Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/)
-   -   2.4 SS sedan VS. Dodge Caliber SXT (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/2-4-ss-sedan-vs-dodge-caliber-sxt-75327/)

Jackalope 09-08-2007 11:04 AM

2.4 SS sedan VS. Dodge Caliber SXT

I'm on my way home from work last night at 9:30 after a 15 hour day working on the railroad, I'm tired, I'm sore and I'm chillin at the speed limit with the cruise set cause I'm just flat out beat! Then I notice headlights HAULING ASS up behind me! I'm in the right lane, noones in the left lane, screw em. He comes right up on my ass and hangs there! WTF is this guys problem? He has another lane to use if he wants to play Speed Racer!
After 2 miles of his riding my ass I turn off the cruise and gas it a little and pull ahead a little. Now at this point I have NO IDEA what it is or who it is so I don't want to go too fast in case its a cop (He had his brights on and I couldn't make out the front end) Then he pulls next to me its a silver Caliber with SXT on it, looks like 20's, tint, a hood scoop, and I can hear his exhaust. His window goes down and he points down the road, I shake my head no cause I'm fucking BEAT! He points again, again I say no. He points a third time and again I say no. So he takes off, CUTS IN FRONT OF ME AND BRAKE CHECKS ME!!!
Ok now I'm pissed and its on! I nail it from behind him and walk past him NO PROBLEM at all! He punches it and tries to keep up but I pull steady till about 110-115 and let off, now hes about a 2 bus lengths behind me and still coming. He goes to pass me and I nail it again, he jumps a fender ahead and stays there for a second but then I start to pull back ahead. His ricer flyby has failed! :lol:

So down the road we go till we hit the toll booth on 895 and now its on! He stops to pay, I go to another lane cause I have my MTAG thingy and don't have to stop. He sees me and we both nail it at the same time. It was a full out slaughter! I killed him soooo baddly it was insain! 1 car, 2cars, 3 cars, a bus length, 2 buses, 3 buses, so far back I can't even tell anymore! I was still pissed so I wanted to not only beat him but to destroy him so I stayed full in it! Ran it up to about 120 and mashed the brakes and pulled over, jumped out and stood by the rear of my car. As he past me with the WTF look on his face I gave him the international LOSER sign and pointed and laughed at him. He told me I was #1, I waved and he went past.

Now I don't know what the hell he had done to that thing but they HAVE to be faster then this!

sensesfail99 09-08-2007 01:20 PM

they weigh over 3000 lbs i think.... i dont think theyre suppose to be quick at all.... however when the srt4 model is finally released.... watch out....

Jackalope 09-08-2007 01:22 PM

Bump for Caliber carnage.

joeworkstoohard 09-08-2007 01:24 PM

hmmm, while i normally don't condone street racing, sometimes people will piss you off, i know what that's like.

+rep

well, i tried to +rep, anyway

Novajoe 09-08-2007 03:14 PM

is your penis bigger now?:lol:

fbaero10 09-08-2007 03:18 PM

jack you actually gave him a "L" loser sign? lol

Jackalope 09-08-2007 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by fbaero10 (Post 1426306)
jack you actually gave him a "L" loser sign? lol

:lol: He brake checked me, I was pissed!.

light'bolt 09-08-2007 04:24 PM

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...nbalt/lmao.gifhttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...nbalt/lmao.gifI love it when people let me know I'm number onehttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...nbalt/lmao.gif, lets me know I did what was right.http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...nbalt/lmao.gif

Jackalope 09-08-2007 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Novajoe (Post 1426301)
is your penis bigger now?:lol:

Why? Did you want to see it?

fbaero10 09-08-2007 04:30 PM

alright saw it jack.. and wasnt to impressed ;) haha jk..

Jackalope 09-08-2007 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by fbaero10 (Post 1426497)
alright saw it jack.. and wasnt to impressed ;) haha jk..

I KNEW you were watching me for a reason! PERV!

fbaero10 09-08-2007 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope (Post 1426505)
I KNEW you were watching me for a reason! PERV!

hahahaha :nono:

suburbanrobot 09-08-2007 05:10 PM

2007 Dodge Caliber specs

:lol: :lol: did you have fun racing that slug??? :lol: :lol: your car stock, is much faster than that.... that THING? correct? lighter too?
regardless, great story... some of the knuckleheads (the caliber guy) out there who pick races need to know who they're playing with!

2007 Dodge Caliber

Surprisingly, Caliber offers a choice of three four-cylinder engines. The base 1.8-liter with 148 horsepower and 125 pound-feet of torque. Next up is a 2.0-liter with 158 horsepower and 141 pound-feet. While our R/T-grade all-wheel-drive example comes standard with a 2.4-liter with 172 horsepower and 165 pound-feet of torque.

Transmissions are a 5-speed manual, or optional CVT automatic. Our R/T all-wheel-drive adds AutoStick manual shift mode to the CVT, and together they delivered consistent, if unremarkable, 0 to 60 times of 9.3 seconds. The quarter mile is also a leisurely 17.2 seconds at 83 miles-per-hour. The engine is slow-revving and a bit noisy when pushed. Add in our R/T's 3,308 pound curb weight, and it all feels a bit sluggish.

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2533b.shtml

joeworkstoohard 09-08-2007 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by suburbanrobot (Post 1426601)
:lol: :lol: did you have fun racing that slug??? :lol: :lol: your car stock, is much faster than that.... that THING? correct? lighter too?
regardless, great story... some of the knuckleheads (the caliber guy) out there who pick races need to know who they're playing with!

