Wheels and Tires All about wheels and tires. What fits, show tires, and so on

tire stretching

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ff_drift_lol
hey shitbrick he was talking about me. I'm just having fun man.
you got it shitbreak
Old 09-14-2008, 04:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bumpin Balt
So did the VW sites reject you or why are you on a Cobalt forum? Your rims look a hell of a lot cheaper than mine do! :n ono:
Wow considering I have stock wheels and they are made a hell of a lot better than your ebay ADRs? Oh and look here they are ebay quality **** right here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-AD...spagenameZWD1V

I own a 2006 cobalt and I dont go on vdub sites so sry to disappoint you man but I'm accepted here and well your style with your cheap ass rims makes your car look like ****.

Not to mention ive been on this forum almost a full year more than you so how am i not accepted here?
Old 09-14-2008, 05:05 AM

whats wrong with adr ebay wheels?
Old 09-14-2008, 10:39 AM

everyone shhhh
Old 09-14-2008, 10:40 AM

What does the fact that they are sold on Ebay have to do with anything? I guess I should have went to a retail wheel and tire store and spent almost twice as much on them, then I could be cool like you right? FAIL! Just because something costs more doesn't make it any better! I like the ADR wheels and they turn a lot of heads and get a lot of compliments. The stretched tire look is going to get nothing but laughs from 90% of the people out there, but hey it's your car, do whatever you want with it. Just don't post pics of it and expect everyone to pat you on the back.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:47 AM

who r u talking to ?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bumpin Balt
What does the fact that they are sold on Ebay have to do with anything? I guess I should have went to a retail wheel and tire store and spent almost twice as much on them, then I could be cool like you right? FAIL! Just because something costs more doesn't make it any better! I like the ADR wheels and they turn a lot of heads and get a lot of compliments. The stretched tire look is going to get nothing but laughs from 90% of the people out there, but hey it's your car, do whatever you want with it. Just don't post pics of it and expect everyone to pat you on the back.
IF only I had bought wheels hahha stockers ftmfw
Old 09-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

hate hate hate hate
Old 09-14-2008, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by rocco11189
Wow considering I have stock wheels and they are made a hell of a lot better than your ebay ADRs? Oh and look here they are ebay quality **** right here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-AD...spagenameZWD1V

I own a 2006 cobalt and I dont go on vdub sites so sry to disappoint you man but I'm accepted here and well your style with your cheap ass rims makes your car look like ****.

Not to mention ive been on this forum almost a full year more than you so how am i not accepted here?
easy bro.. theres no reason to get on this kid about his rims..we were all asked about suggestions on tire stretching and he disagreed with you about it.. i know that hurts your ego but relax... im pretty sure he didnt ask for suggestions about his rims so theres no reason to disrespect someones work.. ADR and STERN wheels arent even bad quality.

and you must not be able to read because he said "did the VW forums reject you?".. He prolly thought that because ur gallery is mainly of your buddies VW
Old 09-14-2008, 02:58 PM

dude ebay still has good **** dont let people put u down i go to ebay it beats the hell out of payin crazy priices that ****** tire shops want for them u safe like half
Old 09-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned

we all live in a cobalt submariiiine
Old 09-14-2008, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1
easy bro.. theres no reason to get on this kid about his rims..we were all asked about suggestions on tire stretching and he disagreed with you about it.. i know that hurts your ego but relax... im pretty sure he didnt ask for suggestions about his rims so theres no reason to disrespect someones work.. ADR and STERN wheels arent even bad quality.

and you must not be able to read because he said "did the VW forums reject you?".. He prolly thought that because ur gallery is mainly of your buddies VW
So I did read correctly because I was never on the vdub forums and you didnt read correctly because I said I was never there to begin with and if you were reading before and saw my posts about my buddies mk3 jetta then you would know im not part of the VW community. Get your **** straight
Old 09-14-2008, 04:41 PM

Thanks for the back-up. When all is said and done, most people mod their cars to make them unique and an expression of their personality (or make them a little faster). If everyone bought Rial Nogaro's (which are probably one of the best looking wheels on a Cobalt), our cars wouldn't be very unique. So whether you go with wide wheels and stretch the tires or you buy a set of relatively unique wheels (ADR Propulsion) on a budget, the end result is a car that is a little different than every other Cobalt on the road. Do what you want, just don't expect everyone to like your ride. I don't care if you approve of my wheel choice, so don't get your shorts in a knot if I don't like something about your ride.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:42 PM

uh no.. i read correctly.. i know....... this guy mistaken u for ur buddies car and thought u had a VW and was wondering why u were here in the first place and said they must not accept u on the VW forums.. and ur the one who threw a bitchfit and said.. "how the hell am i not accepted here when i been here for over a year longer then you blah blah.." You have no reason to be mad at anyone and you have no right to disrespect someones work on their car.. stop bein immature or gtfo this forum.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:45 PM

uh no.. i read correctly.. i know....... this guy mistaken u for ur buddies car and thought u had a VW and was wondering why u were here in the first place and said they must not accept u on the VW forums.. and ur the one who threw a bitchfit and said.. "how the hell am i not accepted here when i been here for over a year longer then you blah blah.." You have no reason to be mad at anyone and you have no right to disrespect someones work on their car.. stop bein immature or gtfo this forum.
The man(?) is correct! I assumed you drove a VW! Let's just end the pissing contest and we can all try to contribute something positive to the site instead!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:46 PM

haha your funny man the whole reason is to back up the claims that stretched tires have a purpose in which you were arguing they dont and then both you scrubs came in and got proven wrong so now your just looking to bust **** so I bust back and you cant handle it

Yea this kid wanted people who knew something about stretched tires because ff drift wants to do it but your too busy busting on stretched tires and making fun of stock rims that you dont get it

