ZZ Performance ZZ Performance is a proud Supporting Vendor

Customer Service HORRIBLE

Old 08-28-2017, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Customer Service HORRIBLE

I have to say that this years was the first year I have ever purchased anything from ZZP. I also must say that until they have a contact number for customers to be able to call in and speak to someone it will be the last. Here is what prompts this negative feedback.

Purchased turbo kit, rep stated I would need a 3 bar map sensor, and ecu tuned for new turbo. Parts came quickly and were packed very well.

Install. I called and left a message asking if there was anything else I would need to have this build done by a shop, they stated no. Great ready to go.

Used one of the best shops in are area.

First issue was 3 bar map sensor was 4 wire not three. It took two days to get an answer back from ZZP.

Oil line from turbo to engine. Where they crimp the fitting on, on the engine fitting is leaking. They have not heard back yet from ZZP about replacing that line. It has been a number of days.

ECU that was ordered so I did not have to retune car will not allow the car to start. They have not heard back from ZZP yet.

I have a hard time getting past the ability to speak to someone to rectify a problem. When I rated the customer service as bad on the email I received it said chat instantly. I put in what I said and it said they would get back to me. Then a msg came on and said I must have them confused with another company. Yet I received the email from either ZZP or a company they hired to do customer satisfaction surveys.

In total not the car has had my car for two weeks to change a turbo, map sensor and ecu. What could have been easily fixed by a simple phone call or two is still unresolved and it is been two weeks.

It has been almost 3 hrs since I emailed customer service and still no answer.

I believe as a group, people should stop buying from ZZP until they hire an individual or two to answer the phone and help with support. Yes it will cost a few dollars, but I do not believe I am the only person who gets very upset when something is not right and you simply cannot talk to them and get the problem fixed.

Just my opinion. If you want a part that is simple and easy and you know will not require any calls to them, then buy away. However if you purchase something that may require a call to help with a problem, they are not your shop.

Very sorry that this has happened. ZZP offers a lot of products, to bad they do not offer customer support.

Spank
Old 08-28-2017, 11:14 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
When I first installed my supercharger kit from ZZP I ran into a few problems. Not sure why they have a phone number and answering machine because email is the effective way to reach them. If you can imagine they have factory issues but they also have to deal with issues caused by user installation errors. Not saying that is what happened here but they have to read through your complaint and try to determine what caused the problem before they can correct it. Tone definitely matters. If you contact them saying how everything is their fault and haven't provided any proof yet they may ignore your email. If you discuss your issues in a civil manner and let them know what is going on without pointing fingers they are usually pretty good about getting back. More complex problems will take them longer to respond as they want to know what they are talking about before sending a response.

I am not very patient when it comes to "bolt-on" solutions not being entirely "bolt-on, no extra parts needed" but modding a base model I run into little issues like that all the time and have learned it's just part of it. I am always having to tweak little things here and there to get add on parts to work properly. I know how frustrating it can be to be told "this is everything you need" when it isn't but it definitely happens. I say just be civil and concise in your description of the issues and they should get back to you with a response in a fairly timely manner.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
Unfortunately ZZP has a monopoly on parts for this platform. So they could give a **** less about customer service, they have no real competitors.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
Did you perform the relearn on the ecm, zzp has the instructions on the site, that might be the reason it doesn't want to start
Old 08-28-2017, 12:44 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
I always just email or message them and haven't ever had issues. Racheal (I honk that's her name) was always nice to deal with and if I had issues I have messaged Ryan Derrick and he has also responded. Sorry you have had issues.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:59 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
unfortunately this isnt anything new, i remember stories of zzp like this going back to the beginning of the platform. hell, when i bought my stage kit from them (2.7s, 60lb injectors and email tune) around 2011 or 2012 i installed it, made a log and sent it to them and they made corrections, and did that a couple times and once power enrichment was ok thats all they would do, despite now having a car that would hardly idle, and would throw lean codes during cruise. i got told "thats something wrong with your car, our tune is perfect" and they ignored my emails and phone messages from then. i ended up having to really learn hp tuners to fix the mess they created, and it was all the tune.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:14 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkey
unfortunately this isnt anything new, i remember stories of zzp like this going back to the beginning of the platform. hell, when i bought my stage kit from them (2.7s, 60lb injectors and email tune) around 2011 or 2012 i installed it, made a log and sent it to them and they made corrections, and did that a couple times and once power enrichment was ok thats all they would do, despite now having a car that would hardly idle, and would throw lean codes during cruise. i got told "thats something wrong with your car, our tune is perfect" and they ignored my emails and phone messages from then. i ended up having to really learn hp tuners to fix the mess they created, and it was all the tune.
Hey, imo they helped you out in a way. I needed that little push to learn to tune myself as well. I was tired of the wait times and dealing with other people tuning my car. Now im happy to be able to do it myself and help others too.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't say complete monopoly. OTTP still has a lot of the stuff ZZP has, just not as many choices for certain parts if I'm remembering correctly. Not that I have ever bought anything myself from OTTP. Seems like everyone is either a ZZP or OTTP guy (or gal) on here and so it's hard sometimes to decide which part or kit is really the better, more quality buy. Hope you get it resolved soon!
Old 08-29-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 131 Likes on 108 Posts
ZZP runs the monopoly on lnf parts basically
Old 08-29-2017, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ANY PLACE THAT SELLS PERFORMANCE PARTS SHOULD HAVE A PERSON WHO ANSWERS THE PHONE TO HELP WHEN THERE ARE PROBLEMS.

