War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

2-0-1 after a night of cruising. Mustangs are wussies.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2-0-1 after a night of cruising. Mustangs are wussies.

This was the first night I've actually intentionally went out and tryed to find some races. First race was as LS1 trans am ws6. I thought to myself.. great I don't really want to race a T/A. We were rolling about 10mph from a stoplight that just turned.. We both floor it. We let off at 110 (in a 45 )(we where in the middle of nowhere on a giant empty flat road). To my amazement we were completely tied the entire time. Maybe switching the lead back and fourth a couple inches. This T/A at least had exhaust work done because it was making all kinds of noise. He immediately turns off and floors it taking the car sideways.. Frustration? Looked that way.. I dunno. I'm really amazed. If this had been from a dig I imagine there would have been no contest at all.. I got a great rolling launch and was pegged at 7000rpm for what seemed like the whole race. I also think he may have been started in second and not achieved a launch like an LS1 can really do.

Second race was an brand new SRT-4 that im guessing was stock. I think my clutch was slipping a little bit when I hit the top of second. Put about a car length on him from a dig. He quickly got behind me and stayed there for 10 more blocks.

The third race was after I had already called it a night and was nearly home. An Infinity G35 pulls up next to me. He revs it... The red was exceptionally long.. We inched and reved until we were nearly in the middle of the intersection. I had overestimated a G35 because I left it like it wasn't moving. There were maybe 4 cars between me and him when he gave up. He avoided me at the next light.

There were two early 2000's Mustang GT's that I met during the night on separate occasions. I've really been wanting to find some GT's to race. I though for sure I would have a race out of both of them.. especially the lowered one with black cragars and two younger men. But no.. Neither mustang would even look at me. One even went 10 miles under the speed limit to get me off of them. They both had younger men driving and exhaust work so I thought they would surely race. Have they had bad experiences with SS/SC's? or did they just think they were wasting their time?.. I don't get it really.

Last edited by ssilver; 03-11-2007 at 03:31 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:43 AM

Probably thought you and our cute little car were a waste of time.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:00 AM

Probably weren't a ******* stupid ass street racer and knew better...all these war stories sicken me...I've had a very good friend killed by a street racer...he was just walking down the sidewalk when a car lost control and came up and smoked him.

I won't say what I hope happens to you or anybody who is just a complete tool, but let's just say I hope you don't die...there's a lot worse.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:04 AM

Well thanks for choosing mine to post on.. I'm sorry some idiot killed your friend. Go away. Don't read them.

Originally Posted by gocanucksgo
I hope you don't die...there's a lot worse.
You are pretty sad hoping I suffer.. Wow. Sounds like you are a quality person. Have a nice day

Last edited by ssilver; 03-11-2007 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:13 AM

^ ^ I had a good friend die while mountain biking...so in conclusion, no one should ever mountain bike again.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dmidkiff
^ ^ I had a good friend die while mountain biking...so in conclusion, no one should ever mountain bike again.
Mountain biking is some serious ****. Same with hiking. Both have mountain lions.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice story. I streetrace and am proud of it. I am alwaysn having trouble with those damn SRT-4's. I can never beat them, granted none are stock. I'm glad you got a kill on one before your start racing modified ones.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by ssilver
There were two early 2000's Mustang GT's that I met during the night on separate occasions. I've really been wanting to find some GT's to race. I though for sure I would have a race out of both of them.. especially the lowered one with black cragars and two younger men. But no.. Neither mustang would even look at me. One even went 10 miles under the speed limit to get me off of them. They both had younger men driving and exhaust work so I thought they would surely race. Have they had bad experiences with SS/SC's? or did they just think they were wasting their time?.. I don't get it really.
Definitely possible that they just don't street race. If I were to be driving around in the '01 GT, I wouldn't race you either. Not because I wouldn't WANT to or because I would be worried about the very slight possibility that an SS/SC would hang with me, but because I just don't street race. It's not worth it to me.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by dmidkiff
Your friend was mountain biking he wasnt ran over by a mountain biker. Risking your life is one thing but risking others is seflish and stupid.

Theres no telling why the Mustang guys didnt want to race, some dont buy them to race or they might have thought whey would lose. I dont street race that often. If/when I do its in the country on a few selected roads away from any houses or on a highway when the roads are clear. I will NOT race if there are any cars in eye sight or in town! It takes on car or one person to pull out of a side steet to ruin your or someone elses life.

I hardly ever race on the street anymore because my car is getting to the point its not safe. I was just playing around today and got the car side ways from 65mph roll. Talk about scary!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Your friend was mountain biking he wasnt ran over by a mountain biker. Risking your life is one thing but risking others is seflish and stupid.

Theres no telling why the Mustang guys didnt want to race, some dont buy them to race or they might have thought whey would lose. I dont street race that often. If/when I do its in the country on a few selected roads away from any houses or on a highway when the roads are clear. I will NOT race if there are any cars in eye sight or in town! It takes on car or one person to pull out of a side steet to ruin your or someone elses life.

I hardly ever race on the street anymore because my car is getting to the point its not safe. I was just playing around today and got the car side ways from 65mph roll. Talk about scary!
Yeah i agree. When I had my monte ss an 86, that was pretty much stock. Street racing was pretty safe. the car went 30-70 in about 12 seconds. Too slow to get in much troulbe. Now though with the vette i see triple digits in a matter of seconds and have to be very careful where and even if i choose to race.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Banned

Doesn't sound like hardly ever if you did it and posted about it today lets recap
1. I don't streetrace ever my friend died
2. I was "playing around and got sideways at 65" so lets see you were going about 60 slammed the gas on a boosted rwd car and got loose while probably going over the speed limit already.
For some reason I'm not listening to anything you say anymore, can u figure out why?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What mods do you have done cause those WS6 cars are no joke!

As for raggin on a guy whos friend got killed thats pretty lame guys! Sure he came off like an ass but he has a good excuse HIS FRIEND DIED! Lighten up and lets not turn this into a bash the friend of the dead guy thread mm k?
Old 03-12-2007, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by glockglade
Doesn't sound like hardly ever if you did it and posted about it today lets recap
1. I don't streetrace ever my friend died
2. I was "playing around and got sideways at 65" so lets see you were going about 60 slammed the gas on a boosted rwd car and got loose while probably going over the speed limit already.
For some reason I'm not listening to anything you say anymore, can u figure out why?

What the hell are you talking about? I think you got the wrong guy bud. Why dont you read the post agin before getting smart with me. Another poster said his friend died not me.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Banned

What the hell are you talking about? I think you got the wrong guy bud. Why dont you read the post agin before getting smart with me. Another poster said his friend died not me.
Yeah , talk about putting your foot in your mouth.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned

I have to apologize sir I my brother shares an account with me or used to anyways he won't be on here again.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:08 PM

I have to apologize sir I my brother shares an account with me or used to anyways he won't be on here again.
That's funny...

Yeah, he might as well have his own account... they're free.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:35 PM

Ahh no problem. Alot of people dont read the posts and talk **** to the wrong person and that aggrevates me.