Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Wheels and Tires (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/wheels-tires-96/)
-   -   Anyone with all season tires on their TC? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/wheels-tires-96/anyone-all-season-tires-their-tc-190766/)

Joemann892 10-01-2009 06:34 PM

Anyone with all season tires on their TC?

Hey since i live in NJ im gonna need something this winter (made it last winter with the stock contis lol dont ask) i went with Dunlop SP Sport Signature 225-40-18 all seasons. I am going to put the on this saturday but i was wondering if anyone has gained or lost dry traction by changing the stocks to some good allseasons. Ill be letting everyone know when i put mine on. Oh yeah i guess that means i have some summer tires for sale if anyone is interested.

Cobaltss/TC 10-01-2009 06:43 PM

I went and got 235 goodyear eagle gt and i have more traction dry then i did with the pos conti's of course i put wider tires on but not by much, and when it rains night and day difference between the goodyears and the conti's.

Darkfuzion 10-01-2009 06:44 PM

i also have goodyear eagle gt's no more wheel hop and good in the rain cant say enough about them

Boosted_Cobalt09 10-01-2009 07:12 PM

i hear nokians make a good all season tire. i run bridgestone re-11s for summer and blizzaks for winter.

Iam Broke 10-01-2009 07:32 PM

The above mentioned Eagle GT's came out about the time I bought my BFG g-Force SS A/S tires late last fall so there weren't many reviews then so I went with the BFG's. I blew a Conti on a pothole so I took it as an omen to replace all 4.

Dry they are as good as the stock Conti's and NO WHEEL HOP when they do let go. Wearing quite well with 15k on them now. They should last about 40k miles from the looks of things, time to rotate them before winter.

Up to 3" of snow they are decent. Never had true winter tires on it but when it really sucks out I take Mama's SUV anyway.

REIGN SS 10-01-2009 07:33 PM

*Moved to Wheels & Tires, please post in the correct section*

SEMAJ07 10-01-2009 07:39 PM

I have Potenza RE960AS Pole Position's on and i have to say they are by far THE best tire I have ever owned!! The difference was night and day AND they are all season!! Now I can't say what they are like in the snow (i have blizzaks on winter rims for that) but in all other weather they are amazing! and they seem to wear really slowly...just my experience with them. Oh also I am running 225's instead of the ss/sc 215's:twothumbs

Highbeamz 10-01-2009 08:23 PM

I have some Cooper Sport Xeon A/S on right now...they seem pretty good traction wise, although I never got a chance to drive the TC hard with the Conti's, so hard to say if they're better or worse. I like them though.

FRQ FLYR 10-01-2009 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by SEMAJ07 (Post 4343758)
I have Potenza RE960AS Pole Position's on and i have to say they are by far THE best tire I have ever owned!! The difference was night and day AND they are all season!! Now I can't say what they are like in the snow (i have blizzaks on winter rims for that) but in all other weather they are amazing! and they seem to wear really slowly...just my experience with them. Oh also I am running 225's instead of the ss/sc 215's:twothumbs

I've got same tires/same size for the TC and they're worth every penny. Excellent ride,quiet and stick like velcro wet/dry. Got a truck for the deep stuff but a little slush didn't seem to faze them.

Joemann892 10-02-2009 04:55 PM

i couldnt pass the deal up on the dunlops because i got them for 377$ shipped after MIR

Bumpin Balt 10-03-2009 02:18 PM

Congrats! You will have mediocre traction ALL YEAR! :lol: SNOWS FTW!

emiller 10-03-2009 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by SEMAJ07 (Post 4343758)

I've got them on my TC and they have been excellent so far. I got them last year around Thanksgiving. In less than about 5-6" of snow they did just fine. More than that and the car just snow plows though.