Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/)
-   -   06 cobalt ss vs. 03 mustang svt @ philly street races (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/06-cobalt-ss-vs-03-mustang-svt-%40-philly-street-races-12014/)

urnext 01-29-2006 09:46 PM

06 cobalt ss vs. 03 mustang svt @ philly street races

Went to the philly street races with a group of friends friday night in my 06 ss/sc. there was a guy running around with a stock svt mustang talking a lot of shit. I lined up at a light with him and the dick couldn't even drive i spanked him repeatedly though three seperate lights. That made me really love my cobalt lol
Brad

p7x 01-29-2006 09:49 PM

What did u run?

croSSoverkid 01-29-2006 09:51 PM

good kill man, i be out there spankin on people 2, where do u race at, we are mostly at 61st, and holstien<spellcheck. agan good kill

eastcoastz 01-29-2006 10:22 PM

What times did you run?

articzap 01-29-2006 10:39 PM

guy most have really sucked at drivin cuz that thing could kick ur ass

BullDog71ss 01-29-2006 10:40 PM

What year of svt?

Edit: NVM, you said 03 svt, which means you're completely full of shit. A dead man could still cut a 14 flat in a cobra.

carbombss 01-29-2006 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by BullDog71ss
What year of svt?

Edit: NVM, you said 03 svt, which means you're completely full of shit. A dead man could still cut a 14 flat in a cobra.

^^^^^^yes sir those are 12 sec cars off showrrom floor im with bull im callin bs flag on this 1

Shortbus 01-29-2006 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by urnext
Went to the philly street races with a group of friends friday night in my 06 ss/sc. there was a guy running around with a stock svt mustang talking a lot of shit. I lined up at a light with him and the dick couldn't even drive i spanked him repeatedly though three seperate lights. That made me really love my cobalt lol
Brad

:lol: You have to be kidding me, 03+ is when they added the supercharger to the cobra, i dont care how bad of a driver he was there is no way in hell that happened.

ExHondaMan 01-29-2006 11:11 PM

No way you beat an 03 Cobra... Sorry... Not possible... :spam:

MacG321 01-29-2006 11:19 PM

sorry but with a bone stock 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds, it is highly improbable no matter how bad of a driver this guy was.

selfinfliction 01-29-2006 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Shortbus
i dont care how bad of a driver he was there is no way in hell that happened.

maybe the cobra driver was drifting down the road? :lol:

coulda also been a v6 with cobra badging and a typeR exhaust? :lol:

or.. just maybe he has the stage IV kit on his cobalt!!!!! :lol:

GotBoost? 01-29-2006 11:49 PM

im not calling bs, the guy could have been dropping the clutch to high and was just sitting there spinning for a few seconds.

BooSSted 01-30-2006 12:16 AM

Probably a Cobra kit on an Auto V6!!

Don't laugh, there is one in Niagara.

3fo893013L 01-30-2006 12:34 AM

just because it's a 12 second car doesn't promise the driver can make it run 12's. If the driver was truely an idiot and doesn't know how to drive then it makes it somewhat believeable. who the hell runs around in a stock SVT cobra anyways? if I owned that thing it won't be stock for more then 5 seconds after owning it.

BullDog71ss 01-30-2006 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
im not calling bs, the guy could have been dropping the clutch to high and was just sitting there spinning for a few seconds.

You could spin that car for a full two seconds and still catch an ss/sc with ease. Like I said, a dead man could destroy an ss with and 03 cobra.

I still call bs.

ExHondaMan 01-30-2006 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky
just because it's a 12 second car doesn't promise the driver can make it run 12's. If the driver was truely an idiot and doesn't know how to drive then it makes it somewhat believeable.

I TOTALLY see what you are saying.... but shit dude... my freakin grandma could get a high 13 low 14 out of an 03 cobra... :lol:

Tofu 01-30-2006 01:43 AM

geez these stories are getting more and more far fetched...no wonder people think we're losers.

I mean anything is possible, but I wouldn't dare say anything to that extent without a video or something.

DC52NV 01-30-2006 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tofu
geez these stories are getting more and more far fetched...no wonder people think we're losers.

I mean anything is possible, but I wouldn't dare say anything to that extent without a video or something.

THANK YOU. congrats on busting 13's at track btw. :cssNET:

urnext 01-31-2006 10:14 AM

first off

for everyone thats askin for times you must realize these races are illegal there are no timing devices lol. The car definatly was a 2003 svt cobra the guy that was driving definatly flagged me down later and asked me what i had done. I checked out his car and it diffinatly was a svt I know my cars I work at a dahm dealership. He also couldn't drive b/c he rolled it at the light because he didn't know how to launch the car and also took him about 2 secs to get it into sec. if he ran at the track his 60 foot would of been somewhere in the 3.2 range. and considering on a bad day i can cut a 2.2 in my car i made him look real bad in the video my buddy was taking. As for mycar i do have the intense stage three kit. Maybe know the stories a little more believable for all you none believers that just wish you were there to witness it.
Brad

urnext 01-31-2006 10:38 AM

Btw

by the way everyone the guy that works next to me here at the dealership owns a 67 mustang and hed like to add that an 03 mustang isn't even a mustang they stopped making real mustangs in 73

1stbluSS 01-31-2006 10:43 AM

I too think this is B.S . With that said racing on the street is very different than racing on a track. One lane could be full of dips causing the other car to hop and spin more considerably than the other. One of the lanes could have more pot holes than another. If you are in a 400 hp vehicle and you hammer it and then you hit a bunch of dips and a pot hole here and there you are never going to lock up. It could happen but I have to say http://www.srt-4mation.com/images/smilies/bsflag.gif

Blainestang 01-31-2006 11:35 AM

by the way everyone the guy that works next to me here at the dealership owns a 67 mustang and hed like to add that an 03 mustang isn't even a mustang they stopped making real mustangs in 73

I'd like to add that your friend is a moron. That statement is so stupid and biased it's not even funny. The Mustang's purpose always has been and always will be a RWD 2-door that provides great Fun/Bang-for-the-buck. The only Mustangs that you could argue didn't meet these goals was the 74-78's. If anything, the current Mustang is doing a better job of beating the competition for less money than the originals did.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 64.5 - 70 Mustangs, but to pretend like they don't make "real" Mustangs is ignorant at best.

Back on topic, I believe that this could happen with the mods that you have. I've seen '03 Cobra's run into the high 13's before, maybe even low 14's on a terrible run. But an important note is that I watched the same exact car go 12.9@113 bone stock, so put a decent driver behind the wheel and the Cobra will walk you like your standing on the brakes. Still, congrats on the wins.

BLKSS 01-31-2006 12:28 PM

BS too. 60ft 2.2 on a bad day? Thats impressive.

Mines_Better 01-31-2006 12:40 PM

anything can happen, good kill man

mi6_ 01-31-2006 02:48 PM

LOL. I'd like to see his '67 Mustang race an'03 SVT Cobra! :lol:

I wonder who would win???? Please..... They stopped making mustangs in '73.....