08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

04/02/2008 GMCL Is Pleased To Announce Pricing For 2008 Cobalt SS Turbo Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canada 04/02/2008 GMCL Is Pleased To Announce Pricing For 2008 Cobalt SS Turbo Coupe

I will let you guys know all the details of my letter from Marc J. Comeau (Vice President - Sales, Service & Marketing) when its okay to disclose this info...

This was at the bottom Of the letter...

Pricing information is for the use of authorized GMCL dealers and personnel only and must not be disclosed to unauthorized persons.

Given I work for GM I would rather not get a phone call from this guy.

But I can tell you that Base MSRP with Freight Wil be around $26K Flat thats the 1SA PKG (NO OPTIONS)

I will update...
Old 04-04-2008, 12:16 PM

That's quite a bit more than what was initially announced... How sweet.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM

Thats close to what you guys were paying for the SS/SC isnt it?

Not bad!

Originally Posted by Dustin
That's quite a bit more than what was initially announced... How sweet.
He's in Canada

Last edited by chipsgt; 04-04-2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-04-2008, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by chipsgt

Not bad!

He's in Canada
Whoops.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess that's good.... I don't know the currency rates, but it seems ok...
Old 04-04-2008, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by JPizzle
I guess that's good.... I don't know the currency rates, but it seems ok...
The CAD is stronger than the USD.. So they're paying a substantial premium.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by chipsgt

Not bad!

He's in Canada
Its less than the SS/SC was... the SS/SC was 25 500 + freight
Old 04-04-2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by davis98
Its less than the SS/SC was... the SS/SC was 25 500 + freight

Then even better!
Old 04-04-2008, 02:03 PM

If you go to Build Your Own on gm.ca it lists the base MSRP for the Cobalt SS as $24,995 without freight. I'm pleasantly surprised, as I expected the Cobalt SS to be the same price as the HHR SS, like it is in the US. The Canadian HHR SS is $28,240. So $3245 less than the HHR SS. Awesome!
Old 04-04-2008, 05:45 PM

Pruduction Update

Production Dates:

Phase 1 Production (May 5-16)
Phase 2 Production (May 19-30)
Phase 3 Production (June 2-14)
Phase 4 Production (June 16-30)

Still No Option Pricing...

Sticky?

Old 04-04-2008, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by OverbooSSt
Production Dates:

Phase 1 Production (May 5-16)
Phase 2 Production (May 19-30)
Phase 3 Production (June 2-14)
Phase 4 Production (June 16-30)

Still No Option Pricing...

Sticky?

For anyone who has ordered one of these, this isn't new information.... sorry bro

Maybe if you could tell me residual values, APRs, option prices you would have something new...
Old 04-05-2008, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by davis98
For anyone who has ordered one of these, this isn't new information.... sorry bro

Maybe if you could tell me residual values, APRs, option prices you would have something new...
Obviously you know nothing about the car bussiness, APR and Residual vales are released monthly and change monthly or whenever GM wants. Given the car has not landed yet there wil be no Rates or residuals, especially before option prices.

Sorry i couldnt tell you something new pal, i didnt know we had "KING LNF" in here but for everyone else in here this info may be good to know.

Oh BTW there is no ordering for these yet(Canada), anyone saying they have ordered one really has only gone into their dealer and left a deposit to get one when it lands, or order one when ordering is open...

Sorry BRO...
Old 04-05-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by OverbooSSt
Obviously you know nothing about the car bussiness, APR and Residual vales are released monthly and change monthly or whenever GM wants. Given the car has not landed yet there wil be no Rates or residuals, especially before option prices.

Sorry i couldnt tell you something new pal, i didnt know we had "KING LNF" in here but for everyone else in here this info may be good to know.

Oh BTW there is no ordering for these yet(Canada), anyone saying they have ordered one really has only gone into their dealer and left a deposit to get one when it lands, or order one when ordering is open...

Sorry BRO...
Not true, I picked colour and options, I would say thats ordering a car... especially since it is slated for production in mid June. It did have to be manually allocated. Several Canadians have confirmed orders.

I'm not trying to hate, but this isn't new info. You can even build your own SS on the gmcanada website.

I would imagine APRs and residuals will be released long before cars start to land. Autobook list the sunroof as free, the LSD is $500 US, probably around $800 CND, the only options are the radio and XM which should be the same price as the other models.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:29 PM

well, i pick color and options everyday, i build lnf's all day long on autobook, but thats as far as it goes except for deposits... someone came in and left a $3000.00 deposit on a new camero the other day but that doesnt mean it is ordered... rates and rsiduals will arrive the same time ordering is open thats where it starts. as of right now you can say you have one ordered to stand out and have people asking "how did you get one ordered?" but all you can do is wait till its open and the fleet mngr sends the order. right now all you did was talk to a salesman and he took your deposit. then he will get the order sent. also its kinda hard to finalize an order without the price being agreed on, it just dosent happen.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:11 PM

The 08 Cobalt SSs HAVE TO BE manually allocated. The sales person or manager has to call GM and manually order the car. My car has been ordered at the largest Chevrolet dealer in all of Canada. Based on the number of cars the dealership sells, a determination whether or not said dealer will actually be able to order said car will be made.

