08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

$1,000 Hahn Swap!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05Slowline
since when
Like back in my Jbody days, **** they had one of the fastest jbodies around. Granted their parts were hella expensive back then as well.

Idk, I could just be blowing ****, but even if I had no physical proof, there would be no way I could buy one of their parts now, with everyone being unanimously against everything they produce.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Banned

Yea they had a fast sunfire i'll give them that.
Fact of the matter as it sits now is, they don't give a **** bout anything other than making a quick buck off the community. What are they doing for the community? Selling expensive sub par, well not sub par, pretty much just complete **** parts. They aren't making advances, they aren't doing any r&d, they couldn't even do a fking turbo upgrade properly. When was the last time you saw Hahn posting up talking with the people that are gonna be buying their ****?
They either don't get it or just don't care, or maybe both.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 PM

Yea, they used to frequent the forums, I havent seen anything since I came back from my time spent running a prelude.

Maybe OP would have better luck selling parts on the .com? they may have a different outlook on the situation
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there is no vendor on here for hahn to at least represent themselves or back their product?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Banned

BUT what about tHahns exhausts.?????? are they still good?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:29 PM

I didn't read through all 3 pages, but like people said, don't buy Hahn.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Banned

that is all
Old 01-11-2012, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OH DAMN!!! and im gettin flamed for wanting to get rid of their parts??? amazing lol i wonder if i went to other vehicle forums if they would say the same thing bout them!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:43 AM

was there a reason you highlighted those 3 guys, or showed tha list at all??

their exhaust i think sounds among the best for our cars.. sc, tc, an na.. but there were problems with it bangin around that ahnnever addressed along with the rest of their problems... usually you get wat you pay for, but they were pretty bad
Old 01-11-2012, 02:36 AM

I've never personally had any issues with Hahn parts. I love my Hahn Exhaust, and their customer service has always done extremely well for me.

I have not seen any of their latest products and do not own an SS/TC. Lets address the stuff you are complaining about though.

Poor quality Intercoolers resulting from bad welds on the end tanks. This is definitely an issue. If you already have the intercooler on you car, it would be wise to just take the intercooler to a local fab/machine shop and have them take a look, fix any weak spots.

Rusted IC piping. Really? how much do you know about piping? Almost all unfinished piping that is exposed to the elements will rust. Stainless steel doesnt, but aluminum/aluminized steel will rust. Stainless is heavy so usually not used in IC piping. Aluminum is more often used and would need a finish put on it to prevent rusting.

Long story short here, Have your intercooler checked and acid dipped to determine weak spots. Get your IC piping Powder coated, and save your money for something else to be done to the car later.

You arent going to gain any more power by swapping one 3" DP for another or one IC over another. The only way you are going to "gain" power is by getting a better tune.

l8r,
PD
Old 01-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MastaShaKe_88
was there a reason you highlighted those 3 guys, or showed tha list at all??

their exhaust i think sounds among the best for our cars.. sc, tc, an na.. but there were problems with it bangin around that ahnnever addressed along with the rest of their problems... usually you get wat you pay for, but they were pretty bad
ecoboost was listed as poc for hahn in their vendor thing, ecoboost is not even a member, should be betweeen what i highlighted
Old 01-11-2012, 08:00 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by sponge14
It's so hard to understand because I can't see where he ever said that?
I saw it in his sig . Plus he mentioned it in one of the other dozen threads I saw on here.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:38 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Nfamous60
OH DAMN!!! and im gettin flamed for wanting to get rid of their parts??? amazing lol i wonder if i went to other vehicle forums if they would say the same thing bout them!!!
why get rid of good parts? that doesn't make sense..... I have their downpipe, and it was a fantastic piece of work. The IC Ive heard 1 or 2 people had theirs crack on a weld. But for the most part you get what you pay for. ZZP makes good parts too if you need to replace any that wont be covered under hahns warranty or you need new ones.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:54 PM

I have had zero problems with my hahn downpipe and intercooler. Seems kinda of pointless on spending money parts that you already have pretty much. Just get a tune if you want more power.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Banned

what i find funny is this.........if you look back at other posts, say from 1-2 years ago, the same people who are posting on this thread that Hahn sucks were posting that Hahn was the awesome.