2007 Dodge Caliber

Surprisingly, Caliber offers a choice of three four-cylinder engines. The base 1.8-liter with 148 horsepower and 125 pound-feet of torque. Next up is a 2.0-liter with 158 horsepower and 141 pound-feet. While our R/T-grade all-wheel-drive example comes standard with a 2.4-liter with 172 horsepower and 165 pound-feet of torque.

Transmissions are a 5-speed manual, or optional CVT automatic. Our R/T all-wheel-drive adds AutoStick manual shift mode to the CVT, and together they delivered consistent, if unremarkable, 0 to 60 times of 9.3 seconds. The quarter mile is also a leisurely 17.2 seconds at 83 miles-per-hour. The engine is slow-revving and a bit noisy when pushed. Add in our R/T's 3,308 pound curb weight, and it all feels a bit sluggish.

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2533b.shtml

if that is what it does with 173hp, i can't imagine wihat the the 1.8 is like.

sensesfail99 09-08-2007 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard (Post 1426613)
if that is what it does with 173hp, i can't imagine wihat the the 1.8 is like.

i wanna know what kind of times the srt4 is going to be putting down. if something happens to my cobalt i think i might go after one. That is IF they put down good times. I drove a stock srt4 and wasnt impressed... i know stock vs stock the srt4 neon is a little quicker, but my cobalt felt quicker to me.

fbaero10 09-08-2007 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by sensesfail99 (Post 1426892)
i wanna know what kind of times the srt4 is going to be putting down. if something happens to my cobalt i think i might go after one. That is IF they put down good times. I drove a stock srt4 and wasnt impressed... i know stock vs stock the srt4 neon is a little quicker, but my cobalt felt quicker to me.

ewwwwwwwwwww that car is hideous you miles well get a HHR.. atleast that has the turbo engine in it

joeworkstoohard 09-08-2007 07:46 PM

if it is ever built.

with the way mopar is hurting for cash right now, there is a belief that hi-po small volume cars need to go byebye.

SS_Ry 09-08-2007 07:47 PM

good story man +rep....but most times its better to just let assholes like that go, but i can understand being pissed about the brake check:guns:

Jackalope 09-08-2007 08:13 PM

Yeah if he just drove off whatever, but the brake check forced me to act. It pissed me off!

fbaero10 09-08-2007 08:15 PM

lol should have just beat his ass lol

g5mike 09-08-2007 08:23 PM

laying the sedan smackdown as usual.LOL!!

Scythe_Snake 09-08-2007 08:26 PM

The SRT-4 Neon is a lot quicker than the SRT-4 Calibur. That thing is heavy as all fuck!! And it is going to have 280 crank HP, and it does 0-60 slwoer than the neon srt-4. Don't waste your time with it. Go for the HHR SS if you want minivanish speed...or the mazdaspeed 3 (better choice to me)

Originally Posted by Jackalope (Post 1425669)
I'm on my way home from work last night at 9:30 after a 15 hour day working on the railroad, I'm tired, I'm sore and I'm chillin at the speed limit with the cruise set cause I'm just flat out beat! Then I notice headlights HAULING ASS up behind me! I'm in the right lane, noones in the left lane, screw em. He comes right up on my ass and hangs there! WTF is this guys problem? He has another lane to use if he wants to play Speed Racer!
After 2 miles of his riding my ass I turn off the cruise and gas it a little and pull ahead a little. Now at this point I have NO IDEA what it is or who it is so I don't want to go too fast in case its a cop (He had his brights on and I couldn't make out the front end) Then he pulls next to me its a silver Caliber with SXT on it, looks like 20's, tint, a hood scoop, and I can hear his exhaust. His window goes down and he points down the road, I shake my head no cause I'm fucking BEAT! He points again, again I say no. He points a third time and again I say no. So he takes off, CUTS IN FRONT OF ME AND BRAKE CHECKS ME!!!
Ok now I'm pissed and its on! I nail it from behind him and walk past him NO PROBLEM at all! He punches it and tries to keep up but I pull steady till about 110-115 and let off, now hes about a 2 bus lengths behind me and still coming. He goes to pass me and I nail it again, he jumps a fender ahead and stays there for a second but then I start to pull back ahead. His ricer flyby has failed! :lol:

So down the road we go till we hit the toll booth on 895 and now its on! He stops to pay, I go to another lane cause I have my MTAG thingy and don't have to stop. He sees me and we both nail it at the same time. It was a full out slaughter! I killed him soooo baddly it was insain! 1 car, 2cars, 3 cars, a bus length, 2 buses, 3 buses, so far back I can't even tell anymore! I was still pissed so I wanted to not only beat him but to destroy him so I stayed full in it! Ran it up to about 120 and mashed the brakes and pulled over, jumped out and stood by the rear of my car. As he past me with the WTF look on his face I gave him the international LOSER sign and pointed and laughed at him. He told me I was #1, I waved and he went past.

Now I don't know what the hell he had done to that thing but they HAVE to be faster then this!

Good kill man! Own 'em! ;)

dm919 09-08-2007 10:46 PM

Your story sounds JUST like this Top Gear video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVlDRZFu7Go

Good kill. Those cars are not only slow, but reeealy ugly too.

MachiBLue 09-08-2007 11:52 PM

Sweet. Nice kill.

06_cobaltSS 09-09-2007 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by sensesfail99 (Post 1426015)
they weigh over 3000 lbs i think.... i dont think theyre suppose to be quick at all.... however when the srt4 model is finally released.... watch out....

My sedan weighs 3906lbs and the SRT-4 model will be running a 14.1 or so