08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

$1,000 Hahn Swap!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 06:05 PM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hydroturboss
.........did you ever think that maybe Hahn wants nothing to do with css.net? this forum has a bad reputation with other cobalt forums. Just ask GMSC or the OCC. Most of those members left here because they were sick of it.
Implying that all the other cobalt sites combined have enough members to come close to stacking up to this site. And most of the members on all those other sites are on here as well.
Originally Posted by 05Slowline
who cares. you're riding hahns dick and you haven't a single part from them lmfao like really?
stick to rpd's.
Actually he has their exhaust and intercooler
Old 01-11-2012, 06:07 PM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ive said it before and ill say it again......Hahn has lowered there prices on all their products since moving to Florida. Check them out........go on there Facebook page.

I have price out there FULL exhaust and intercooler and they are comparable to the other companies now
I'll give you what's fair, their prices have gotten much better. Just looked at their site for the first time in well over a year. Much better now. Still not the cheapest but their at least comparable.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you go on the Hahn Facebook page they are coming out with a turbo upgrade
oh they finally figured out how to put an s20g on correctly?

Originally Posted by TommyP
Implying that all the other cobalt sites combined have enough members to come close to stacking up to this site. And most of the members on all those other sites are on here as well.

Actually he has their exhaust and intercooler
all i've ever seen was chatter about hahn is great hahn is this, never saw him post pics or a review about them *shrugs*

Originally Posted by ecotecturbo
Hahn was doing really good until his father passed and everything went to ****.
wouldn't say really good, but tis true they were way more involved and ready to advance
Old 01-11-2012, 06:10 PM

dtcd take it easy buddy. Ive had all their parts for three years now with no issues.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Banned

lol it's whatever people are going to buy into a name just to say they have it like it means something other than they over paid. they just don't do it right sorry.
heavy chargepipes that rust, fail
intercoolers that blow, fail
their oil return solution, fail
their inability to do a turbo swap lnf, fail
their inactivity and failure to interact with the community, fail

i could go on but i think you get the picture.
the only thing that was worthwhile was their exhaust, but ****, i can get a 3" ss from zzp for 200 dollars less.....
Old 01-11-2012, 06:19 PM
QUEEF-NUGGETS

Hahn< everything else
Old 01-11-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If your Hahn IC isn't leaking, there's no reason to replace it. The charge pipes I would replace simply because they don't bolt to the block.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

I often scratch my head tO why I waste my time on this forum .......u can never have a decent conversation!

I wish more people were like Tommy.....you can have a debate with him and he is civil
Old 01-11-2012, 06:41 PM

im not reading all these comments and replies... but from what i have seen exhaust wise. turbo XSs DP is pretty much the same a hahns... there catback again is same quality as hahns...

i think that turbo XSs exhaust is way better than any other company out there, especially for the price.

never seen a zzp intake, so i cant say if turbo XSs cai is better or not..

also, turbo XSs FMIC is ******* huge, from the pics. i think their fmic is bigger than zzps
Old 01-11-2012, 06:44 PM

I often scratch my head tO why I waste my time on this forum .......u can never have a decent conversation!

I wish more people were like Tommy.....you can have a debate with him and he is civil
What are you blabbing on about?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Banned

^typical CSS.net, getting flamed by guys who don't have two pennies to rub togeter
Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boys have a ***** and girls have vaginas.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by damastah
im not reading all these comments and replies... but from what i have seen exhaust wise. turbo XSs DP is pretty much the same a hahns... there catback again is same quality as hahns...

i think that turbo XSs exhaust is way better than any other company out there, especially for the price.

never seen a zzp intake, so i cant say if turbo XSs cai is better or not..

also, turbo XSs FMIC is ******* huge, from the pics. i think their fmic is bigger than zzps
doesnt matter how big it looks lol
Old 01-11-2012, 07:32 PM

^typical CSS.net, getting flamed by guys who don't have two pennies to rub togeter
Oh, brother..........

If you don't like this site, please feel free to leave. Sorry if we have a low tolerance for whiners.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by SSlobalt
Oh, brother..........

If you don't like this site, please feel free to leave. Sorry if we have a low tolerance for whiners.
He's just mad because he usually is on the receiving end of the smart ass replies.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:42 PM

I remember a while back, right after I ordered their exhaust.. They announced they were gonna stop makin their exhausts for the Cobalts,"There was not enough interest or profit to continue to make them" somethin along those lines in the email they sent me.. couple months afterwards they announced they have a new prototype drawn up thats supposed to sound better and not bang around so much on lowered/stock cars. Couple months after that, they announced that they're no longer making new products for the Cobalt... Its pretty cut an dry.. I dunno how this whole Hahn flame war got started(I blame Slowline ) but cmon.. everybody WAS on Hahn's jock at first, than they realized they're ***** the same as everybody elses so some people got pissy, an then ZZP did the EFR thang(*ahem* EFR announcement) an everybody jumped on ZZP's jock... yall are horriblé
Old 01-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Banned

Keep nut swinging CSS.net......keep swinging
Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Banned

^ lol this kid wants to talk bout nut swinging

an i didn't start it lol theyve been having problems for years////look in their forum at all the posts of complaints and not even a "we'll look into it". sad.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by 05Slowline
doesnt matter how big it looks lol
well i think it had something like a 95% efficiency... i forgot what they said.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:39 PM

I've got all Hahn stuff, and I am happy.

Also, any of you that pays retail pricing for your stuff...well, you deserve to be separated from your money. I got a quote from Hahn for what I wanted, I made sure it would be worth it to them to accomodate me, I haggled, and got what I wanted a price that was fair.

Paying retail? Pfft, that's for chumps.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Banned

^ now u be careful with that Hahn opinion of yours on CSs.net brainchasim......u follow the sheep or u get ragged on and called names! Lol
Old 01-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Banned

^ dude quit acting like a tool, noone said you weren't entitled to your own opinion or called you personally anything negative because of your opinion. if you like it that's your choice and opinion, best of luck. don't say noone told ya so down the road though .
Old 01-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Banned

Now was that so hard to talk civil? Thank You
Old 01-12-2012, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by BlkWdoSS
I've never personally had any issues with Hahn parts. I love my Hahn Exhaust, and their customer service has always done extremely well for me.

I have not seen any of their latest products and do not own an SS/TC. Lets address the stuff you are complaining about though.

Poor quality Intercoolers resulting from bad welds on the end tanks. This is definitely an issue. If you already have the intercooler on you car, it would be wise to just take the intercooler to a local fab/machine shop and have them take a look, fix any weak spots.

Rusted IC piping. Really? how much do you know about piping? Almost all unfinished piping that is exposed to the elements will rust. Stainless steel doesnt, but aluminum/aluminized steel will rust. Stainless is heavy so usually not used in IC piping. Aluminum is more often used and would need a finish put on it to prevent rusting.

Long story short here, Have your intercooler checked and acid dipped to determine weak spots. Get your IC piping Powder coated, and save your money for something else to be done to the car later.

You arent going to gain any more power by swapping one 3" DP for another or one IC over another. The only way you are going to "gain" power is by getting a better tune.

l8r,
PD
well spoken definitely something to look into when i get bk hittin the road to texas tomorrow smdh
Old 01-12-2012, 11:48 AM

i'm gonna do my tune when i get back, but save some just incase wut BlkWdoSS said bout the intercooler sounds pretty good and worth a shot.

Quick Reply: $1,000 Hahn Swap!