Tuning For tuning and related discussions

VCM Tuning my 07, basic questions inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 03:10 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
VCM Tuning my 07, basic questions inside

I just ordered HP Tuners STD VCM Suite last night, mainly for datalogging and to see exactly what my car is doing to itself. The ability to modify/edit parameters, of course, is a nice feature to have as well.

How many of you have done tuning without a wideband? My idea was to start with a base GM Stage II tune or something from the repository, and then work on timing and MAF frequencies and of course making sure that the vehicle doesn't knock.

I'm also pretty sure that my car is running rich at idle due to the rear o2 being shut off. I was tuned over a year ago with an older version of HPT and I believe that I never had the o2 sanity checks turned off, just the codes. This would explain my rough, very rich idle and overall shitty running whenever the throttle is released.

I have a tuning guide, one from RLF and another from LS1tech that covers a lot of basics about editing without using a WB.

I've never really used a WB before, so correct me if I am wrong, but with a WB I will be able to monitor my AFR (especially at WOT) and then adjust in HPT to compensate, correct?

Any help would be appreciated!