While I have worked through the issues, there is absolutely no reason why they do not have a tech available for tech support, and a customer service rep for order and other issues. What takes days and weeks to fix could be fixed with a phone conversation or two.

Sorry folks, I may be old school but I will never, ever buy parts from ZZP again and would suggest others who purchase performance parts demand that there be a warm body to speak to for help if needed. If they don't have one, don't buy from them. It will only be a matter of time before they spend the money to have the phone manned by the appropriate personal.

I think the cobalt owners are a younger crowd in general, and while there other platforms on their site, and they sell other parts. If I needed help on any of my other cars, for any reason I could call the company that supplied the parts and speak to a person withing minutes. There customer service is simply unacceptable to any adult.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Sucks man. A lot of us are just doing custom parts for going fast. I build quite a few cars here and I steer all my customers into buying ottp parts. I feel like I can message Josh and he promply responds to me without any hassle. I dumped quite a lot of cash with zzp and all their parts got replaced one way or another on my car. A lot of failures occurred. Their last failure cost me a motor. Sadly now there isn't much support left for this platform. Best of luck man
Old 08-31-2017, 04:37 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Bass_Waves
Sucks man. A lot of us are just doing custom parts for going fast. I build quite a few cars here and I steer all my customers into buying ottp parts. I feel like I can message Josh and he promply responds to me without any hassle. I dumped quite a lot of cash with zzp and all their parts got replaced one way or another on my car. A lot of failures occurred. Their last failure cost me a motor. Sadly now there isn't much support left for this platform. Best of luck man
What part was it that failed?
Old 09-01-2017, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bass_Waves
Really?? Most reviews of ZZP stuff I've seen have made them seem pretty bulletproof. Interesting to hear that's not always the case.
Before this thread I was pretty set on doing a ZZP S2 kit when I do my 100k mile tune up in a few k miles but I'm really not sure about it now. Plus it's become obvious over the past 10k miles that my car was beat on/not taken care of significantly before I bought it even though it came to me stock with underglow, sound system, and any performance work removed. Now I'm honestly scared to do anything to it that might mess up the motor to the point I couldn't reverse it. I've already got one shop queen in my garage lol
Old 09-01-2017, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by 07SC_79BanT/A
Really?? Most reviews of ZZP stuff I've seen have made them seem pretty bulletproof. Interesting to hear that's not always the case.
Before this thread I was pretty set on doing a ZZP S2 kit when I do my 100k mile tune up in a few k miles but I'm really not sure about it now. Plus it's become obvious over the past 10k miles that my car was beat on/not taken care of significantly before I bought it even though it came to me stock with underglow, sound system, and any performance work removed. Now I'm honestly scared to do anything to it that might mess up the motor to the point I couldn't reverse it. I've already got one shop queen in my garage lol
I would be interested to hear what parts failed as well. I have a ton of ZZP parts on my car and haven't had any issues except with the dual pass end plate.

