2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

RPD Missing DATA / CODES

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPD Missing DATA / CODES

Hello everyone. It's your favorite pain in the butt Cobalt fanboy.

A quick review: One day my car exhaust sound got lower and overheated. At the time it was hesitating badly from a start, and missing a lot at higher revs. I had the timing chain changed, and spark plugs changed. There was a broken spark plug. After driving for a few days it seemed ok, although perhaps not as peppy as before, but no problems as far as running and cooling system.

However, the RPD reported NO DATA AVAILABLE for CAM PHASE ANGLE. I have the following codes:

P0016 - CRANKSHAFT POSITION - INTAKE POSITION CORRELATION
P0017 - CRANKSHAFT POSITION - EXHAUSE POSITION CORRELATION

P0013 - EXHAUST CAMSHAFT POSITION ACTUATOR SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT

Ok, so the mechanic said he replaced the crankshaft sensors, but that the camshaft sensor having issues could cause the crankshaft codes.

Now, yesterday I was driving and noticed the turbo boost gauge on the RPD was reading about 20 at max boost. This seemed a little high since it is normally around 16. Up to this point I have been pretty easy on the car since the latest work was done, but yesterday I decided to floor it from a light and go through a couple gears. Afterwards I noticed that the turbo boost pressure on the RPD is now reading NO DATA AVAILABLE as well!

My questions are:

1) Can a MAF sensor going bad cause the HIGH/NULL reading on the RPD?

2) Boost still SEEMS to be the same, just no reading on the RPD. Could it be that the RPD not getting data is a separate issue than the actual sensors functioning?

3) Will changing the CAMSHAFT sensor possibly fix the CRANKSHAFT codes?

4) Is it safe to drive the car in this state? It seems to be running about the same, just no data on the RPD for Turbo / Phase Angle.

I haven't checked the codes since the psi readout went null.

The car is on a stock tune with INJEN CP / CAI.

As always, THANKS IN ADVANCE for your help, it is beyond appreciated! I am determined to enjoy this car and keep it forever. I need to get the kinks worked out before I get it tuned!
Old 04-17-2016, 08:29 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by StrykerCC
Hello everyone. It's your favorite pain in the butt Cobalt fanboy.

A quick review: One day my car exhaust sound got lower and overheated. At the time it was hesitating badly from a start, and missing a lot at higher revs. I had the timing chain changed, and spark plugs changed. There was a broken spark plug. After driving for a few days it seemed ok, although perhaps not as peppy as before, but no problems as far as running and cooling system.

However, the RPD reported NO DATA AVAILABLE for CAM PHASE ANGLE. I have the following codes:

P0016 - CRANKSHAFT POSITION - INTAKE POSITION CORRELATION
P0017 - CRANKSHAFT POSITION - EXHAUSE POSITION CORRELATION

P0013 - EXHAUST CAMSHAFT POSITION ACTUATOR SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT

Ok, so the mechanic said he replaced the crankshaft sensors, but that the camshaft sensor having issues could cause the crankshaft codes.

Now, yesterday I was driving and noticed the turbo boost gauge on the RPD was reading about 20 at max boost. This seemed a little high since it is normally around 16. Up to this point I have been pretty easy on the car since the latest work was done, but yesterday I decided to floor it from a light and go through a couple gears. Afterwards I noticed that the turbo boost pressure on the RPD is now reading NO DATA AVAILABLE as well!

My questions are:

1) Can a MAF sensor going bad cause the HIGH/NULL reading on the RPD?

2) Boost still SEEMS to be the same, just no reading on the RPD. Could it be that the RPD not getting data is a separate issue than the actual sensors functioning?

3) Will changing the CAMSHAFT sensor possibly fix the CRANKSHAFT codes?

4) Is it safe to drive the car in this state? It seems to be running about the same, just no data on the RPD for Turbo / Phase Angle.

I haven't checked the codes since the psi readout went null.

The car is on a stock tune with INJEN CP / CAI.

As always, THANKS IN ADVANCE for your help, it is beyond appreciated! I am determined to enjoy this car and keep it forever. I need to get the kinks worked out before I get it tuned!
Your car is probably off timing by a few teeth. P0016/p0017 usually indicate that along with no data for cam phase angle
The following users liked this post:
StrykerCC (04-17-2016)