2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.
View Poll Results: 2.0 LSJ ONLY: What intake do you have?
K&N Intake
24.08%
Injen Intake
45.11%
Fujita Intake
7.10%
AEM Intake
10.42%
XTC Intake
1.20%
JBP Intake
0.83%
Ebay Intake
5.90%
Rebel AutoWorx Intake
4.52%
RDFabs Intake
0.83%
Voters: 1084. You may not vote on this poll

SS/SC intakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got the airbox mod and im lowered there was about 6 inch of rain and i was stuck between streets barley witch under and the car will just turn off it wont let u **** it up so i just let it sit for alil bit and started it steam came out the exhasut and now it works perfect no differnce at all but still it scared the living **** out of me in my eyes the only pont oc a cold air intake is if u got a stage kit cause it really doenst make ur car faster just louder
Old 08-31-2007, 04:45 PM

What should i do.... im getting a stage 2 pretty soon, and im deciding from a Fujita or an Injen intake...? What should i do? Need feedback asap
Old 08-31-2007, 07:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Injen will fit better and is perfectly fine when it comes to a GMS2. If you're going all out later on, you might want larger, but for now, Injen will be fine...
Old 09-03-2007, 05:34 PM

I put my injen on a little while ago and the directions state that you have to remove bumper, and side fender, and the process takes and hour or whatever it is. Well when I put mine on me and my uncle didn't take off the bumper nor did we take off the side fender. We took out the inner fender well cover, unbolted the stock air box, also obviously we took the tire off while we did this, lol forgot to mention that... but any who, we then took off the sensor and what not, turned the air box towards the axle, or the rotor, and pulled it out that way. We then slid the Injen tubing right in, putting everything back together, left all the bolts lose to make final adjustments, then tightened it and wahlah all finished, no check engine light nothing, went together easy and simple, and I swear it only took us about 20 to 30 minutes to do it, and I love the Injen sounds good, and seemed like to me that it gave off a pretty good performance gain. G/L. Just figured I'd give my little adventure.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:20 PM

Can someone show me some prices or post pics of CAI for the 2.2L... I have the 2.2L G5 and im trying to find a good intake...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by MrSlickSter06SS
I put my injen on a little while ago and the directions state that you have to remove bumper, and side fender, and the process takes and hour or whatever it is. Well when I put mine on me and my uncle didn't take off the bumper nor did we take off the side fender. We took out the inner fender well cover, unbolted the stock air box, also obviously we took the tire off while we did this, lol forgot to mention that... but any who, we then took off the sensor and what not, turned the air box towards the axle, or the rotor, and pulled it out that way. We then slid the Injen tubing right in, putting everything back together, left all the bolts lose to make final adjustments, then tightened it and wahlah all finished, no check engine light nothing, went together easy and simple, and I swear it only took us about 20 to 30 minutes to do it, and I love the Injen sounds good, and seemed like to me that it gave off a pretty good performance gain. G/L. Just figured I'd give my little adventure.
If you need to remove the filter or clean the MAF in the future, take the driver's side headlight out. It's two bolts for the headlight and four for the frame it sits in. You can access everthing from there w/o having to take the wheel off...

Originally Posted by SkwidKid007
Can someone show me some prices or post pics of CAI for the 2.2L... I have the 2.2L G5 and im trying to find a good intake...
I would recommend searching in the 2.2 Performance section. I'm pretty sure they have a thread like this describing what L61 (Your engine) intakes are available.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:21 PM

ALright, thanks bro!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
any pros or cons to the JBP intake with an AEM dry flow?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Yeah, the JBP has fitment issues, and dry flow won't net you the power an oiled filter will. If you want to go w/ a dryflow, just buy the AEM intake. If you want to go all out, look at the RD Fabs or Rebel intakes...
Old 09-10-2007, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Edubs
Yeah, the JBP has fitment issues, and dry flow won't net you the power an oiled filter will. If you want to go w/ a dryflow, just buy the AEM intake. If you want to go all out, look at the RD Fabs or Rebel intakes...

oiled filter makes more power than a dry flow? any dyno proof on this or did i miss this discussion already?
Old 09-13-2007, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just installed my fujita yesterday. It was a bit of a pita to get it to fit properly but im pretty sure I got it on good and no intake on car action anywhere. If there was no overflow tank the brackets for connecting the tubes would of been a HELL of a lot easier. But in the end it was worth it. It sounds great of course and felt a little bit more power. Throttle response is a little better too. Couple questions though. How would I know if say the filter came off?? I know its on tight enough but would the sound be a little different if it fell off? Also, I know fujita has rubbing issues and that someone posted a fix on it. Mines not rubbing now but if it does in the future I want to be prepared, thanks. NO CEL EITHER.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by lrk322
oiled filter makes more power than a dry flow? any dyno proof on this or did i miss this discussion already?
Talk to Matt at Tune Time Performance. He's one of the highest respected tuners and a supporting vendor. He has the dyno proof...

