Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

2014 Spotted Thread: Maritime Edition

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my bolt is going to be off the road a little longer then I had expected coolant jacket cracked and I also broke piston
Old 04-15-2015, 07:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Aaronfudge
my bolt is going to be off the road a little longer then I had expected coolant jacket cracked and I also broke piston
Porous block strikes again... what are your km/build date?
Old 04-16-2015, 09:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
taht sucks. been there. got a new motor under warranty thankfully
Old 04-17-2015, 09:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
After sitting for a couple two and a half months mine will be back on the road today. Had to get a bearing replaced, control arm bushings and an oil change- but she's good to go.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:29 PM

The Boss may be going out for a stroll tomorrow.. can't wait!
Old 04-17-2015, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by theamericanautos
The Boss may be going out for a stroll tomorrow.. can't wait!
They'll have to meet on a stretch of highway to have a play date when I'm home
Old 05-02-2015, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Canadia
They'll have to meet on a stretch of highway to have a play date when I'm home
haha sounds good, when are you coming back?
Old 05-10-2015, 07:25 PM

haha sounds good, when are you coming back?
I'll be home for the summer the 15th of this month. (this friday)

Hope to start seeing you guys coming to PPP! Me shaun and morgan are there most weekends.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:59 PM

I'll take a trip over.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:04 AM

i won'tbe home until mid july. gonna order some new tires for the balt soon. anyone have any good places they buy from? more than likely looking at ordering from discounttiredirect again.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Canadia
I'll be home for the summer the 15th of this month. (this friday)

Hope to start seeing you guys coming to PPP! Me shaun and morgan are there most weekends.
Welcome back man. where you working away or visiting family? I think you already said but I forgot lol. I'll try to come to PPP one of these days.

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
i won'tbe home until mid july. gonna order some new tires for the balt soon. anyone have any good places they buy from? more than likely looking at ordering from discounttiredirect again.
I've been pretty happy dealing with discounttiredirect but I've recently heard about two other shops, Talon Tire (Talon Tire) and PMC tire (Performance Tires and Wheels at discount for sale Online - - Pneus - PMC Tire, Québec, Ontario, Canada). They're both Canadian so you don't have to worry about the exchange rate. I haven't tried them yet but I heard they're good.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:05 PM

I need to replace my fog light bulbs- looking for yellow halogens... anyone have any recommendations of which brand and from where? I had nokya hyper yellows which looked great- but didn't last, which seems to be a common theme with those bulbs. If I knew where to get nokyas I'd probably buy them again since I have a spare- but only for a good price.

Last edited by nobody2u; 05-16-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:37 AM

I met whitty yesterday at AMP for the first HPDS of the season. Great to put a face to the name and see a Cobalt running out there. Hope to see more of you guys there next time.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:02 PM

I met whitty yesterday at AMP for the first HPDS of the season. Great to put a face to the name and see a Cobalt running out there. Hope to see more of you guys there next time.
no LSD here but id love to go see it sometime!
Old 05-21-2015, 09:18 PM

no LSD here but id love to go see it sometime!
I'll hold you to this!
Old 06-01-2015, 01:24 PM

my once annual post!!! I was good to meet someone else in the community after being dormant so long! But yeah AMP was a PILE of fun if you guys haven't been before don't hesitate like i did for 3 years. go as soon as you can great place and great people to learn from. I can't wait to get back out on the track!
Old 06-01-2015, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Whitty
my once annual post!!! I was good to meet someone else in the community after being dormant so long! But yeah AMP was a PILE of fun if you guys haven't been before don't hesitate like i did for 3 years. go as soon as you can great place and great people to learn from. I can't wait to get back out on the track!
Great to hear you had fun man. Hopefully we'll manage to convince more people to come now that there are two of us lol. I know Canadia's car has an LSD because I had his car before haha so he better start coming at some point!

There's another HPDS coming up not this coming weekend but the one after if you're interested. It's with the local BMW club (and it's obviously open to non BMWs since I'm going lol). I've been going there for years and it's where I started. It's very expensive ($490 + $60 for club membership) but well worth it IMO if you want to continue to do this in the future because the learning curve is a lot steeper.

