the new hpt supports can input that will work but 0-5v is about as simple as it gets. I use the AC pressure method but my car doesnt have AC so no issues for me there.

bubba_jay 03-01-2019 01:08 AM

I use one. I like it.

steelmesh 03-01-2019 10:27 AM

I don't know why they even sell them without analog inputs, this is 2019 it's total BS.

ECaulk 03-01-2019 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by steelmesh (Post 7708024)
I don't know why they even sell them without analog inputs, this is 2019 it's total BS.

I use the same logic for why OEMs dont include a wideband in the factory control system.

Slowbalt2000 03-02-2019 12:03 PM

Because it costs too much. If they can achieve acceptable emissions for the useable life of the vehicle they wont add anything extra.

ECaulk 03-02-2019 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000 (Post 7708058)
Because it costs too much. If they can achieve acceptable emissions for the useable life of the vehicle they wont add anything extra.

Oh i know the reason why, just seems odd that it would be more helpful for emissions over the life of a car than a backup camera

calibrato 03-02-2019 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ECaulk (Post 7708061)
Oh i know the reason why, just seems odd that it would be more helpful for emissions over the life of a car than a backup camera

lol... I love how backup cameras are federally mandated but all the car makers still throw them in as "options" like you are really getting something.. AC! Power Steering! Backup Camera! Included at no extra cost!!

Sharkey 03-02-2019 07:51 PM

part of it is if they could bring emissions down even further the government would just tighten the regulations up way more the next go around. its cheap and just gets them buy on emission, dont do anything more.

the back up camera being advertised as an option is still kinda funny. and yea, add in dealers advertising things like power brakes like its an option, when was the last time a car manufacturer made a car with manual brakes?