Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/)
-   -   TC trash talker. (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/tc-trash-talker-200114/)

Caligula 01-01-2010 06:50 PM

TC trash talker.

Was driving around today.. (Been raining alot, this was the first nice dry day in awhile)

Anyways, came across a ss/tc. Only the second one i've ever seen in person. Didn't even have a tag yet, so I know it was brand new. We ended up both heading twards the shopping center around here, so when he turned in, I followed him, becouse I never get a chance to talk to other cobalt owners. I pulled up beside him at a best buy, and he rolled down the window and I said " Nice Balt" and he said " yeah you too, is that a Supercharged one? I was like yeah, then he laughed a little bit and said "im sorry"

I was like wtf? So I see you just got your balt, did you get it used? Anything done to it?
He said no, it was from a dealership and all stock.

So I told him if he thought his car was gonna take mine all stock like it was, then lets go.
He laughed again and said okay.

He followed me to a road that was closed off a long time ago, a stright road. A few miles long. We went from a dig, and were side by side for awhile then I pulled about half a car, nah, less then that even, The front of his tires were at the end of my front tire, if that makes sense. Then I know he missed a gear (4th) becouse I heard it.

After that he hit the brakes, so I did the same.

For the record, I hardly ever street race, I dont like it, and its stupid.

Not sure why I raced him.

Mods are Stage 2, ingalls TD. Injen CAI. OTTP h/e.

I only have a level 2 driver mod, but this dude was ranked n00b.

chevysssc 01-01-2010 07:04 PM

impressed nice 2 know a stage 2 will be neck and neck with a stock turbo

Caligula 01-01-2010 07:05 PM

^ Well, its like I said. Dude was a horrible driver, I wouldnt say that yet.

I would like to get him to meet me at the track in a few months, but I didnt get his number.

chevysssc 01-01-2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cobaltssdudee (Post 4569483)
^I would like to get him to meet me at the track in a few months, but I didnt get his number.

he sounds like a real cock sucker anyway, at least u beat him.

ls1fbody 01-01-2010 07:14 PM

stage 2 ss/sc shouldn't be too far off a stock TC given the SC has a pretty good driver.

Caligula 01-01-2010 07:15 PM

^ I'm not the greatest driver, but I was much better then this guy.

He really wasnt that bad of a person, just really confident.

ls1fbody 01-01-2010 07:17 PM

that 260 is crank hp, so more like 240whp, which is what most stage 2's dyno anyways.

Caligula 01-01-2010 07:21 PM

^ Intresting, didnt know that.

Also, I wonder if the Ingalls even does anything. I swear I thought it helped when I first got it.

chevysssc 01-01-2010 07:22 PM

scroll down a couple pics ul see my dyno results when i was stage 2 with header,dp,exhst,pnp tb,intake,and 2.99 pully
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...ight=headgames

EXsoccer1921 01-01-2010 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by chevysssc (Post 4569514)
scroll down a couple pics ul see my dyno results when i was stage 2 with header,dp,exhst,pnp tb,intake,and 2.99 pully
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...ight=headgames

you can't see the graph haha.

Caligula 01-01-2010 07:27 PM

^ He was posting that to show, that a SC with a few mods will dyno about the same as a stock TC.

ls1fbody 01-01-2010 07:28 PM

don't forget, a tuned TC will rape even some highly modified SC's

Caligula 01-01-2010 07:32 PM

^ I know that. lol. It goes to like 500hp and 8,000TQ right?? haha

bmaynard06 01-01-2010 07:39 PM

Remember tho, not ALLLL TC owners are arrogant cocks, only most lol! Even I can admit that. I came from my Ion Redline to this, and altough the TC is faster, I still have respect for other SC's and other cars for that fact, and especially other cobalt owners, I mean shit were on the same team haha

Caligula 01-01-2010 07:46 PM

^ True. I chose the supercharged one. Even though the TCs were out already.

Better price, and I like the whine more.

Cobalt tc? Cobalt sc? Same team like you said.

Ricer 01-01-2010 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cobaltssdudee (Post 4569577)
^ True. I chose the supercharged one. Even though the TCs were out already.

Better price, and I like the whine more.

Cobalt tc? Cobalt sc? Same team like you said.

you live like 10 minutes from me.. we have a group from this area that meet up quite often.. let me know if you wanna give a stock TC with a decent driver a shot.. even though my driver mod doesn't quite make up for my fatass.. haha

where did you see the other TC? i haven't seen another one around here

Cobalt_Daddy 01-01-2010 08:59 PM

i'm a tc guy and i'm not cocky :P ... and i respect SC cars. if you think your fast there is always someone faster.

Caligula 01-01-2010 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ricer (Post 4569629)
you live like 10 minutes from me.. we have a group from this area that meet up quite often.. let me know if you wanna give a stock TC with a decent driver a shot.. even though my driver mod doesn't quite make up for my fatass.. haha

where did you see the other TC? i haven't seen another one around here

Not sure what the road is called actually. lol.

I don't see many either, only the 2nd one.

Ricer 01-01-2010 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cobaltssdudee (Post 4569904)
Not sure what the road is called actually. lol.

I don't see many either, only the 2nd one.

well where was it? what part of town? what was it close to?

Billig ss/sc 01-01-2010 11:14 PM

I've raced stock tc's from a roll before and beaten them everytime. It's a really good race but I edge 'em out by a little bit. Says a lot for how good the tc's are stock.

Caligula 01-01-2010 11:14 PM

About ten minutes from downtown Fayetteville. I think its highway 92.

rossshady120 01-01-2010 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cobaltssdudee (Post 4569460)
Was driving around today.. (Been raining alot, this was the first nice dry day in awhile)

Anyways, came across a ss/tc. Only the second one i've ever seen in person. Didn't even have a tag yet, so I know it was brand new. We ended up both heading twards the shopping center around here, so when he turned in, I followed him, becouse I never get a chance to talk to other cobalt owners. I pulled up beside him at a best buy, and he rolled down the window and I said " Nice Balt" and he said " yeah you too, is that a Supercharged one? I was like yeah, then he laughed a little bit and said "im sorry"

I was like wtf? So I see you just got your balt, did you get it used? Anything done to it?
He said no, it was from a dealership and all stock.

So I told him if he thought his car was gonna take mine all stock like it was, then lets go.
He laughed again and said okay.

He followed me to a road that was closed off a long time ago, a stright road. A few miles long. We went from a dig, and were side by side for awhile then I pulled about half a car, nah, less then that even, The front of his tires were at the end of my front tire, if that makes sense. Then I know he missed a gear (4th) becouse I heard it.

After that he hit the brakes, so I did the same.

For the record, I hardly ever street race, I dont like it, and its stupid.

Not sure why I raced him.

Mods are Stage 2, ingalls TD. Injen CAI. OTTP h/e.

I only have a level 2 driver mod, but this dude was ranked n00b.

fuck that i smoke his ass in my TVS im pushing 300 in a 4 speed i beat his ass for 3,000 dollars less then what he payed!

sundevil07 01-01-2010 11:32 PM

so you got it installed shady? pics now

Caligula 01-02-2010 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by rossshady120 (Post 4570179)
fuck that i smoke his ass in my TVS im pushing 300 in a 4 speed i beat his ass for 3,000 dollars less then what he payed!

Random. lol.

Ricer 01-02-2010 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by rossshady120 (Post 4570179)

:rolleyes: