Wheels and Tires All about wheels and tires. What fits, show tires, and so on

tire stretching

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1
haha exactly.. im sorry i got tired last night to the point where i stopped caring.. but its hilarious some of you think this is the coolest idea in world and dont think its ricer.. why the hell would you wanyt to hurt your car for something that just looks good.. wow if that isnt the exact definition of a ricer mentality then please tell me what is.

Putting on some fuckn ballin ass wheels and having your car at a crazy low ride height is a style. It's a pretty old style thats been around for a while with japanese and german/euro cars. it just makes cars look proper IMO.

to me a ricer is somebody who buys cheap parts...just because they dont know what else to do. they wanna get cheap parts so they can say that thier car is "modded." ricer's will use anything, they use decals, vinyls, cheap ebay mufflers, cheap wheels/(wheels with multilug most of the time) this just looks wrong IMO (usually bigger wheels than oem on the stock ride height , sometimes they use big spoilers, a pep boys cone filter.

for the most part its the people that dont realize that less is more. quality and rare OEM parts maybe from germany if its a euro and jdm if its a jap.

most people just dont know where to access good parts like this so they "settle" for whatever.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by roccosassistantVW
Putting on some fuckn ballin ass wheels and having your car at a crazy low ride height is a style. It's a pretty old style thats been around for a while with japanese and german/euro cars. it just makes cars look proper IMO.

to me a ricer is somebody who buys cheap parts...just because they dont know what else to do. they wanna get cheap parts so they can say that thier car is "modded." ricer's will use anything, they use decals, vinyls, cheap ebay mufflers, cheap wheels/(wheels with multilug most of the time) this just looks wrong IMO (usually bigger wheels than oem on the stock ride height , sometimes they use big spoilers, a pep boys cone filter.

for the most part its the people that dont realize that less is more. quality and rare OEM parts maybe from germany if its a euro and jdm if its a jap.

most people just dont know where to access good parts like this so they "settle" for whatever.
japanese and german/euro cars enough said
Old 09-13-2008, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan88924
say goodbye to the seal of the bead if you hit pot hole or bump, since there would be no side wall cusion i could see your car having a rough ride. im not hating man, i do like the look alot honestly but it just dosent seem practical.
its pretty practical, i didnt curb my rims all summer, you have to know how to drive. i drove daily into providence and those roads suck. I put more rubber down on the road than the car does OEM. I still whip it around and dont give a ****, the stretch holds up. Theres 400+ vrt's all on stretched tires and they whip around like nuts, the tires hold up fine. And for the guy who says that all we are talking about is doing things that look good but hurt the car..... i also have engine mods. and when you pop the hood you coudlnt tell, its all OE baby.

japanese and german/euro cars enough said

enough said, lets get america with the times.

my friend was big in the cavalier scene back in the day. he was the first to bring jdm style to the scene. When people were all about the big and skinny wheels he had some 17x8s all around. Im not sure the make maybe someone could help me out. But anyway he researched and found that there was a japanese spec cavalier. He ended up buying some jdm motor touchups, staying OEM technically but giving it a a little flavor. He was the first to bring out amber turns when everyone was goin with whatever and alteza tails. this is an older pic before the ambers

EDIT: and he ended up being MUCH MUCH LOWER this is an old pic i cant find the good ones.

Last edited by roccosassistantVW; 09-13-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-13-2008, 02:49 PM

well thats all i needed to hear and point proven. hell if they hold up fine like that i might do it myself
Old 09-13-2008, 02:58 PM

some say jdm is rice
Old 09-13-2008, 03:03 PM

just kuz thats where the term came from/ asian cars/ rice.... get it.

some do say that i feel bad for them

lol why are you even in this argument, your car looks totally OEM its not like most on here
Old 09-13-2008, 03:26 PM

my car looks completely oem, lol base model cobalt ls, sept im lowered on eibach sportlines shorty antenna debadged demolded i custom made my intake from things at autozone does that make me a ricer cause i made my won intake? i don't think so but whatever floats your boat... oh i also ride on w/o my hubcaps because personally i'd rather ride that way then to have shitty looking caps on it. least until i get wheels, and im going by 17x9.5 assuming i can find that might have to settle for a lil thinner wheel maybe 17x8's but still pretty wide.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:27 PM

just kuz thats where the term came from/ asian cars/ rice.... get it.

some do say that i feel bad for them

lol why are you even in this argument, your car looks totally OEM its not like most on here
lol im bored
Old 09-13-2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by knoxbox
my car looks completely oem, lol base model cobalt ls, sept im lowered on eibach sportlines shorty antenna debadged demolded i custom made my intake from things at autozone does that make me a ricer cause i made my won intake? i don't think so but whatever floats your boat... oh i also ride on w/o my hubcaps because personally i'd rather ride that way then to have shitty looking caps on it. least until i get wheels, and im going by 17x9.5 assuming i can find that might have to settle for a lil thinner wheel maybe 17x8's but still pretty wide.

