War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 cobalt ss sc vs. 05 neon srt-4.....1/4 cobalt wins

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The argument never ends. The only reason I would say the SRT-4 and SS/SC is a driver’s race is out of my own personal experience. Some guys just cannot drive. But you know that whole argument could be applied to any vehicle within a reasonable amount of likeness-power wise. Aside from that, the SRT-4 is hands down faster. Do you guys remember that video I posted a looooong time ago racing my buddies SRT-4? We both had K&N intakes and aftermarket shifters….well he won all but one run, where I out bested him shifting. Which is cool, except for one problem…he had the extra 200lb passenger video taping….I had a full tank of gas but that still equates to a weight advantage in my favor. We ran I dunno how many times, with out any passengers and he put at least a length on me every time. Jayson is a heck of a driver too, his personal best in the SRT-4 on stock tires, only mods being a K&N filter and BOV and mopar shifter (which apparently doesn’t do anything according the SRT-4 folk?) he’s run a 13.6 @ 102. No lie, no other mods. He averages anywhere from 13.8-14 flat whenever we go to the track. The only thing that put me ahead of him was doing my 3.0” pulley swap. And even then I would usually only pull about half a car, maaaybe a car at the most. He’s always trapped higher than me, when we were both stock and modded despite me having a better “personal best” timeslip by a few tenth or two.

I still have the video if anyone needs proof.

Everyone and their mothers know the SRT-4 outguns the SS/SC in the aftermarket arena so that shouldn’t even be an argument. When turbo kits and the TVS blowers come out it might change the tide a little…but I personally don’t think the LSJ will ever get as much support. The SRT-4 is just a faster car with more aftermarket support to go faster. Period.

I really do wish someone who has Stage 2 could get a video or something, anything track/street whatever of them beating LS1’s and GTO’s and stuff. Not that I don’t believe them because I’m all about seeing the SS/SC be a giant killer…but for ever war story about it I’ve seen three times the amount of videos of SS/SC’s being creamed than beating these cars people say they beat by lengths.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:17 PM

I really do wish someone who has Stage 2 could get a video or something, anything track/street whatever of them beating LS1’s and GTO’s and stuff. Not that I don’t believe them because I’m all about seeing the SS/SC be a giant killer…but for ever war story about it I’ve seen three times the amount of videos of SS/SC’s being creamed than beating these cars people say they beat by lengths.
Altough I just sold my SS...I still have friends with LS1's. For the good or bad...I will get footage this summer, don't worry
Old 12-08-2006, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by FNFAST
Altough I just sold my SS...I still have friends with LS1's. For the good or bad...I will get footage this summer, don't worry

Sweet! Lookin forward to it!
Old 12-08-2006, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by LittleMT
I could show you a good 10-15 of them, and not one is a trap as high as 94. All done by my 2006 Cobalt SS/SC.
I trapped a 103 mph with a motor mount! Check my image gallery for slips. I understand you are at altitude so I guess things even out the closer you get to sea level. With that said, the SRT-4 is the faster car either way. End of discussion!
Old 12-08-2006, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
I trapped a 103 mph with a motor mount! Check my image gallery for slips. I understand you are at altitude so I guess things even out the closer you get to sea level. With that said, the SRT-4 is the faster car either way. End of discussion!

The Cobalt suffers more up here then the Turbo SRT.....
Old 12-08-2006, 03:02 PM

srt4s are slow(except yours^^^)
Old 12-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PayJ
HAhAhAHAHA i love the fact that this is suppose to be a web community but everyone he are judgemental ****/********. Not a person yet has asked me what mods i have in the srt4 that makes me think the srt4 is a better car. First of all i am in a mostly srt4 car club with all the srt4 over 400hp. 2 of the srt4s have a garret 50 trim turbo and 2 others including mine have a gt35r turbo. Im on low boost @ 26psi. and my fastest time to date is an 11.90. I have replaced my clutch and done all necessary fuel mods(no nitrous). This will probally my last post because this place is more worried about arguing than actually helping people. The reason i came to this site is to help people with turbo questions since there are no tuning solutions yet for the 2.2. My srt4 has a little over 50K miles(its an 04) and have yet to have any problems. The internals are good for 500hp and at 26psi i make 414hp. Yes that is low performance for the gt35r, but i did not want to build an awesome motor. I have the right amount of power for the streets and able to run slicks at the track. I hate the fact that people cannot admit that they have the slower car. I tell them their problem and they are so damn ignorant that they dont take my advice. The problem with the ss\/sc is that the supercharger. The supercharger is so restrictive that it will only see so much power and stop. you can change your boost levels by changing the pulley but it will still only see so much and then stop performing. You see this is making me such a crittic. I dont not own a ss\/sc, so i should not be able to pass judgment, but i have been around sc and tc long enough to understand hoe these things work. So you guys keep searching for performance and when ever you see performance is in a turbo..you guys will understand me.
You know whats funny is the fact that the cobalt came out it was tough to find parts now look just give it like a year or two man come back in 08 or 09 your driving an 04 EXACTLY you have had your car for what 3 years ok people on this site run 13.6's and have had their car 5 months , come back like i said in dec 08 and i guarantee youll be eating your words big time take it easy
Old 12-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Banned

but you know what man i like trolls like you bc you scare everyone away from the cobalt and i get my parts just as cheap as you get yours
Old 12-08-2006, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
but you know what man i like trolls like you bc you scare everyone away from the cobalt and i get my parts just as cheap as you get yours

Huh?
Old 12-08-2006, 04:13 PM

This thread is still going????

