08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Curious about price and some little specs.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Curious about price and some little specs.

Id really like to purchase a ss/tc in the next few months and i was just wondering how much id be putting up for a brand new one.. (id rather go new bc some kids these days DO NOT know how to take care of cars) and is it a front mount intercooler? and how many pounds of boost are these pulling stock? JW
Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 PM

no offense, but if you A: go to the dealership, its says right on the window sticker, B: search, C: go to the LNF section
Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe look at a local dealer?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:06 PM

or the FAQ section of the SS/TC that explains every question you just asked.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by DebadgedBALT77
no offense, but if you A: go to the dealership, its says right on the window sticker, B: search, C: go to the LNF section
Well no offense but A. I work 25 hours a week. B. I am going to school 18 more hours a week. and C. i meant more like how much cushion do dealers really have on these cars, as in how much can they play with the price

I did not think ppl on this forum were this rude WOW
i dont have much time to do anything but work and study.. at least until next semester where i will have a lighter school load... maybe those premium member guys or a moderator can be a little more help to me

and there is only a small dealership in the town where i go to school and they are not chevy gm etc... so scratch that idea

Last edited by gatorsfan15; 11-17-2008 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nope. premium members are dicks too

but seriously. your answers are where they told you. we're just lazy to go look for you

Last edited by EXsoccer1921; 11-17-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-17-2008, 12:59 PM

work 25 hours and go to school 18?

goddamn your a sissy. You're probably around my age and guess what, I'm a retail manager who works 60+ hours a week and I go to school full time.

Sorry I don't normally flame but it's frustrating for me when I see someone who doesn't work even half as hard as I do and still has the nerve to cry about it
Old 11-17-2008, 01:05 PM

Wow work 25 hours can't remember the last time I had a 25 hour work week. 40 Hours+ work week, school at night 15 hours for my B.S. plus a part time job on the weekends and I can still find a few minutes to call the dealership and ask those questions.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lota 1upers here lol i work more than you!! no i work more than you
Old 11-17-2008, 01:43 PM

im not trying to be rude, but you really dont work/ go to school that much. Im not trying to "one up you" but 42 hours of "work" is nothing.

And they also happened to sticky that right at the very top of the LNF section just for questions like that. oh and pricing happens to be on the homepage.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:48 PM

so i stand now as the person that works the least whoopty doo (im making money and getting a degree thats all i care right now)
is anyone going to answer the question? and im not whining i just think its dumb when ppl say oh go look at the sticker on the window? if you all pay the price on the window your.... well... less fortunate... to be nice... dealerships always inflate the prices so when they come down it makes it seem like your getting a good deal etc... im wanting to know what the cushion they have on them are.... i dont believe i could find that info anywhere else except on this forum...
so can someone give me an idea on how inflated the prices are i didnt think i would start a riot by saying i dont have much free time on my hands
Old 11-17-2008, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by gatorsfan15
Well no offense but A. I work 25 hours a week. B. I am going to school 18 more hours a week. and C. i meant more like how much cushion do dealers really have on these cars, as in how much can they play with the price

I did not think ppl on this forum were this rude WOW
i dont have much time to do anything but work and study.. at least until next semester where i will have a lighter school load... maybe those premium member guys or a moderator can be a little more help to me

and there is only a small dealership in the town where i go to school and they are not chevy gm etc... so scratch that idea
You work and go to school so much, but yet you have time to post on css.net instead of do research for the questions you asked? Ya, that makes sense. You're not the only one going to school and working. Now that you asked a more specific, non generic question, you might be able to get a little more help. I personally, do not know the answer. But just guessing, most of the cars are selling for around $24,000 new so i would say you might have a couple thousand dollars to play with but not much. I could be completely off though.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:50 PM

1: General pricing can be found around 22,800-26K for the ss/tc as ive seen
2: Yes its a frount mount intercooler ( looking at a picture of the car would have told you this)
3: boost anywhere between 14-19 psi give or take on average.

there, revoke my "rude"status. theres your ansewers.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by boostaddict
work 25 hours and go to school 18?

goddamn your a sissy. You're probably around my age and guess what, I'm a retail manager who works 60+ hours a week and I go to school full time.