I found a post from the Turbo Tech racing guy in a thread quoting " Very nice setup! Great choice in product!" about the member SUKXOST's hahn set up............

Sooooo, whats up?? Im jst wondering if more people on here are ganging up on Hahn because its the COOL thing to do.........kind of like the opposite of ZZP where people like to nut swing to ZZP.

here is the link to the SUKXOST Hahn build thread that people loved at the time, check it out.......Just saying

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...xhaust-146486/
Old 01-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Banned

actually they just redid there intercooler and redid there exhaust..........not to be rude but me thinks that because you may not sell Hahn anymore, it would be in your best interest not to support then......

not trying to start something but id be a fool if I didnt take that into consideration and we all now you cant believe everything on here
Old 01-11-2012, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by hydroturboss
actually they just redid there intercooler and redid there exhaust..........not to be rude but me thinks that because you may not sell Hahn anymore, it would be in your best interest not to support then......

not trying to start something but id be a fool if I didnt take that into consideration and we all now you cant believe everything on here
Good point there.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:56 PM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what's this about rusting charge pipe? Never heard about that. Only reason I don't like hahn is that it costs more than what it's worth compared to what the competition charges. Maybe on a different platform their prices would fly but not when companies such as ZZP, turbo XS, and Treadstone make their stuff at the prices they do. If you've already got it imo there's no point in switching, just keep an eye out for signs of wear.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Banned

what i find funny is this.........if you look back at other posts, say from 1-2 years ago, the same people who are posting on this thread that Hahn sucks were posting that Hahn was the awesome.

I found a post from the Turbo Tech racing guy in a thread quoting " Very nice setup! Great choice in product!" about the member SUKXOST's hahn set up............

Sooooo, whats up?? Im jst wondering if more people on here are ganging up on Hahn because its the COOL thing to do.........kind of like the opposite of ZZP where people like to nut swing to ZZP.

here is the link to the SUKXOST Hahn build thread that people loved at the time, check it out.......Just saying

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...xhaust-146486/
no what's funny is everyone tried to bash zzp a year or two ago because zoomer says it how it is and doesn't sugar coat it for you kiddies. now everyone pulled their head out of their ass. kind've the opposite for hahn.....

at what point did you miss this

they don't give a damn about anything other than making a quick buck, they couldn't even do a turbo swap properly...really?
go ahead and buy overpriced sub par parts from people who don't give a **** about the platform, that's your choice.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Banned

ive said it before and ill say it again......Hahn has lowered there prices on all their products since moving to Florida. Check them out........go on there Facebook page.

I have price out there FULL exhaust and intercooler and they are comparable to the other companies now
Old 01-11-2012, 05:59 PM

If i were to start from scratch with a stock ss i would buy zzp parts.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Banned

.........did you ever think that maybe Hahn wants nothing to do with css.net? this forum has a bad reputation with other cobalt forums. Just ask GMSC or the OCC. Most of those members left here because they were sick of it.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Banned

who cares if people left cause they got butthurt, rightfully so at the time.
this site is the single largest site for the cobalt if they had any interest of something other than just throwing a piece of pipe out on their site for 300 dollars they would be on here answering concerns in their vendor forum, asking about interest in new products. do they do that? NO. does any other vendor on here? YES.
you're riding hahns dick and you haven't a single part from them lmfao like really?
stick to rpd's.

"Blair Clarke
Hey Bill. I like you products ALOT. Recently there has been alot of negative feelings about Hahn Racecraft on Cobaltss.net and I think you should go on that forum and address some of the issues and feelings that many members have towards your company.

This has been going on ALOT on CSS.net"

rofl is all
Old 01-11-2012, 06:03 PM

It is funny how things have changed over the years. zzp is one of the only companies still doing big things with the ecotec.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Banned

if you go on the Hahn Facebook page they are coming out with a turbo upgrade

Quick Reply: $1,000 Hahn Swap!