that alone doesnt make you a ricer lol.... sounds like you got the right idea...does it make me a ricer that i cut my airbox open on the fender side and bottom and dropped a k&n in? lol

rice is like i said, for the most part its people who buy more and more and more cheap stuff kuz they think more is better.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:48 PM

what my car is i consider Clean... i like to keep it oem look but clean... i don't think its the mods that make a car a ricer, its the look exterior wise that makes it a "ricer" its not the guy that waiting to get a paintjob, thats under construction, anyone thats been apart of the lowrider scene knows what under construction is. its the guy that has the aluminum double decker wing, the guy that sports the chrome door trim all over the car, the guy that put the non functinal sticky tape hood scoop on the hood or roof. its the guy that sports the 5" plus fart can, the guy thats body kit is hanging off cause it wasn't installed properly. the guy that sports headlights and taillights with condensation in them. the guy that drives like an ******* because he thinks he has the fastest car in the world. ricer is not always a look but a mentality, i've seen some pretty clean looking rides but i considered the driver to be a ricey, for his attitude.

i think that everyone over the past probably 10 years has gotten this idea in their head that anything that "they don't like" is rice and thats is just not the case. its like ever since fast and the furious came out its gotten worse.

ya i admit i like the movies, but its brought people into the car scene that never should changed their car from the factory look. its brought interest to people that really have no idea what they are doing, they do it because they think it'll make them look cool or get respect from people they normally wouldn't, they do it because they are trying to make a statement about themselves and their lifestyle, to pick up chicks...

none of the above are why i do what i do. i do it because i am genuinely interested in making my car do what it wasn't intended to do, i do it because i enjoy getting down and dirty and working on my car, i do it to supprise those with "more of a car", and most of all i do it because of the little fuzzy feeling i get when i accomplish a mod. <the last line was sarcasm but you get the idea.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:05 PM

then your agreeing with me becuase everything you said is what i would say. under construction is not rice at all. like i said its the guy who goes out and buys all that random stuff like more is better... its what u just said but in a nutshell
Old 09-13-2008, 04:06 PM

then your agreeing with me becuase everything you said is what i would say. under construction is not rice at all. like i said its the guy who goes out and buys all that random stuff like more is better... its what u just said but in a nutshell
not really, depends on what it is...its not neccessarily the quantity that makes it rice, its the individual product itself.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:42 PM

yes and obvi theres some good cars out that that are totally done up.. like i said lots of cheap parts that dont fit. or flow with the car. or produce any real gains performance wise, when the kid is talking his car up.

american goodness

Last edited by roccosassistantVW; 09-13-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-13-2008, 04:52 PM

nice Corrado!!! G60 or VR6
Old 09-13-2008, 05:02 PM

GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY

Unless you're a professional drifter then doing this just makes you a poser/wannabee.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Fallen33

Unless you're a professional drifter then doing this just makes you a poser/wannabee.
go back and read.....

i think it was a vr6
Old 09-13-2008, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fallen33

you sound real intelligent...
Old 09-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Banned

I really like your soarer no homo
Old 09-14-2008, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by rocco11189
And your ebay wheels look better? What a joke
So did the VW sites reject you or why are you on a Cobalt forum? Your rims look a hell of a lot cheaper than mine do! :n ono:
Old 09-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Banned

lol dude just...go hit a curb or something already please they make your car look like a submarine
Old 09-14-2008, 01:40 AM

Whatever man. You do whatever you want with your car. I like the way mine looks and thats all that matters to me.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:41 AM

why has the topic at hand gone from tire stretching to a dick swinging contest... geezus some people need to grow the **** up.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:50 AM

because new members like you come in take **** offensive just like that.. read my previous posts.. he asked for suggestions and i told him it was better off to get the proper size and tire and then because someone doesnt agree they throw a bitchfit
Old 09-14-2008, 01:57 AM

because new members like you come in take **** offensive just like that.. read my previous posts.. he asked for suggestions and i told him it was better off to get the proper size and tire and then because someone doesnt agree they throw a bitchfit
new members like me? wtf is that supposed to mean, i didn't take nothing offensive, i just said why does it have to go from being on topic to a dick swinging contest lol... and the ones swinging need to grow up.

its comments like the above, that a lot of people have left over the past year... guess we went from car enthusiast to ******** with the purchase of a car...
Old 09-14-2008, 02:32 AM
Banned

hey shitbrick he was talking about me. I'm just having fun man.

Quick Reply: tire stretching