Somebody please stab it again...
Old 12-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
blah blah

The neons stock have a huge torque advantage. I would hope you can run low 14's to high 13's. Now, lets compare a stage 1 cobalt ( has around the same torque ), and around the same hp, because we all know that neons really make about 225-230 hp stock.
A stage 1 cobalt can easily see mid to high 13's, which is a LITTLE better than the SRT4 stock.

blah blah im a liar blah blah warranty or something blah blah

I would love to see a stage 1 cobalt running mid 13s "easily".
Old 12-08-2006, 04:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by seymourwood
I would love to see a stage 1 cobalt running mid 13s "easily".

about as "easily" as the stock srt does.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous
about as "easily" as the stock srt does.
I haven't seen a stage 1 SS/SC run mid 13s. Supposedly a few SRT-4s ran 13.6-13.7s.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:44 PM

My 2004 SRT when stock at a high altitude...

and....

And finally....

At this same track my 2006 Cobalt SS was running 15.3's-15.2's@91-92mph...
Old 12-08-2006, 07:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is freakin impressive...
Old 12-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Banned

those are some nice drag tires on that 13.4 run
Old 12-08-2006, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
those are some nice drag tires on that 13.4 run

yea seriously....slicks/dr's with lightweight racing wheels which is what they look like= not stock. still impressive, but not stock.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
yea seriously....slicks/dr's with lightweight racing wheels which is what they look like= not stock. still impressive, but not stock.
very impressive like previously mentioned, but not stock. My question is did the cobalt run those 15.2/3 times on DR's as well. The fact is the Cobalt SS/SC is slower than the SRT4. I know some might say drivers race or only a slight advantage. Deny the truth all you want, but the Cobalt is slower than the SRT4, that is fact. You guys can dispute by how little or how much all day, Ive owned both the SRT4 and the LSJ, I know what I know. You may know something else.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:50 PM
p7x

WOW littleMT you must have gotten a factory freak....where you drivin the srt4 in those pics???

DR's are not a mod = stock, if was truely stock.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by p7x
WOW littleMT you must have gotten a factory freak....where you drivin the srt4 in those pics???

DR's are not a mod = stock, if was truely stock.

how are drag radials not a mod? they increase straight line performance more than most bolt ons do. You would consider a torque dampner a mod would you not? both help traction...dr's are mods end of story. i mean, if you wanna put it that way, i guess a stock z06 can run high 11's or high 10's, depends on what level of "stock" you are talking . dr's = mod.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:01 PM

how are drag radials not a mod? they increase straight line performance more than most bolt ons do. You would consider a torque dampner a mod would you not? both help traction...dr's are mods end of story. i mean, if you wanna put it that way, i guess a stock z06 can run high 11's or high 10's, depends on what level of "stock" you are talking . dr's = mod.
agreed it was a stock engine, but the car was not. Those are not factory appointed items or even options or accessories. The engine isnt the only thing getting that car down the track.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:06 PM

Yeah, little mt's car was not stock....but DAMN! 13.4 with just freakin drags. WoooWEEEE!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:24 PM
p7x

The way i see it is you have not increased the hp of the car. I see what your saying but im not one people how have 5% tint, debaged, ITD, Cobaltss.net decal as a sig and think my car is modded. Do you consider dif tires than the pirellis not stock? do you consider snow tires and rims not stock? see what im saying. IMO DR's/stickier tires are just a more accuate display of a cars power.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
I think he did something wrong here...Other then needing to learn how to type, or speak, or something...Mannamana, do doo do dododo, Mannamana, do dododo
MY WIFE WONT GET OUT OF THE STOVE!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by pOrk
very impressive like previously mentioned, but not stock. My question is did the cobalt run those 15.2/3 times on DR's as well. The fact is the Cobalt SS/SC is slower than the SRT4. I know some might say drivers race or only a slight advantage. Deny the truth all you want, but the Cobalt is slower than the SRT4, that is fact. You guys can dispute by how little or how much all day, Ive owned both the SRT4 and the LSJ, I know what I know. You may know something else.

No, never did run the Cobalt with drag radials..

Quick Reply: 06 cobalt ss sc vs. 05 neon srt-4.....1/4 cobalt wins