War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 E85 ION Redline vs 09 GMS1 Cobalt SS/TC

Old 05-24-2010, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the vid is worse
Old 05-24-2010, 12:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by selfinfliction
i'd take a loss over having that horrible sound of an exhaust any day of the week!
Its loud like all 3" cat-backs for the LSJ.

I picked up a stock LNF cat-back from the owner of the SS/TC. It will be going on my car in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by Rissa
Haven't watched the vid yet, I'm sure it's cool, but I hope you expected getting these kinds of responses based on the original post.
Its all in good fun. Don't take things too seriously on the internet.

Watch the vid and let me know what you think.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Out of any vehicle forum or group I have been a part of, the cobalt cummunity is by far the most cut throat and unsupportive of one another for this sort of thing. It's just a little disheartening to see a forum that is based off of the same/similar vehicle platform be so unsupportive of one another. Everyone is quick to pull down their zippers and pull out the measuring tape ESPECIALLY when it comes down to the SC vs TC "wars". People also seem quick to point fingers at who ruined this site for whom and who caused the forum to go to **** when the TC's came out, yet the OP seems to have started this whole thread just to add fuel to the fire if for nothing else.

OP... Don't get me wrong, I think your car is sick along with a lot of other LSJ cars. I just wish we could stick to killing the import scene rather than killing our own from the inside out.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:45 PM

You drive a LNF, you have no opinion. STFU

J/k
Old 05-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

lol.. ass

Old 05-24-2010, 12:54 PM

good point 09cobaltss1. I support our other members and when a member beats me regardless of TC/SC/NA, it makes me wanna go faster with moar power. Me and my buddy with a TVs go at it all the time with stuff, it's only made us faster!

Plus when we see other people we can pick on them and make them go that was a COBALT?!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by 09CobaltSS1
Out of any vehicle forum or group I have been a part of, the cobalt cummunity is by far the most cut throat and unsupportive of one another for this sort of thing. It's just a little disheartening to see a forum that is based off of the same/similar vehicle platform be so unsupportive of one another. Everyone is quick to pull down their zippers and pull out the measuring tape ESPECIALLY when it comes down to the SC vs TC "wars". People also seem quick to point fingers at who ruined this site for whom and who caused the forum to go to **** when the TC's came out, yet the OP seems to have started this whole thread just to add fuel to the fire if for nothing else.
I am an LSJ owner who does NOT believe that the decline of this forum, or any ecotec forum, is because of the SS/TC. If GM would have made 08 ION Redlines with the LNF I probably would bought one.

When I bought my RL in 2007 the RL was being phased out and there where "Rumors" about the CSS getting the LNF. Nothing was set in stone. I owned an 04 ION and decided that I wanted a RL.

What some people perceive as a "decline" in the knowledge on this forum is just the natural progression of these sport compact (entry level) forums. Its happens everywhere on every platform.

In the early years of the SS/SC and ION Redline the cars where being bought by people with money to mod them. They where hard core car junkies with willingness to experiment and learn things about these new cars. The target demographic was 21-26. They were college grads with money.

Eventually those owners grow up, have kids, and sell/trade in their cars for something bigger and better to fit their new lifestyle.

As these cars are getting to their second, third and 8th owner the demographic changes. The new owners are more budget minded. They use their car was a daily driver and don't really care about learning more about what makes the car go. They just want it to be fast and get good gas mileage. And the LSJ gives them that.

Old or new threads, there is enough information on this site to turn anyone into an ecotec expert if they are willing to read and keep an open mind.

I am a prime example of that. I never took an auto course in high school or having any specialty training in the automotive industry.

I am a Business Systems Analyst and like the Network Infrastructure or Software Applications I work on everyday a car is just a series of systems that work together to produce results.

I took the time to research every system to understand how it supports the overall performance of the vehicle. Intake, exhaust, boost, cooling, drivetrain, tuning, etc.

With the information on RLFs and CCS it is very easy to learn everything you need to know.

OP... Don't get me wrong, I think your car is sick along with a lot of other LSJ cars. I just wish we could stick to killing the import scene rather than killing our own from the inside out.
Good point. The import sense is a little slow by me. So I have to take what I can get.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

^^lol exactly wantedss/tc... Some good fun competion is always good, but some guys seem to take it either too far, or just the wrong way completely. What's strange to me though is how "dickish" guys come across on here, but when you meet up with them most are cool as **** (there are always a few exceptions of course). Is it just a natural cobalt/ion owner's defense mechanism kicking in due to the lack of credit our cars always get, or are those type of people just drawn to these cars? Maybe a combination? lol
Old 05-24-2010, 01:03 PM

I dunno, but either way, we're all in the same family regardless of FI type.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ebristol
I am an LSJ owner who does NOT believe that the decline of this forum, or any ecotec forum, is because of the SS/TC. If GM would have made 08 ION Redlines with the LNF I probably would bought one.

When I bought my RL in 2007 the RL was being phased out and there where "Rumors" about the CSS getting the LNF. Nothing was set in stone. I owned an 04 ION and decided that I wanted a RL.

What some people perceive as a "decline" in the knowledge on this forum is just the natural progression of these sport compact (entry level) forums. Its happens everywhere on every platform.

In the early years of the SS/SC and ION Redline the cars where being bought by people with money to mod them. They where hard core car junkies with willingness to experiment and learn things about these new cars. The target demographic was 21-26. They were college grads with money.

Eventually those owners grow up, have kids, and sell/trade in their cars for something bigger and better to fit their new lifestyle.

