Tuning For tuning and related discussions

Tune ordered(trifecta) 2nd guessing??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tune ordered(trifecta) 2nd guessing??

Hi fellow cobalt owners,I have a question just want a honest opinion for my situation.
I know trifeca has been gone over/over again but seems the program might have been changed.
Ok I ordered the budget tune,although I plan on doing a full tune I just want to try and see if tune is worth the mighty dollar first.
They only do 20psi tune cause trans issues and whatever I'm ok with that cause I rather be on safe side.I bought cable so I'm ready for a full tune when I'm ready,tune should be here in a day or so.cant find recent members with this 20psi tune only 22+psi.
I'm fully stock with auto,(reason I want a tune),is it worth it?
Its a 2009 hhr ss 12,600 miles.
Plans are downpipe and 3 bar map senser's,far as engine stuff goes,don't know any other (cheap)mods to get for hp,torque.
I bought tune bad newes racing,wondering did I go wrong,or I'm I on right track.
Thanks
Old 04-04-2014, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nightwalkerhemi
Hi fellow cobalt owners,I have a question just want a honest opinion for my situation.
I know trifeca has been gone over/over again but seems the program might have been changed.
Ok I ordered the budget tune,although I plan on doing a full tune I just want to try and see if tune is worth the mighty dollar first.
They only do 20psi tune cause trans issues and whatever I'm ok with that cause I rather be on safe side.I bought cable so I'm ready for a full tune when I'm ready,tune should be here in a day or so.cant find recent members with this 20psi tune only 22+psi.
I'm fully stock with auto,(reason I want a tune),is it worth it?
Its a 2009 hhr ss 12,600 miles.
Plans are downpipe and 3 bar map senser's,far as engine stuff goes,don't know any other (cheap)mods to get for hp,torque.
I bought tune bad newes racing,wondering did I go wrong,or I'm I on right track.
Thanks
i use to own two hhrss(mine was a 5 speed and the wife was an auto). unfortunately you are stuck with that as far as my knowledge. i will say it is worth it!! now keep in mine, we got our hhrss in 08 when there was not much for aftermarket. as u can see in my sig, i'm a hahn guy lol. so i got the first thing that came out for the hhrss as far as tune wise go, which was the hahan ppc tune on my 5 speed. it was a 20psi tune and night and day difference. i later upgraded to trifecta. IMO, i wouldn't get the budget tune if you plan on upgrading later. does 2 psi make a difference?? well depends on who you ask lol.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse1975
i use to own two hhrss(mine was a 5 speed and the wife was an auto). unfortunately you are stuck with that as far as my knowledge. i will say it is worth it!! now keep in mine, we got our hhrss in 08 when there was not much for aftermarket. as u can see in my sig, i'm a hahn guy lol. so i got the first thing that came out for the hhrss as far as tune wise go, which was the hahan ppc tune on my 5 speed. it was a 20psi tune and night and day difference. i later upgraded to trifecta. IMO, i wouldn't get the budget tune if you plan on upgrading later. does 2 psi make a difference?? well depends on who you ask lol.
Thanks for input well really don't know how far I'm going with this car yet,and it seems slow,but I never had a turbo and just got to learn best way to drive it,it seems quick at times and disappointing at other times.i don't plan on tracking it or racing it just wanted little more.
I have a 400 hp car 4,000 lb and it hauls ass,goes well fast enough to have fun.if I can get this thing close 300hp I'll be ok for awhile.
Think the front wheel drive thing is something I might have to get used to,no way I could deal with stick to old but sounds like fun.
Have cable,tune was sent last night,but it doesn't see a car hooked up I emailed them waiting for response.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:47 PM

Did you download the trifecta software?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:55 PM

Yes laptop software is the one telling me can't find my car cable turns green when in port so I know cable is connected and laptop downloaded software for cable so computer recognize cable.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:07 AM

There are different software a for the different cables. Make sure you have the right software.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by roadrunner132
There are different software a for the different cables. Make sure you have the right software.
Thanks looks like you were somewhat right,they just emailed me I had a out of date software,going to try another one later today,
Thanks for response on helping glad the forum is active..
I'll post how it all works out,see if budget tune worth the money.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:29 PM

Budget tune is Working,and well it's just as people are saying,its night and day.
Software I downloaded was out of date,I got the updated software loaded right up no problems,except service air bag light came up without backing key out after I loaded it started it.
I turn car off then on and went out,think computer had to boot up and check everything.
Back to the tune I ordered select a tune(turn tune on with cruise) and maybe budget tune don't offer that,cause tune is always on.
Soon as I started car it sounded different and ran way different,and think I even seen 25 psi if not very close,mine is auto and car will spin tires when going 40mph.
Had to park it cause I didn't want to get in trouble.
I heard about trans going bad cause of tune,think I'll be going easy on the car and save up for upgraded transmission.
Just can't stress it 200 tune bought cable 150.00
For 350.00 think I just robbed trifecta.lol
I know car can get tune better but for the money this what I was looking for.
My first mod I'm happy.