Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Grande Prairie

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grande Prairie

Hey, just moved to Grande Prairie for work, I've seen a few SS's out there on the roads, so I figured I'd post here.

I've got the intermittent low boost issue, and went to one of the local dealers in town, as soon as I pulled into the drive through, the service writer asked me if I'd modified the car.

He goes to check the odometer, and right away asks 'What's this? A programmer? I've seen those before" - He's looking at my RPD. At this point I'm not happy, and I leave. I've heard some stories from a few people in town about how they wouldn't warranty things as simple as bulbs, when the customer is at 32,000k, and only a year into their bumper to bumper warranty.

Who do you guys bring your car to in town, if anybody, or should I plan a trip to Edmonton and get it taken care of there?
Old 06-23-2013, 12:52 AM

What dealership did you go to? I've had great service from both Doug Marshalls and Ken Sergeants with no hassles about being full bolt on and tuned. Doug Marshalls has worked on my car a few times but the service writer that I always talked to has moved on but the service manager and a few mechanics know all about it.

Ken Sergeants replaced my friends cracked piston under warranty and he's full bolt on and tuned too.

Are you by chance a black turbo SS that my coworkers keep confusing me with?

As for the low boost issue, check all of the clamps on your upper and lower charge pipes and on your intake tube to the turbo and make sure your MAP sensor on your charge pipe on the front of the motor is actually put in properly. The seal on the sensor might need shaving down.

Last edited by Martel18SS; 06-23-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Martel18SS
Are you by chance a black turbo SS that my coworkers keep confusing me with?
Thanks for the info. Mine's a black 2010 SS, only exterior mod is a swap for the front chevy badge for a SS emblem, and Ontario plates (for now). Also, a white skull on the drivers side rear window.

I'll check those clamp, it's actually setting a code to trip the light, so i might just bring it to Marshall's if it continues.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:33 PM

You'll probably get in faster and better service at Ken Sergeants.

I'm the 2010 black SS with dark grey TC wheels and a two toned high rises that matches the wheels but I run gold stock TC wheels in the winter. Friend of mine on here is the silver wingless turbo SS with enkei wheels, tinted taillights and black headlights. We're both fully bolted with trifecta tunes
Old 07-18-2013, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Martel18SS
You'll probably get in faster and better service at Ken Sergeants.

I'm the 2010 black SS with dark grey TC wheels and a two toned high rises that matches the wheels but I run gold stock TC wheels in the winter. Friend of mine on here is the silver wingless turbo SS with enkei wheels, tinted taillights and black headlights. We're both fully bolted with trifecta tunes
oh hai
Old 01-28-2015, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by apathy
Hey, just moved to Grande Prairie for work, I've seen a few SS's out there on the roads, so I figured I'd post here.

I've got the intermittent low boost issue, and went to one of the local dealers in town, as soon as I pulled into the drive through, the service writer asked me if I'd modified the car.

He goes to check the odometer, and right away asks 'What's this? A programmer? I've seen those before" - He's looking at my RPD. At this point I'm not happy, and I leave. I've heard some stories from a few people in town about how they wouldn't warranty things as simple as bulbs, when the customer is at 32,000k, and only a year into their bumper to bumper warranty.

Who do you guys bring your car to in town, if anybody, or should I plan a trip to Edmonton and get it taken care of there?
Is there any tuners in GP? I need someone to tune my sc.. Plus I'm new to gp also looking for other cobalt owners!
Old 05-18-2016, 04:55 PM

Damn, never thought id see my hometown on here, and is the ss emblem on the front of the 2010 ss not stock? I thought it was, or i may have bought your car from a dealership in town lol.