As these cars are getting to their second, third and 8th owner the demographic changes. The new owners are more budget minded. They use their car was a daily driver and don't really care about learning more about what makes the car go. They just want it to be fast and get good gas mileage. And the LSJ gives them that.

Old or new threads, there is enough information on this site to turn anyone into an ecotec expert if they are willing to read and keep an open mind.

I am a prime example of that. I never took an auto course in high school or having any specialty training in the automotive industry.

I am a Business Systems Analyst and like the Network Infrastructure or Software Applications I work on everyday a car is just a series of systems that work together to produce results.

I took the time to research every system to understand how it supports the overall performance of the vehicle. Intake, exhaust, boost, cooling, drivetrain, tuning, etc.

With the information on RLFs and CCS it is very easy to learn everything you need to know.

Good point. The import sense is a little slow by me. So I have to take what I can get.

Exactly! Right now most of the cobalt owners (new and used) are in a younger demo (I'm only 28 so I guess I'm really not that far out of that demo.. lol) so naturally you are going to get some retard punks coming in babbling some nonsense about their bov's and wanting to make a wiseass comment to anyone or anything that crosses their path. I mean **** man, everyone's a know it all tough guy on the interwed... right?

Seriously though, you can't say you didn't post this threat without the intentions of getting some TC guy's panties in a bunch. I mean you did make 2 threads on it, one of which was in the LNF tech section.. lol

I tell ya what man regardless of your intentions, it obviously worked.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Good race Eric. The dude in the balt seems like a cool guy as well. I wish we had more TC's in my area to throw into the mix. We have a few LSJ's but the only SS TC I have seen is a guy in his 30's that never brings it above 4k
Old 05-24-2010, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by InfraRedline
Good race Eric. The dude in the balt seems like a cool guy as well. I wish we had more TC's in my area to throw into the mix. We have a few LSJ's but the only SS TC I have seen is a guy in his 30's that never brings it above 4k
Hey, I'm in my 30s and bring it above 4k all the time at the track. Are you saying 30 year-olds are ******?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SS4ME
Hey, I'm in my 30s and bring it above 4k all the time at the track. Are you saying 30 year-olds are ******?
YES!! lol
Old 05-24-2010, 01:57 PM

I don't see what we are arguing, clearly the lsj>lnf

lol
Old 05-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ebristol
Its loud like all 3" cat-backs for the LSJ.
i agree, they all sound like ****
Old 05-24-2010, 02:21 PM

you should get a turbo to quiet it down

EDIT...you have one
Old 05-24-2010, 02:41 PM

Seriously though, you can't say you didn't post this threat without the intentions of getting some TC guy's panties in a bunch. I mean you did make 2 threads on it, one of which was in the LNF tech section.. lol

I tell ya what man regardless of your intentions, it obviously worked.
Yes I wanted to get the TC guys riled up. Not so much to cause an argument but just to show how a properly mod'd LSJ stacks up against the precious turbo. Because it has not seemed to sink in for some people yet.

SS_carnatic was not being cocky when we talked about setting up some runs. He was confident. And during our 5 minuet conversation he said the word "Turbo" 15 times!

From the tone of the comments from the LNF owners most of them understand that a properly mod'd LSJ is an admiral foe. But then there are still a few who are hating.

Good race Eric.
Thank you sir!

The dude in the balt seems like a cool guy as well.
Yeah he was cool. Except for the fact he is from MN and drives an SS/TC. Other then that... jk

I wish we had more TC's in my area to throw into the mix. We have a few LSJ's but the only SS TC I have seen is a guy in his 30's that never brings it above 4k
4k? That is not even trying!

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
i agree, they all sound like ****
Agreed...

Originally Posted by cobaltguy889
you should get a turbo to quiet it down
Here we go with the turbo talk again! lol Turbo, Turbo, Turbo...
Originally Posted by cobaltguy889
EDIT...you have one
Correction. Had.

Remember this pic?

Last edited by ebristol; 05-24-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-24-2010, 02:47 PM

I miss my blowah....
Old 05-24-2010, 02:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
funny thread
Old 05-24-2010, 03:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol at your shifts...

BBBLLLLLAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT.............5sec...... .................shift............................ ...............BLAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT...........
Old 05-24-2010, 03:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
we used to have so many technical discussions. now its like "yo dawg wut kin of blow off valve shuld i put on my car and eaziest way to install. thankz"
I wasn't here for too long before there were lots of lnf owners, but long enough to see the decline
Old 05-24-2010, 03:13 PM

Driver of the tc did not brakeboost nor nls. Yes you did beat the driver, not the car.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I wasnt saying 30 year old dont drive hard, just this particular one lol. Hell my 30 year old boss drives his supercharged nsx like he stole it! In 10 years when Im 30 you bet your ass im gonna still be modding my cars!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by lwrs10
lol at your shifts...

BBBLLLLLAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT.............5sec...... .................shift............................ ...............BLAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT...........
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah..

The TQ from the blower pushed me so far back in my seat that I could barely get the car into 3rd! I will move my seat up a little further next time.

Originally Posted by leoaa777
Driver of the tc did not brakeboost nor nls. Yes you did beat the driver, not the car.
Whatever you say...

The car could not drive itself. Unless it was Kit from Knight Rider. Which would be totally cool and I probably would have lost because Kit would have went into super pursuit mode and killed me by a train!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:35 PM

lulz this thread is awesome. All the ricer excuses he didn't nls he didn't brake boost you beat the driver, you have more mods you have a ss/sc you have a wide powerband blah blah blah.... this could go on till the end of the cobalts existence

Bottom Line you WON!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 E85 ION Redline vs 09 GMS1 Cobalt SS/TC