Wheels and Tires All about wheels and tires. What fits, show tires, and so on

Backspacing Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 04:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Backspacing Question

so i am in the process of replacing the weird looking 18x9.5 wheels the previous owner had put on my car and going with a more stock look. i found some wheels that are identical to the oem TC wheels in every way specs wise but i cant seem to find the backspace numbers for the TC wheels to see if they match up. anyone know the backspace number??

the wheels im talking about are not on tirerack but the ones that are listed on there as "fit my car" all clear the brembos correct? in theory, if all the specs are the same then it should work right?

the wheels im talking about are a 42mm offset with a 5.875 backspace. if the TC wheels are the same then i dont see why these wont work. the design of the spokes are different but the shape is sortve alike (they bend out a bit).

and im sorry for being mysterious about the wheels its just that i havent seen anyone with them yet and i would like to be unique at least for alittle while lol
Old 12-05-2017, 05:45 PM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by AG305
so i am in the process of replacing the weird looking 18x9.5 wheels the previous owner had put on my car and going with a more stock look. i found some wheels that are identical to the oem TC wheels in every way specs wise but i cant seem to find the backspace numbers for the TC wheels to see if they match up. anyone know the backspace number??

the wheels im talking about are not on tirerack but the ones that are listed on there as "fit my car" all clear the brembos correct? in theory, if all the specs are the same then it should work right?

the wheels im talking about are a 42mm offset with a 5.875 backspace. if the TC wheels are the same then i dont see why these wont work. the design of the spokes are different but the shape is sortve alike (they bend out a bit).

and im sorry for being mysterious about the wheels its just that i havent seen anyone with them yet and i would like to be unique at least for alittle while lol
It's the face of the caliper that runs into the back of the spokes. I have rarely ever seen that measurement listed.

Some wheels fit. Some don't.

Last edited by cluelessk; 12-05-2017 at 06:07 PM.