Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/)
-   -   For all the Sh*t talkers and non believers.. (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/all-sh%2At-talkers-non-believers-159588/)

roadrage06 03-12-2009 02:52 PM

when I go to the track I use a sling-shot contraption that I pre-fabbed in my basement. You have two friends stand up even with the tree, one on the passenger side, one on the driver's side. You wrap it around the back of the car. You depress the clutch, put it in first, right foot on the gas and hold the e-brake up. When the tree counts down, increase the RPMS and prepare for the g-forces. I've cut my 60ft's down to 1.3. You guys definitely underestimate these cars. Just by getting my 60ft to 1.3 i was able to pull a 13.5 with my SS/SC bone stock.

M1kl0 03-12-2009 02:54 PM

that does work alot actually. ive seen good things come from that

roadrage06 03-12-2009 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by M1kl0 (Post 3591128)
that does work alot actually. ive seen good things come from that

haha, could you imagine being a spectator in the stands watching this happen:lol:

Seriously, though, he's right. If you get that 60ft down you take tenths off your ET. Logic says that if a FWD car's weakness is it's launch, then the problem to solve is that first gear.....aka......the 60ft.

M1kl0 03-12-2009 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by roadrage06 (Post 3591151)
haha, could you imagine being a spectator in the stands watching this happen:lol:

Seriously, though, he's right. If you get that 60ft down you take tenths off your ET. Logic says that if a FWD car's weakness is it's launch, then the problem to solve is that first gear.....aka......the 60ft.

drift radials are sweet. and besides when im watching and not actually racing, i love to be track side, not in the stands. we love the action

amxguy1970 03-12-2009 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by M1kl0 (Post 3590948)
you make no sense.

on top of that, why dont you post the pics of your car in you sig. and well go from there.

I'm sorry, did I use words that were to big for you? Or was it the the complete sentences and punctuation? If you would just read through it slowly you could easily understand the points I was making, would you like me to decipher it for you so it's easier to read? And you tell me to go back to school? :lol:

I don't have a sig on any forum, I don't care to put that much time and effort into making one. I am not out taking pictures of my car every time its clean, I am not at every meet, nor do I go looking for races and come back with 4 kill stories each night. You should know by now what I drive, and it isn't a Cobalt SS or anything Foreign...

Tyler

M1kl0 03-12-2009 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970 (Post 3591176)
I'm sorry, did I use words that were to big for you? Or was it the the complete sentences and punctuation? If you would just read through it slowly you could easily understand the points I was making, would you like me to decipher it for you so it's easier to read? And you tell me to go back to school? :lol:

I don't have a sig on any forum, I don't care to put that much time and effort into making one. I am not out taking pictures of my car every time its clean, I am not at every meet, nor do I go looking for races and come back with 4 kill stories each night. You should know by now what I drive, and it isn't a Cobalt SS or anything Foreign...

Tyler

oh my bad. i was ASSUMING you owned a cobalt since you're on a cobalt forum. ill be sure to put my drift car in my sig so you wont assume that i only have fwd cars.

amxguy1970 03-12-2009 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by M1kl0 (Post 3591200)
oh my bad. i was ASSUMING you owned a cobalt since you're on a cobalt forum. ill be sure to put my drift car in my sig so you wont assume that i only have fwd cars.

Oh, and an all wheel driver car too! ;) That EVO was kind of staring at me...

Tyler

M1kl0 03-12-2009 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970 (Post 3591223)
Oh, and an all wheel driver car too! ;) That EVO was kind of staring at me...

Tyler

dont worry, it stares at everyone. its kinda creepy actually. too bad its wrecked now :bye:

amxguy1970 03-12-2009 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by M1kl0 (Post 3591233)
too bad its wrecked now :bye:

That stinks! There should be a RIP smiley or something along the lines of that nature...

Tyler

06superchargedbalt 03-12-2009 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970 (Post 3591176)
I'm sorry, did I use words that were too big for you? Or was it the the complete sentences and punctuation? If you would just read through it slowly you could easily understand the points I was making, would you like me to decipher it for you so it's easier to read? And you tell me to go back to school? :lol:

Tyler

There we go, now you have complete punctuation.;)

coopn8r 03-12-2009 04:40 PM

This thread started out kind of informational and now it has just taken a downward plunge into utter nonesense..

M1, did your bumper fly off when you did a super sweet drift and took on way to many G's.. Mine did that once when I hit Mach 15.