I can assure you that my 08 Cobalt SS has been ordered... Imperial Blue, LSD, Sunroof. As of now, it is tentatively slated for production at the beginning of June. A friend of mine has also ordered an 08 Cobalt SS, from the very same dealership... Summit White, LSD, Sunroof, High Rise.

I promise you pictures of BOTH cars, together, when they arrive

One final note, comparing the Cobalt SS which is in production to the 2010 Camaro, which has yet to be shown in production trim, isn't very fair...
Old 04-07-2008, 08:14 PM

iam just telling you the situation man, you can say its ordered all you want, it simply is not. Ordering is not open yet... you can not order a car that has no final price yet. he can order exactly what you want when he gets option pricing but as of now, no its not ordered yet. you think its ordered but keep telling yourself that and everyone around you.

also if all is left for you is the car to arrive, then good job man you just agreed to pay whatever the dealer wants you to pay.

Thats why its not ordered, untill price is negotiated there is no order, they wont order a car with out knowing what they are going to make... they are most likley going to try and charge you over MSRP just like Solstice and other new hot models. so with out knowing the total price of the car and invintory amounts and agreed financing or leasing terms and aproval of credit they simply cant do it.

no its not ordered you like to tell people you have it ordered but you dont, sorry but you

Last edited by OverbooSSt; 04-07-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-07-2008, 09:07 PM

This thread has gone to crap faster than most on this forum.

And the car isn't even available for another 6 weeks yet!

Last edited by firemanfrank; 04-07-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:55 AM

Ok so I'm confused. My dealer told me theres no way I can order one till the 09 ordering starts because im too late. He said they only ordered one so thats what im stuck with. Is this true? Or has the ordering not even started yet for canada?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by F5_Z06
Ok so I'm confused. My dealer told me theres no way I can order one till the 09 ordering starts because im too late. He said they only ordered one so thats what im stuck with. Is this true? Or has the ordering not even started yet for canada?
The build out for 08s has already finished.

If you haven't ordered yet, your going to be stuck buying one off a dealer lot, if available, or waiting for an 09.

And here comes overboost to tell me im wrong...
Old 04-08-2008, 09:29 AM

nope.. you're right, they're only getting two.. maybe three per dealership depending on the size or importance of it... I know they're only getting 105 for all Quebec... and there's more or less 52 dealerships here
Old 04-08-2008, 11:43 AM

ordering has not started for canada yet, there is a small margin for production for an 08 Model year SS/TC. Now the question still stands if you are even able to order... oredering is over for all of our other 08 models but this may be different for the TC. Not sure yet.

All Canada Has right now is the Base MSRP and avalible Options, with no prices yet.

Some people like to go to their dealer and pick options and leave a deposit and tell people they have one ordered to be special but no there is no ordering yet. Iam on GM InfoNet everyday for updates and so far this is all we have right now.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:51 AM

I certainly don't consider myself "special" because a gave a deposit...

If you're right, I guess I'll be stuck with my 11 000KM 07 SS SC.. ohh no, lol

Since you seem to know everything.. how about a clear and completely reliable answer about the damn Summit white color...
Old 04-08-2008, 11:52 AM

sorry davis98 but your just another one of those guys that thinks he knows more than the dealer, I AM NOT LYING! I have customers wanting the TC aswell but I can't order one yet, we researched, called GM etc. etc. Do you think i like to get on here spitting false information about my own product? NO! do you think if i could order these cars and make my self money if i would? YES! please belive me. You two in ont. there seem to be the only ones that somehow have one ordered, without even agreeing on price? WTF, it just doesnt happen. you provide me with proof and i will stand corrected, and i am sorry for saying your wrong so much but this is the truth. Maybe you should talk to your dealer and ask them if they really have it ordered?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Cutomer: I want one of those cobalt turbocharges thingys
Dealer: We cant order them yet sorry come back next year..
Customer: I will put 10,000 down now
Dealer: ill BRB
Dealer: We would love to have your 10,000 err... I mean we can order that..

*slaps head with hand*

lesson.... Money Talks Bullshit walks..!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 PM

I know a won't fight over a cobalt, lol... if they're not available.. too bad

but you're totally right, they're almost only willing to talk if they know you have the money... but not in my case dammit I bought my SS 11 months ago.. I'm pretty much changing for fun.. I'm kinda tired of going to the dealer and almost teaching them infos on the car I want, IMO a good seller should know his products better than the potential buyer... they sooo don't know what the hell is really going on

Quick Reply: 04/02/2008 GMCL Is Pleased To Announce Pricing For 2008 Cobalt SS Turbo Coupe