08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Airbag warning wont turn off

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Airbag warning wont turn off

Hello guys!

a little backstory: the dealer replaced my ignition switch and when I got the car, the wheel felt a little off and with time, the cable hub broke. purchased one online and when I replaced the hub, everything works fine (switches and horn work) but there is an airbag warning that appears on the info screen. is there a way to test the aribag to see if its damaged?

thank you in advance
Old 07-27-2017, 03:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
There was a recall for that issue. I went to the dealer for them to do it and they charged me the diagnostic fee because it wasn't due to the problem which was in the recall. I think they were going to replace the sensor or something and charge me $300 but I said **** that and I just drive with the air bag light on lol. Sometimes it's on sometimes not just like the ****** wheel pressure sensors
Old 07-27-2017, 05:05 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I had same problem with airbag light and I still do but I found that the wire broke on passenger side seatbelt I would look at that first and the tires sensors I had problems with one of them and I let all the air out of all of then and filled and did the reset on them and i haven't had problem since I did that