Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/)
-   -   me vs impala cop car (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/me-vs-impala-cop-car-238455/)

06SS ALL DAY 01-08-2011 09:42 PM

me vs impala cop car

So I was driving home a few nights ago and a buddy of mine was on duty and pulled up next to me in his impala issued police vehicle... sooo i always known i cant outrun the radio so i asked him if he wanted to run me from a dig off the light... it was late/early in the morning. no cars anywhereeee. so the light turns green annnnd basically we were neck and neck until i got to the top of 2nd and i started to walk away with a good nice pace. still doesnt prove nothing... can't outrun those damn radios! yes it was recorded. im not going to post the video because in the video it shows his car number and obviously his face. so im not gonna risk a good friends job.

RecklessL61 01-08-2011 09:48 PM

Most Impala cop cars are factory tune and are not to fast so u beating one isn't really saying nothing

Shibito 01-08-2011 09:51 PM

I'm surprised it was even that long. Good kill, you can always outrun radios if they don't know where you are :lol: No I have never run from the police.

bmaynard06 01-08-2011 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by 06SS ALL DAY (Post 5486211)
So I was driving home a few nights ago and a buddy of mine was on duty and pulled up next to me in his impala issued police vehicle... sooo i always known i cant outrun the radio so i asked him if he wanted to run me from a dig off the light... it was late/early in the morning. no cars anywhereeee. so the light turns green annnnd basically we were neck and neck until i got to the top of 2nd and i started to walk away with a good nice pace. still doesnt prove nothing... can't outrun those damn radios! yes it was recorded. im not going to post the video because in the video it shows his car number and obviously his face. so im not gonna risk a good friends job.

If this is true, I mean if someone really wanted, they have your IP address, and I'm sure they could fine you and get that information haha!

I wouldnt think that it would be a good idea for an on duty cop to run someone, just sayin lol

Shibito 01-08-2011 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by bmaynard06 (Post 5486226)
If this is true, I mean if someone really wanted, they have your IP address, and I'm sure they could fine you and get that information haha!

I wouldnt think that it would be a good idea for an on duty cop to run someone, just sayin lol

You'd be very surprised at the things on duty LEO's will do with friends. Of course these things only occur on slow/dead nights.

BlueStang 01-08-2011 09:54 PM

You could show the video with his face and the car number blocked out.

Shibito 01-08-2011 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by demento (Post 5486232)
You could show the video with his face and the car number blocked out.

That would still be risky. If there's ANYTHING recognizable in the video as to who it could be then they could get him. Central Dispatch usually has a general idea of where their units are too so keep that in mind.

06SS ALL DAY 01-08-2011 10:00 PM

yea hunt me down... i'm pretty sure i'll rat on a friend. lol FAIL

BlueStang 01-08-2011 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito (Post 5486233)
That would still be risky. If there's ANYTHING recognizable in the video as to who it could be then they could get him. Central Dispatch usually has a general idea of where their units are too so keep that in mind.

Good point, I could be wrong but with the GPS police cars have on them would it not show up at the dispatch center if all of a shudden he was driving at a high rate of speed when not on a emercancey call

Shibito 01-08-2011 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by demento (Post 5486239)
Good point, I could be wrong but with the GPS police cars have on them would it not show up at the dispatch center if all of a shudden he was driving at a high rate of speed when not on a emercancey call

IDK, our system is not set up anything like that. Our Central Dispatch can not actually see where they are. Usually they have units going on calls or they will check-in at least every half hour if things are slow.

RyRidesMotox 01-09-2011 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Shibito (Post 5486229)
You'd be very surprised at the things on duty LEO's will do with friends. Of course these things only occur on slow/dead nights.

LOL you don't even want to know what me and my buds do sometimes.

Shibito 01-09-2011 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by RyRidesMotox (Post 5486700)
LOL you don't even want to know what me and my buds do sometimes.

I can imagine :) My uncle and my dad are both LEO's.

redcobalt07 01-09-2011 12:23 PM

no fun without videos

07SSYellow 01-09-2011 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito (Post 5486225)
I'm surprised it was even that long. Good kill, you can always outrun radios if they don't know where you are :lol: No I have never run from the police.

that valentine one i gave u has helped ya? and thats funny ^^^lol

O9cobaltSS 01-09-2011 12:32 PM

your friend is stupid.

Shibito 01-09-2011 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by 07SSYellow (Post 5487085)
that valentine one i gave u has helped ya? and thats funny ^^^lol

Yep, I love it. Every time I start my car I have a ritual. Turn fog lights on, plug in the V1, and put the windows down unless it's cold.

I swear by my V1, it has saved my ass a couple times when I was just cruising and didn't realize that I was going 7-8 over the speed limit until it went off.

Chall_SS 01-09-2011 07:00 PM

Those police Impalas are just V6 cars. Nothing to write home about.

Also someone's IP is pretty irrelevant. It is the MAC address which makes you traceable. Your IP will change from network to network.

blackrocky 01-09-2011 07:08 PM

yo nick!

06SS ALL DAY 01-10-2011 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by O9cobaltSS (Post 5487091)
your friend is stupid.

your friend is stupid

Ion 01-28-2011 12:25 AM

I've outran the cops a couple times. Once in a modded stingray. Not hard. Borrowed my Uncle's car and city cop caught me. I gunned it and was gone. Turned out, he knew it was me regardless. He was off duty at that point, and just told me to stop dicking off. ;)

The only time I was actually stupid was the night we got broken into. Omw home from work, I get that call. I am already on the phone with 911 and am doing in excess of 100. Radar goes off, and i keep going. Statie whips it and comes roaring after me. I just let it rip. Hit 130 with dispatch on the line. I said something along the lines of "I'm being chased by a state dick and I''m going to outrun him anyway. Just tell him to back off. I've got a gun and I'm going to shoot that SOB that wants in my home." Statie backed off believe it or not. The joys of living in a rural area and knowing the force. They knew I wasn't kidding.

And no offense to any state troopers. State dick is just a name that has stuck. I've never gotten out of one of their tickets, so I am generally less friendly with them. Hehe.

padlock 01-28-2011 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by 06SS ALL DAY (Post 5488651)
your friend is stupid

nuh uh