2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

2013 Cruze ss

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08SSTCRD
Making the Cruze AWD would completely defeat the purpose of the car entirely. The goal of the car is to get good fuel economy while still being high performance. Thats why its based on a compact car. Ever see the fuel economy numbers that Evos and STi's get?? Most guys average around 17MPG. They are fuel hogs.

If you want RWD, get a Camaro, Mustang, or Corvette. That will satisfy your appetite. The Cobalt and Cruze SS are meant to be fun daily drivers, not drag cars. And they accomplish that goal very well, my SS has been a great DD.

I always maintained that its pointless to try and make a FWD 4 cylinder car into a drag car, and I still stand by that.
I understand this. But even so, back in the day, many said a 30MPG HiPerf car couldn't be done. With enough intuition and engineering, there one sits, in your driveway. Machines are becoming more and more efficient. I do not doubt in the SLIGHTEST that a high MPG, affordable, AWD high performance car could exist. The Suzuki SX4 makes almost 30 MPG and its AWD. Granted, its not THAT high of performance, but still. Why not create a car that is selective AWD/FWD for fuel economy? Sure there is more weight, but a lot of heavier FWD cars get better MPG than the lighter AWD Subies.

In regards to the Buick Regal being RWD/AWD, I don't even count that considering its BASE MODEL WILL START AT $36,000!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous.

And PS, I just can't drive. That's been my problem all along. I should have known...
Old 01-29-2011, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 08SSTCRD
Making the Cruze AWD would completely defeat the purpose of the car entirely. The goal of the car is to get good fuel economy while still being high performance. Thats why its based on a compact car. Ever see the fuel economy numbers that Evos and STi's get?? Most guys average around 17MPG. They are fuel hogs.

If you want RWD, get a Camaro, Mustang, or Corvette. That will satisfy your appetite. The Cobalt and Cruze SS are meant to be fun daily drivers, not drag cars. And they accomplish that goal very well, my SS has been a great DD.

I always maintained that its pointless to try and make a FWD 4 cylinder car into a drag car, and I still stand by that.
Yeah their avg. hwy. mileage is close to our avg. city mileage. Which IMO is really bad but on the flip side I suppose if you can afford the car you can afford the gas for it too.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by mexi_loco
I said CHEVY, not GM. GM still makes a Regal GS under the Buick flagship, which is an lnf AWD, with an optional 5spd manual, or 6spd automatic.
really how am I the first person to catch in nearly 2 pages.

The Buick Regal GS is NOT awd, it is FWD. They ditch right right before the unveiling.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:00 PM

sounds like some of you guys need to pull the awd and rwd dick outta your ass... the lnf already prooved it can out perform those cars while getting better mpg oh and its about half the price of those other cars
Old 02-24-2011, 11:05 PM

^ Agreed... AWD isn't happening. Do people just think these things cost no money and no extra weight? Ugh. GM != Subaru
Old 02-24-2011, 11:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
if the regular cruze can cost as much as an ss cobalt how much do you think an ss would cost? likely damn near as much as a camaro ss. for which of course you are better off buying the camaro.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Acey
^ Agreed... AWD isn't happening. Do people just think these things cost no money and no extra weight? Ugh. GM != Subaru
apparently, ppl are just so hung up on awd evos and scoobys like they are king of the road, the lnf beat both cars around several tracks in stock form, now im not saying there bad cars and if you want 500hp obviously get the evo, but if your just doing simple bolt ons and a tune the lnf is more than enough
Old 02-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ramrod1337
apparently, ppl are just so hung up on awd evos and scoobys like they are king of the road, the lnf beat both cars around several tracks in stock form, now im not saying there bad cars and if you want 500hp obviously get the evo, but if your just doing simple bolt ons and a tune the lnf is more than enough
If you want 500HP you don't buy a 4 cylinder. Any 4 cylinder. Period.

You start with an engine thats designed to make that kind of power.

I see retards blowing up their Evos all day by trying to make big power with them. If you hit 500WHP in your Evo, you're making over double what the car was making stock. That means you can kiss your piston rings and engine bearings goodbye. We had an Evo in the shop with so much blowby that the oil was full of gas. He was running 30PSI with full bolt ons and making 380WHP. The car was seriously about to bite the bullet, a few months later it finally did. Its too much stress on the engine to have it last for any long term period.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:50 PM

Ford mustang and chevy camaro V6's make 30mpg and have 300+hp each, cost about the same as a cruze ss would, and since you nutswingers hate fwd... there rwd. So whats stopping you from getting one of them?

