Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Turbo Tech Racing (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/turbo-tech-racing-95/)
-   -   EBC Update GREAT NEWS!!!!!! (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/turbo-tech-racing-95/ebc-update-great-news-20348/)

TurboTechRacing 05-16-2006 04:46 PM

EBC Update GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

Just got word that EBC (who makes the pads in England) shipped the pads to EBC USA last week, it takes two weeks to get here. They should be shipping to everyone next week!!!!!

CTCOBALTSSS 05-16-2006 04:48 PM

Good news. BTW Aaron you are the man at keeping your people up to date. Thanks bro!

PlaysWitCars 05-16-2006 08:51 PM

awesome! cant wait!! great news

player_1 05-17-2006 08:35 AM

woooo whooooo

can't wait to get these pads and put on my new rotors

PlaysWitCars 05-18-2006 06:46 PM

man i hope these come in before next weekend so i can have them on for my shows in the first part of june

iso 05-19-2006 01:31 PM

thanks for answering my e-mail so fast. i didn't realize there was an update here on .net, i haven't been on in a while. it's great news nontheless, i can't wait to get em so i can put on the new rotors.

MOD MONEY 05-19-2006 02:33 PM

looks like I canceled right before u got word. damn it, I'll reorder

TurboTechRacing 05-21-2006 05:31 PM

These should still be shipping from EBC to everyone sometime this next week, this was the most recent update as of late Friday afternoon :) At the time, on Friday, they were not there yet, but again they are on their way to their facility.

PlaysWitCars 05-23-2006 06:17 PM

ahhh i need them by this weekend!

player_1 05-31-2006 02:14 PM

anyone get there's yet?
I'm still waiting

PlaysWitCars 05-31-2006 03:34 PM

^^^same here, im still waiting. I was hoping to get them by early this week so i can get them put on along with my rotors before the 2 car shows this weekend. I thought they was suppose to be here last week????

anyone else recieve theirs? whats going on with these TTR?

player_1 06-05-2006 10:08 AM

Bump!!!

PlaysWitCars 06-05-2006 05:40 PM

This thread should be renamed as NOT SO GREAT NEWS.....ttr said that the pads are still be design over in england with no ETA!!!!! AHHHH!! I think i ordered these things back in march and its now june with no eta......Looks like ill be going out to buy some replacements pads....i wonder what to do with my rotors???

TurboTechRacing 06-05-2006 06:44 PM

Just to make this easier we will copy and paste what we responded to PlaysWitCars:

Quote: Originally Posted by PlaysWitCarswhat is up with the brake pads???

TurboTechRacing:
Wow, honestly this is very frustrating. We called the USA office and requested info on an update. They stated they are still in England being designed. They were not sure what the design hold up was. And worst of all they told us they don’t have an ETA.

We asked why they said they were shipping to the USA 2 weeks ago, and they had no explanations, just that they never did. The EBC Rep 2 weeks ago may not have received the right answer from their main office in England.

(END)

Whoever wants to cancel there pad order let us know. EBC is the only major company out there right now even considering making pads for the SS. We are going to check up with them at the end of this week and keep pushing them. Sorry for the confusion, we were only stating what they told us and passing the information on.

player_1 06-06-2006 12:45 PM

PM'd

iso 06-18-2006 09:57 PM

any updates yet? my powerslots have been sitting in my room for 2 months now. my stock rotors are warped as hell and my pads are at like 15% life. i don't want to put the rotors on without the pads and i don't want to use the gm pads cuz they wore my rotors so fast.

Xenozx 06-18-2006 10:24 PM

I thought I heard HAWK performance pads where making pads for our cars?

Xenozx 06-18-2006 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Xenozx
I thought I heard HAWK performance pads where making pads for our cars?

what are these?

http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...delDesc=Cobalt

It doesnt really specify the car, but I think those are for all cobalts? I assume all cobalts share the same brakes? 2.2/2.4/2.0?

player_1 06-22-2006 02:45 PM

those are only for the 2.2L Cobalts,
they don't make the for the SS's yet.

if you can't wait any longer I suggest you go with Wagner or Raybestos