It's a two day event so it runs on Saturday and Sunday. There are 5 track sessions each day, 2 of them are slalom/exercises and 3 are open lapping. There are also 5 "classroom" sessions between each track session where they talk about vehicle dynamics, car control, etc. You get an instructor for the entire weekend that sits through all track sessions with you so you get a ton of feedback. Here's a link if you're interested: BMW Club Atlantic - Schools

If you have the cash, you should definitely come. I'm sure you won't regret it!
Old 06-16-2015, 09:01 PM

Bolt should be back tmr completely rebuilt motor , had arm strongs in the valley do all my engine work, zzp is retuning my car and i got a few extra goodies. Also have more parts coming in. And sorry for late reply car had 157k on it when she went car leaned out and cracked cylinder 4 piston and scortch the cylinder wall, so gm goodwill all the parts got
New turbo
Fully rebuilt bottom and top end
All i can say is i owe my old manager my life lol my total cost all said an done $2041.47 he saved me 6000 grand.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:29 PM

nice! good stuff!

I just ordered my tires! will have the car back on the road 13 july
Old 06-19-2015, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Aaronfudge
Bolt should be back tmr completely rebuilt motor , had arm strongs in the valley do all my engine work, zzp is retuning my car and i got a few extra goodies. Also have more parts coming in. And sorry for late reply car had 157k on it when she went car leaned out and cracked cylinder 4 piston and scortch the cylinder wall, so gm goodwill all the parts got
New turbo
Fully rebuilt bottom and top end
All i can say is i owe my old manager my life lol my total cost all said an done $2041.47 he saved me 6000 grand.
That's great man, where does will it sit in terms of power?

nice! good stuff!

I just ordered my tires! will have the car back on the road 13 july
what tires did you end up buying and where from?
Old 06-19-2015, 08:33 PM

That's great man, where does will it sit in terms of power?

what tires did you end up buying and where from?
BFGoodrich GForce Sport comp2 from discounttiredirect
Old 06-20-2015, 07:39 PM

BFGoodrich GForce Sport comp2 from discounttiredirect
I heard it's a great tire. I even heard good things about it on Boss 302s. What made you change from Hankooks though?
Old 06-22-2015, 08:42 AM

Im going for 330 whp and 350-360wtrq and im still waiting for a for more mods. And my new a/f gauge
Old 06-22-2015, 09:29 AM

I heard it's a great tire. I even heard good things about it on Boss 302s. What made you change from Hankooks though?
Price and tread wear rating (even though tread wear ratings between manufacturers is different.

These tires were slighly cheaper and are still a decent tire. I know a guy who had them on his IS300 and he loved them.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:54 PM

Great to hear you had fun man. Hopefully we'll manage to convince more people to come now that there are two of us lol. I know Canadia's car has an LSD because I had his car before haha so he better start coming at some point!

There's another HPDS coming up not this coming weekend but the one after if you're interested. It's with the local BMW club (and it's obviously open to non BMWs since I'm going lol). I've been going there for years and it's where I started. It's very expensive ($490 + $60 for club membership) but well worth it IMO if you want to continue to do this in the future because the learning curve is a lot steeper.

It's a two day event so it runs on Saturday and Sunday. There are 5 track sessions each day, 2 of them are slalom/exercises and 3 are open lapping. There are also 5 "classroom" sessions between each track session where they talk about vehicle dynamics, car control, etc. You get an instructor for the entire weekend that sits through all track sessions with you so you get a ton of feedback. Here's a link if you're interested: BMW Club Atlantic - Schools

If you have the cash, you should definitely come. I'm sure you won't regret it!
I wish i saw this sooner, I'm going out on Canada day to AFRA, maybe see you there! ?

Price and tread wear rating (even though tread wear ratings between manufacturers is different.

These tires were slighly cheaper and are still a decent tire. I know a guy who had them on his IS300 and he loved them.

picked up a set of michelin pilot super sports.. not cheap but i cant say a damn thing bad about them just WOW when it comes to grip 2nd gear used to be a total mess now it chirps and goes... maybe slips if i mat it from a really low RPM but nothing at all like my previous set of tires.

Quick Reply: 2014 Spotted Thread: Maritime Edition