Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Stuck throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 08:23 AM
sev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuck throttle body

I am having an odd issue.

While driving, i got every throttle body code, esc, and reduce power mode.
The thing would surge and fight looking for l0dle. Max speed or about 15mph and takes about 30 seconds to reach 15mph.

If shut off and open the door it would turn on and run normal for a few miles and do it again.

I have tried different tunes and have done a full write but thr issue would return.

Now however the issue remains all of the time.
I plugged in HP tuners and the throtrle shows 36 percent actual and commanded. It does not change if the pedal is pushed. If i cycle power on and off it will briefly go down to 12 commanded and 25 actual but a few seconds later they both go back to 36 percent.

I can hear the TB clicking away.
But sometimes the exhaust cam solenoid clicks as well when the engine is off.

Anybody seen this before?

i ordered new cam solenoids and a TB but i am worried thr issue is electrical.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:23 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
When you replace your throttle body chase the wires back to the ecu. Can't say I've witnessed this happen before.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:24 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm going to guess that your throttle body is toast. Hopefully the new one your ordered will fix it. I had similar symptoms when my TB was showing different readings for actual and expected position
Old 03-09-2017, 09:32 AM
sev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets see what happens.
I was expecting to see HP tuners show the commanded and then the actual way out of range.

I am not sure if its normal for it to match the cammanded and actual to 36 percent.
Hopefully the ecu just matches it and enables Limp mode to keep the motor running.

Let see.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:06 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
They should always match though, otherwise I'd think you'll get a code. So on start up like that when they aren't matching, tells me there is an issue there. Also, 36 seems high for idle, and should definitely change when you step on the throttle... but its been a while, I can't remember what my exact % were, I want to say 18%