Originally Posted by HickOverLOrd
Just installed my fujita yesterday. It was a bit of a pita to get it to fit properly but im pretty sure I got it on good and no intake on car action anywhere. If there was no overflow tank the brackets for connecting the tubes would of been a HELL of a lot easier. But in the end it was worth it. It sounds great of course and felt a little bit more power. Throttle response is a little better too. Couple questions though. How would I know if say the filter came off?? I know its on tight enough but would the sound be a little different if it fell off? Also, I know fujita has rubbing issues and that someone posted a fix on it. Mines not rubbing now but if it does in the future I want to be prepared, thanks. NO CEL EITHER.
It will be louder w/o the filter on; however, you may not notice it if you're not paying attention or just do city driving. My recommendation to you would be this:

Just like you get your oil changed every 5K or so, at the same time:

1)Pull your plugs and check them for color
2)Pull your driver side headlight and check the filter (6 Screws, really easy)
3)Rotate your tires (Every other)
4)Fuel injector cleaner (Every other)

As far as the fender rub thing, that was a long time ago. I think it was Badmonkey that came up w/ a solution, but I could be wrong. Just try to search "Wheel Rub," "Fender Buldge," or some combination of that...

Last edited by Edubs; 09-14-2007 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-20-2007, 04:44 PM

Just ordered my Injen CAI just now. Looking forward to putting that bad boy on my car as soon as it comes in.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by KeystoneSC
This is my first attempt at posting pics...so please bear with me. If this doesn't work, just search for my pics in the gallery.

I installed the K&N Typhoon intake system. The first thing I noticed was increased snap from the line and more power downrange. It is certainly louder and has a characteristic whine, but I'm certainly happy with the results. The install is fairly easy and the instructions from K&N are right on...with one exception. You must connect the boot to the throttle body BEFORE connecting it to the tube. Much less hassle on the install this way.

Here's two pics...one of the tube in the engine compartment, and one of the filter in the wheel well.

I've put almost 1000 miles since the install...and no CEL. The only things I can think of that would be causing them would be either air leaks at your connections, or clogging of the filters...both of which would create the changes necessary to force the CEL in the system.

Just my $.02

just for the record.. my oncle has this on his and removed the panel to take a look at it and the filter guard is finishe.. so if anything buy this.. at least cut off 1" of pipe so that the filter sits higher and wont touch the black plastic and rub on

also guys.. for the AEM what is the right number for the Whole intake and not just the little 4" pipe which i got the other day...?

and which is the full intake in 3"

Thanks r0k0

Last edited by r0k0; 10-04-2007 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-04-2007, 08:43 PM

I got a question but don't know where to post so i'll ask through here. I got a Cobalt SS/SC with 10,000km and its stock. I was told the top speed for this car is 228kmph but a couple of days ago i decided to test it a little. I was able to bring it up to 245kmph and i swear it could have gone even faster. Does anyone know why it goes so fast ? I'm thinking it might be tuned differently but it still doesn't make sense since they say that without the spoiler it can go 232kmph. Once i was at that speed it accelerated even faster, almost feeling like i could have gone 255-260 no problem. if anyone's car is doin the same thing stock or if anyone knows why this is happeneing let me know. thanx
Old 10-05-2007, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Better Maxim
I got a question but don't know where to post so i'll ask through here. I got a Cobalt SS/SC with 10,000km and its stock. I was told the top speed for this car is 228kmph but a couple of days ago i decided to test it a little. I was able to bring it up to 245kmph and i swear it could have gone even faster. Does anyone know why it goes so fast ? I'm thinking it might be tuned differently but it still doesn't make sense since they say that without the spoiler it can go 232kmph. Once i was at that speed it accelerated even faster, almost feeling like i could have gone 255-260 no problem. if anyone's car is doin the same thing stock or if anyone knows why this is happeneing let me know. thanx
What year is the car ?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:20 AM

Its a 2007, u think its the tuning thats letting it go that fast or what?

Last edited by Better Maxim; 10-06-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by KeystoneSC
This is my first attempt at posting pics...so please bear with me. If this doesn't work, just search for my pics in the gallery.

I installed the K&N Typhoon intake system. The first thing I noticed was increased snap from the line and more power downrange. It is certainly louder and has a characteristic whine, but I'm certainly happy with the results. The install is fairly easy and the instructions from K&N are right on...with one exception. You must connect the boot to the throttle body BEFORE connecting it to the tube. Much less hassle on the install this way.

Here's two pics...one of the tube in the engine compartment, and one of the filter in the wheel well.

I've put almost 1000 miles since the install...and no CEL. The only things I can think of that would be causing them would be either air leaks at your connections, or clogging of the filters...both of which would create the changes necessary to force the CEL in the system.

Just my $.02
Do you suppose (by looking at image #2) that if you were to cut the end of the tubing that it would be on the correct angle to couple to the OEM Airbox. Is there anyone with a K & N that could make the comparison. I contacted K&N to see how much the intake tube would cost.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:02 AM

Any check engine lights so far? I have had one on ever since I put my cold air intake on about 5,000 miles ago.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by kwest
Any check engine lights so far? I have had one on ever since I put my cold air intake on about 5,000 miles ago.
did you get the updated flash for your computer?

edit: Stage 2 should fix that (as long as it comes from a dealer)
Old 10-26-2007, 12:18 AM

updated flash?? i have no clue, never knew of a thing. and if stage 2 fixes it then im good cause i just ordered my stage 2 today in fact. got it off of ebay brand new for $435 shipped!!! it should be in in about 3 days or so and then im gunna go have it installed.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Site Founder

2.0 LSJ ONLY: What intake do you have?

2.0 LSJ ONLY: What aftermarket intake do you have?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Please vote..... did I get them all?

Last edited by JonyyB; 11-24-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:30 AM

whoa, first voter. k&n here. and if i'm not mistaken there is no gmpp intake for the 2.0, only the 2.2 and 2.4.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:32 AM

injen
Old 11-24-2007, 01:33 AM

injen

Quick Reply: SS/SC intakes