J/p :P

amxguy1970 03-12-2009 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by 06superchargedbalt (Post 3591724)
There we go, now you have complete punctuation.;)

:-D Um that's spelling, not punctuation; I didn't mention correct spelling! ;)

Tyler

revhigh18 03-12-2009 10:52 PM

who drives a 240sx anymore

M1kl0 03-12-2009 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by coopn8r (Post 3591745)
This thread started out kind of informational and now it has just taken a downward plunge into utter nonesense..

M1, did your bumper fly off when you did a super sweet drift and took on way to many G's.. Mine did that once when I hit Mach 15.

J/p :P

nah, it just looks better without it, gotta rep the fmic dont ya think? its a great feeling

slowstang 03-12-2009 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator2 (Post 3584537)
A stock TC Cobalt Could run 13.2-13.3 at ATCO. That track produces some unbelievable times. A bone stock GTO ran a 12.8 there if i recall correctly.

I went 13.5 under PERFECT conditions. Cecil County has been known to produce faster times then Atco. I'm sure the DA was 1000+ ft below sea level on my runs that day. I had a 2.06 60ft on the 13.5 pass. If I were to match those conditions with track prep, take the spare tire out, take a dump, and jump out at the end of the 1/4 mile the car may run 13.4's.

With slicks or dr's i'd be lucky to run 13.3s at best. The car in stock form lacks gearing/hp/suspension to cut a 1.6-1.7 60ft.

Bades 03-13-2009 09:40 AM

m1 i agree it does look lot better... is ur car a piggy???

SuperchargedSS 03-13-2009 02:46 PM

I was able to pull a 13.5 with my SS/SC bone stock
No you weren't. In fact it's ironic because a buddy of mine I play hockey against has basically the exact same set up as you, can drive, and runs mid 13's. We just raced again last night since I have got tuned and a K&N, it wasnt pretty for him.

Only way I will believe a stock SC ran 13.5 in the quarter with street tires and no traction mods (ingalls etc) is with a video.

And I agree about Drifting, it's a sideshow for entertainment before the real racing begins. No one outside the ricer community takes it seriously anyway, hence the pathetic ratings the events get on tv. No one cares...

roadrage06 03-13-2009 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS (Post 3596649)
No you weren't. In fact it's ironic because a buddy of mine I play hockey against has basically the exact same set up as you, can drive, and runs mid 13's. We just raced again last night since I have got tuned and a K&N, it wasnt pretty for him.

Only way I will believe a stock 13.5 sc run on street tires and no traction mods (ingalls etc) is with a video.

If you couldn't tell from the rest of that ungodly ridiculous paragraph I wrote that I was way past sarcastic there is no hope for you.

Honestly, a slingshot for my car????? They wouldn't have even allowed me to do that. How you thought I was serious; the world may never know.

I never ran my car stock.

My fastest ET to date was at Beaver Springs (ill prepped track):

13.9 @106
GM Stage2 running a 2.9 pulley, GMPP Touring Exhaust

:twothumbs

SuperchargedSS 03-13-2009 04:00 PM

To be honest, I just saw your last sentence which said you ran a 13.5 and there are so many clowns around here lately I took that claim at face value.
If the world must know, your posts are filled with garbage. I was skimming through the posts and just saw that....

Im used to the old site where we would actually talk about cars, times and ways to go faster. Scuse me for thinking otherwise.... I guess this is open mic night at the comedy club..

drewbroo 03-13-2009 05:15 PM

A stock VW GTI pwnz all with its plaid interior.

tdipowered 03-13-2009 06:55 PM

wow there are so many cocky dumbasses on here

EatonTVS07 03-13-2009 07:19 PM

true story :lol:

Black SS/SC 06 03-13-2009 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by tdipowered (Post 3597782)

Repost! :lol:

Are you just realizing this? lol

carbombss 03-13-2009 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by tdipowered (Post 3597782)

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...b1/14sd1mr.jpg

roadrage06 03-13-2009 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS (Post 3596970)
To be honest, I just saw your last sentence which said you ran a 13.5 and there are so many clowns around here lately I took that claim at face value.
If the world must know, your posts are filled with garbage. I was skimming through the posts and just saw that....

Im used to the old site where we would actually talk about cars, times and ways to go faster. Scuse me for thinking otherwise.... I guess this is open mic night at the comedy club..

yeah, i feel you on that. which is pretty much why only a few of my posts are informative anymore. this site is my entertainment while I"m at work.