Last edited by rocco11189; 09-14-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-14-2008, 04:55 PM

I'm going to be the bigger man and not post in this thread anymore, because nothing positive is happening here. THE END
Old 09-14-2008, 05:00 PM

haha your funny man the whole reason is to back up the claims that stretched tires have a purpose in which you were arguing they dont and then both you scrubs came in and got proven wrong so now your just looking to bust **** so I bust back and you cant handle it

Yea this kid wanted people who knew something about stretched tires because ff drift wants to do it but your too busy busting on stretched tires and making fun of stock rims that you dont get it
WRONG... ur still mad because we have differnt opinions.. ok you think stretched tires are a good idea just because of looks.. the only reason to do this is if your so LOW you absolutely need to.. otherwise its really ******* dumb and im trying to explain to this kid why and your getting in the way because you dont agree.

Here i'll make it easier
Pros: 1.)To not rub
2.) Drifting
3.) looks good.

Cons. 1,) chance of ruining rims
2.) less traction
3.) decrease in handling(wrong offset used, higher wear rate of suspension components, wheel bearing, etc.)
4.)rougher ride
5.) chance of tire coming off
6.) chance of rubbing still

OK so if you really think its worth all of that just for a LITTLE bit better of a look then go ahead, he doesnt have to listen to me .. I'm just trying to help him out before he goes through with it
Old 09-14-2008, 05:24 PM

WRONG... ur still mad because we have differnt opinions.. ok you think stretched tires are a good idea just because of looks.. the only reason to do this is if your so LOW you absolutely need to.. otherwise its really ******* dumb and im trying to explain to this kid why and your getting in the way because you dont agree.

Here i'll make it easier
Pros: 1.)To not rub
2.) Drifting
3.) looks good.

Cons. 1,) chance of ruining rims
2.) less traction
3.) decrease in handling(wrong offset used, higher wear rate of suspension components, wheel bearing, etc.)
4.)rougher ride
5.) chance of tire coming off
6.) chance of rubbing still

OK so if you really think its worth all of that just for a LITTLE bit better of a look then go ahead, he doesnt have to listen to me .. I'm just trying to help him out before he goes through with it
your cons are just the opposite of what stretching a tire actually does, less tractions FALSE. it make a cheaper tire perform like a more expensive tire = increase traction.
decrease in handling FALSE, if it decreased handling why would drifters use this...
chance of tire coming off FALSE all cobalts 06 actually and 06 and up vehicle is equipt with TPMS tire pressure monitoring system. unless you blatantly ignored your dash display then maybe this is true.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:30 PM

thanks knox
Old 09-14-2008, 05:37 PM

thanks knox
i just wish people would do a little research before they start listening cons about stuff... this is the internet google searching does wonders... yes its true u can't believe everything you read, but you can't also believe everyone that is in the tire business either, just cause they are set in their ways doesn't mean their way is right...

with our advanced technologies these days things that were once not safe, are now safer than ever... tire construction is at is highest compared to 10 years ago.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by knoxbox
your cons are just the opposite of what stretching a tire actually does, less tractions FALSE. it make a cheaper tire perform like a more expensive tire = increase traction.
decrease in handling FALSE, if it decreased handling why would drifters use this...
chance of tire coming off FALSE all cobalts 06 actually and 06 and up vehicle is equipt with TPMS tire pressure monitoring system. unless you blatantly ignored your dash display then maybe this is true.
yea im not even sure if cobalts have that(mine doesnt) but i do know by putting a smaller tire on a rim the requires a bigger one will **** it up... why? because your stretching the tire it requires more air then the required amount of air is supposed to be in the tire and the TPMS sensor has no way of knowing that. That makes no sense.. just because you have TPMS you can throw on whatever size tire and not worry about it? you couldnt be more wrong.

As for handling.. cheap drifters do it because they need a stiffer side-wall which will help make the cars slide easier.. why the **** would you want that in a cobalt? Pro drifters actually have the better more expensive tires made specifically for drifting.

Back to the point.. ff drift how low are u planning to go?

Last edited by blk ss/sc 1; 09-14-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:25 PM

stop talking about drifting lol
Old 09-15-2008, 07:03 AM

yea im not even sure if cobalts have that(mine doesnt) but i do know by putting a smaller tire on a rim the requires a bigger one will **** it up... why? because your stretching the tire it requires more air then the required amount of air is supposed to be in the tire and the TPMS sensor has no way of knowing that. That makes no sense.. just because you have TPMS you can throw on whatever size tire and not worry about it? you couldnt be more wrong.

As for handling.. cheap drifters do it because they need a stiffer side-wall which will help make the cars slide easier.. why the **** would you want that in a cobalt? Pro drifters actually have the better more expensive tires made specifically for drifting.

Back to the point.. ff drift how low are u planning to go?
wow, you odviously don't know how tpms works, i work in a tire shop tpms measure tire pressure in the tire reguardless of size or stretching or not... tpms will know when the tire pressure is lower than its settings approve of. which is programed at the installation of the tire to the rim.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by knoxbox
wow, you odviously don't know how tpms works, i work in a tire shop tpms measure tire pressure in the tire reguardless of size or stretching or not... tpms will know when the tire pressure is lower than its settings approve of. which is programed at the installation of the tire to the rim.
well im not arguing that one.. the point i was making is that the tire is still bein over-stretched and just because a light comes on telling you need more air isnt making it much safer.. The fact that it's stretched and if you would accidently hit a pretty big size pothole the tire has more of a chance of failure then it would if you wouldve had the correct size tire..

i dont even know why im arguing this.. i have my opinion, u have yours.. lets both respect that and move on.

Quick Reply: tire stretching