Don't say handling, cause the new mustang v6 with the track pack pulls .96g's, Beastly
Old 02-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned

My question is, if a Cruze ltz tops out around 25k, how the hell much will the SS be? It just would seem like it would be another 2 grand or so. I just couldn't see paying that much on a compact.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:49 PM

I'd keep an eye on the 2.0T Verano and use its pricing as a ballpark figure.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Magill
Ford mustang and chevy camaro V6's make 30mpg and have 300+hp each, cost about the same as a cruze ss would, and since you nutswingers hate fwd... there rwd. So whats stopping you from getting one of them?

Don't say handling, cause the new mustang v6 with the track pack pulls .96g's, Beastly
^this
Old 02-25-2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by 06G5GT
SS has nothing to do with how many cylinders are under the hood. SS is a signature performance package. Too many people associate SS with 8 cyls simply because back when the SS package was created, performance required a V8 engine.

A Cobalt SS/TC will outrun, outbrake and outhandle most other SS' ever built.
Quote for truth! People need to stop living in the past and embrace 2011....and the future. Build a bridge and get over it. Good call
Old 02-26-2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Baron7700
really how am I the first person to catch in nearly 2 pages.

The Buick Regal GS is NOT awd, it is FWD. They ditch right right before the unveiling.
didn't see that myself. Thx for the updated info! Sux though because I really would've liked to see the lnf as an awd seeing as how it's available as an fwd and rwd already.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Banned

If they do make a Cruze SS turbo 2.0 then I would think used Cobalt SC & TC would be worth even less than they are now, like who would want one
Old 02-26-2011, 10:17 AM

I love the people calling the Cobalt SS a "High Performance" car. Guess what, it's not. It's a Ecobox with some *****. The Cruze SS will be the same thing. An Ecobox with some giddy up. It's not ment to perform like a Vette. So it will stay FWD like all other high MPG eco cars. Get use to it.

But sub'd for more info.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Banned

^ I would have to agree
Old 02-26-2011, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Magill

because the v6 camaro and mustang are slower then a supercharged cobalt let alone the turboed cobalts.

look up ets before you talk
Old 02-27-2011, 02:43 AM

All I will say on the off topic portion (Regal GS) is that I really wanted to see AWD...I would've bought one, granted it wouldn't have been new, I would've waited a year or two after release and picked up a used one, but now I will not be getting one. Verano looks promising though. I would like to see a Cruze SS and a Verano variant of similar performance in which case that will be my next car. If these things don't happen, I will for the first time be purchasing something other than GM. I've only owned Pontiac, Chevy, and Saturn vehicles. It may be time to look into Audi more.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:52 AM

Not gonna lie. I would probably get a Cruze SS if they made one. I love the Malibu's interior, but not so much the performance. If I could have the best of best worlds, it would jump all over it. And I don't care if they make a coupe SS. I want the 4 door
Old 02-27-2011, 12:34 PM

If so I may be getting a new car come 2013. If the world don't end in 2012 like everyone thinks
Old 02-27-2011, 12:42 PM
USA Y U NO HAVE AUTOBAHN?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by royce777
needs to be a coupe LNF SS
With AWD.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh jesus christ you guys. The LNF is dead...there will be NO MORE LNF. Its a new engine. AWD does not automagically mean its going to be amazing. I swear half of you are so into deep throating AWD < all you have no idea wtf is going on. The SX4?!?!?! seriously?! ya its awd...do you see it street racing?! Do you see it beating the srt4 and SS?! The LNF SS is the fastest fwd car stock in america. The buick awd?! ya ok lets make a 250hp heavy ass awd car and think its going to be a performance model?! wtf AND cost 36k..you guys are so funny. Like you'd even buy one.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:02 PM

P, that's not true...I honestly would buy one. I don't have the same ideas as everyone else...I'm not an Evo/STI fanboy, I want a fairly fun car STOCK, but I do want AWD and turbo. I would almost prefer it not to have an aftermarket so I wouldn't be able to do much to it.

Oh and as for it being amazing, it had better just perform better in winter than my car...that's my real reasoning for AWD...not performance. I'd still take a Sky RL or Solstice GXP if I could buy one for the performance aspect. Or else an 05/06 GTO.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:21 PM

personally i think the cruze needs a bigger engine to come closer to filling the cobalts shoes. its not gonna peform as well as the LNF SS does but thats not the intent of the car. theres guys in chicago rolling in GTOs and other fast rwd cars on summer or all season tires. the car doesnt make the driver, and its not meant to carry a shitty ass driver thru a blizzard!! no matter what the drive train or hp rating, a car is transportation primarily and will not be loved by all.
oh and for 500whp 4 cylinder cars, check out ill garage... they have the fastest civic in the midwest...and guest what, it runs perfectly!

Quick Reply: 2013 Cruze ss