ZZ Performance ZZ Performance is a proud Supporting Vendor

ZZP More bad Customer Service News

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 10:57 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by steves86ta
i guess what i really don't understand is how the vendor that has a dedicated forum can have at least two (the newest posts) in here that refer to horrible customer service and not acknowledge them.

I haven't read through the other one yet, but at-least in this one there is 0 acknowledgement or response from ZZP in their own forum...

It really broadcasts a message that they simply do not give a crap about their customers.
I work for ZZP, although not in the customer service department, and just wanted to make mention of this. We don't have anyone that frequents this forum anymore, both due to time and the fact that there's so little traffic on here anymore. I hop on every once in a great while, but don't have time in the day to scroll the forums.

Originally Posted by steves86ta
i think the issue isnt even that the part is bad, or that the OP is out shipping/labor/materials

The problem is that the part was ordered, delivered, installed in less than a week, driven for 2 days, and the part failed...

the vendor refuses to help out with either return shipping or a refund if he returns both axles. because they "dont take back used parts"

While i understand them not wanting to take back used parts this is just plain a bad PR move for them. Regardless...

Here you have someone that spent 500 + dollars on parts for a car thats worth what 4k? Maybe 5k?

Obviously this person wants to invest money into his car. And being that ZZP is the only real store for these vehicles they should be smarter with their customers.

You order from summit and you get free shipping on all orders over $99.

Not only that, but they ALWAYS cover return shipping regardless of the order being 99 or more or 99 or less

If you want a refund, then they take the return shipping out of the refund. Otherwise with warranty issues they cover everything. Why? Good customer service.

I had an Aeromotive fuel pump die within 3 hours of installing on a Sunday. I called up Summit and they sent me out a brand new warranty replacement, and there was a return shipping label in the box. I had the new pump in my hands by Monday afternoon...

Thats how it should be done. Not this hey send us the broken part thats less than a week old that obvously had a problem to begin with. Then we will send you another. Thats not fair to the customer.

You do realize how large of a company Summit is correct? ZZP is still a small size operation working out of one building. We charge for shipping because we have to, being a 99% eCommerce website (maybe 1% walk up traffic) we would lose too much going with free shipping over X amount. One day we hope to be large enough to be able to offer that perk, but at the moment we cannot.

Originally Posted by cluelessk
Also how is ZZP supposed to know you installed the axles correctly? They can't warranty your work.

I work in a body shop and you'd be amazed at the stuff customers try to pin on us. (Unrelated rusted damage on the other side of the car). People suck and companies have to protect themselves.

Or you could thrashed the car and broke it.

I know I always check return policy's if I'm worried about losing money.
This. Not saying that OP didn't install correctly, but that always has to be taken into consideration when putting together a warranty policy.

Unfortunately sometimes brand new parts go bad, and you can't base buying decisions on one part. I bought a rear brake caliper for my Redline last month from RockAuto, and it's already leaking at the ebrake connection. I have two options through them, send it back to them (shipping comes out of my refund, although they do provide the shipping label first), or I can purchase another one and then send my old caliper back after receiving the new one (again, shipping comes out of the refund). I understand the concern about customer service, but we (ZZP) and companies like RockAuto still are a business at the end of the day.
The following users liked this post:
07MetallicSC (08-11-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 08:48 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Yeah, I miss all the traffic on here. Still better than Facebook. Some of those guys make my head hurt. Like that Michael Johnson guy.....
Old 08-10-2018, 04:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i ordered from zzp and they were slow to respond but did take care of me well when i need a quick turn around on my PCM
Old 08-10-2018, 04:28 PM
Slobodan Milošević

Received 215 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
Yeah, I miss all the traffic on here. Still better than Facebook. Some of those guys make my head hurt. Like that Michael Johnson guy.....
Especially him
Old 08-10-2018, 07:46 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Zzp always been good to me everything I've ordered has been fast other then waiting for a f40 axle and to restock 257exe turbos for my turbo kit and even when the axle boot strap came loose they paid a local shop that I deal with to fix it
Old 08-10-2018, 09:24 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
but the real question is...did ZZP sell you one shiny rotor?
Old 03-17-2021, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is good business to do that, i got a defective dual pass end plate from ZZP and they made me wait till they got the return, seemed like they did not care about my car being down because part was defective, emails were worthless and rude to me i felt, But they did ship another out today. will i buy from them again Yes they did send me a return label - 07 LSJ
07MetallicSC (03-20-2021)
Old 09-25-2023, 11:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As the person that started this thread I want to post an update. I recently purchased a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS (LNF) first turbo previous Cobalts were LSJs.

Long story short, I don't know all the history of the car I purchased, it has some aftermarket parts.

ZZP customer service has been outstanding putting up with all my questions and providing helpful responses.

I was not prompted or asked to update this thread, it appears to have been dead for almost two years. I just feel is necessary to state that while I was upset with the parts and customer support from a few years ago, my recent interactions with ZZP are very positive.
soundjunky (10-04-2023)