What do you think is wrong with your car? Is it not running right?
Old 09-01-2017, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member

Same here everything I have zzp I haven't ran into any problems
Old 09-01-2017, 10:22 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by Snail_SS
Same here everything I have zzp I haven't ran into any problems
Me either, yet..
Old 09-01-2017, 10:36 AM
Platinum Member

Yeah and while talking to someone would be better I have never had a problem reaching someone from zzp via email, all cobalt vendors have problems with answering customers it appears, I've had more problems reaching ottp and Powell at times
The following users liked this post:
jdbaugh1 (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Snail_SS
Yeah and while talking to someone would be better I have never had a problem reaching someone from zzp via email, all cobalt vendors have problems with answering customers it appears, I've had more problems reaching ottp and Powell at times
Same here. I've sent OTTP like 4 or 5 emails and they responded to one with a half answer. ZZP has ignored me before but I deserved it at the time. I was putting in my supercharger kit and was running into issues, some were their fault, but I got pretty damn frustrated and definitely had a tone with my emails and voicemails. Then I calmed down and sent them a civil message to which they responded. I have since learned to not expect anything that is supposed to "just bolt on" to actually do it, not a big deal just part of modding. I think if you calmly and concisely spell out the issue you are having they will get back to you.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:30 PM

This is why I say it wasn't taken care of. Found this beauty when doing my airbox mod...
Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
I would be interested to hear what parts failed as well. I have a ton of ZZP parts on my car and haven't had any issues except with the dual pass end plate.

What do you think is wrong with your car? Is it not running right?
Not every day but probably about every 5-6 times I start it it runs rough at idle until it gets warm and then it's fine. Also a new thing is it will randomly sound like something is loose like a pulley or something like that when it is idling. It will go away when I get moving and usually won't return. It's just weird but not a pleasant noise. Twice it's been at startup and once was idle at a redlight.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:44 PM

This is why I say it wasn't taken care of. Found this beauty when doing my airbox mod...

Not every day but probably about every 5-6 times I start it it runs rough at idle until it gets warm and then it's fine. Also a new thing is it will randomly sound like something is loose like a pulley or something like that when it is idling. It will go away when I get moving and usually won't return. It's just weird but not a pleasant noise. Twice it's been at startup and once was idle at a redlight.
So you have an LSJ right? What exactly does the sound sound like? You should post a video. Could be supercharger needle bearings going out or something like that, that is better taken care of early before something is destroyed because of it.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:49 PM

So you have an LSJ right? What exactly does the sound sound like? You should post a video. Could be supercharger needle bearings going out or something like that, that is better taken care of early before something is destroyed because of it.
Thanks for the info! Yep LSJ. I'll try to get a video next time I hear it. Do those usually go out at about 100k miles?
Old 09-01-2017, 01:54 PM

Thanks for the info! Yep LSJ. I'll try to get a video next time I hear it. Do those usually go out at about 100k miles?
I'm not for sure. With my TVS, though not stock pulley and injecting water/methanol, I started to notice kind of a higher pitch sort of squeal that i could hear at idle sometimes and other times couldn't. Luckily it happened when I also needed an engine rebuild so while I had the SC off I pulled the rotor pack and my needle bearings were dry and one of them had the rollers falling out of the race. The noise it made wasn't even that loud but I am glad I took care of it when I did or my rotor pack could have been destroyed. Idk if that is what you have going on but it is definitely worth investigating as it could save you a lot of trouble if it is.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:03 PM

I'm not for sure. With my TVS, though not stock pulley and injecting water/methanol, I started to notice kind of a higher pitch sort of squeal that i could hear at idle sometimes and other times couldn't. Luckily it happened when I also needed an engine rebuild so while I had the SC off I pulled the rotor pack and my needle bearings were dry and one of them had the rollers falling out of the race. The noise it made wasn't even that loud but I am glad I took care of it when I did or my rotor pack could have been destroyed. Idk if that is what you have going on but it is definitely worth investigating as it could save you a lot of trouble if it is.
Yes for sure. Sounds like it could be the same issue or close to it. Im going to look into it asap. Thanks for your help!
Old 09-01-2017, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
massive thread jack haha

Search this Thread