Sorry I don't normally flame but it's frustrating for me when I see someone who doesn't work even half as hard as I do and still has the nerve to cry about it
where did i cry dude?
and im sorry i didnt fall into a position where i had to work 60 hours sorry dude that blows but it aint my problem i was proving a point that i dont have much time to go to a dealership and we dont even have one with cobalts.......im not starting a poll on who works the most

1: General pricing can be found around 22,800-26K for the ss/tc as ive seen
2: Yes its a frount mount intercooler ( looking at a picture of the car would have told you this)
3: boost anywhere between 14-19 psi give or take on average.

there, revoke my "rude"status. theres your ansewers.

sweet thanks thats all i was asking...

Last edited by gatorsfan15; 11-17-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-17-2008, 01:53 PM

so i stand now as the person that works the least whoopty doo (im making money and getting a degree thats all i care right now)
is anyone going to answer the question? and im not whining i just think its dumb when ppl say oh go look at the sticker on the window? if you all pay the price on the window your.... well... less fortunate... to be nice... dealerships always inflate the prices so when they come down it makes it seem like your getting a good deal etc... im wanting to know what the cushion they have on them are.... i dont believe i could find that info anywhere else except on this forum...so can someone give me an idea on how inflated the prices are i didnt think i would start a riot by saying i dont have much free time on my hands
base pricing is on the homepage. and i gave you the general priing i have seen at most dealerships in my previous post.
plus alot of dealerships allow you to email them questions about the cars.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:50 PM

where did i cry dude?
and im sorry i didnt fall into a position where i had to work 60 hours sorry dude that blows but it aint my problem i was proving a point that i dont have much time to go to a dealership and we dont even have one with cobalts.......im not starting a poll on who works the most

sweet thanks thats all i was asking...

dude you were just complaining a couple posts up that you didn't have time to go to a dealership or even just call and find the information you're looking for.

Maybe if you didn't waste your time arguing with us on here, take a break from doing your god awful amount of work and get off of your ass you can go find your answers.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:55 PM

rofl ^^^^
Old 11-17-2008, 03:03 PM

dude you were just complaining a couple posts up that you didn't have time to go to a dealership or even just call and find the information you're looking for.

Maybe if you didn't waste your time arguing with us on here, take a break from doing your god awful amount of work and get off of your ass you can go find your answers.

lol go read the posts i stated WE DONT HAVE A DEALERSHIP HERE THAT SELLS COBALTS okay? so in order for me to "get off my ass" and go do something i would have to drive somewhere at least 45 min away... i dont have the gas or time to do that.. get it right buddy... and i get a kick out of debating with yall its fun for me lol and i dont have to leave my class to get on here i jsut get on here while im in a lecture and taking notes

Originally Posted by blissmaster13
You work and go to school so much, but yet you have time to post on css.net instead of do research for the questions you asked? Ya, that makes sense. You're not the only one going to school and working. Now that you asked a more specific, non generic question, you might be able to get a little more help. I personally, do not know the answer. But just guessing, most of the cars are selling for around $24,000 new so i would say you might have a couple thousand dollars to play with but not much. I could be completely off though.

hey thats an honest answer to the question that i asked.... and your right i should have stated my question better i apologize

Last edited by gatorsfan15; 11-17-2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-17-2008, 03:07 PM

lol go read the posts i stated WE DONT HAVE A DEALERSHIP HERE THAT SELLS COBALTS okay? so in order for me to "get off my ass" and go do something i would have to drive somewhere at least 45 min away... i dont have the gas or time to do that.. get it right buddy... and i get a kick out of debating with yall its fun for me lol and i dont have to leave my class to get on here i jsut get on here while im in a lecture and taking notes

hey thats an honest answer to the question that i asked.... and your right i should have stated my question better i apologize

I'm assuming that you're talking about a Chevy dealer? If so, I find it hard to believe that they don't sell cobalts. but ok, let's say hypothetically they don't, I'd put money on the fact that they would probably order one for you or at least be able to get you information on it...

now let's hypothesize that it's not a Chevy dealer, you mean to tell me you can't open a phone book and find a dealer? or listen to radio ads? or tv? I don't think you live in Afghanistan dude. There's gotta be Chevy dealer near you
Old 11-17-2008, 03:12 PM

sorry to anyone i offended im just looking for answers and maybe i could have worded my question better... there just arent any dealerships near where i live that sell gm models... and i cant really call them and straight up ask how much on the sticker price that they have to play with below that sticker price... but i guess that question is kind of hard for anyone to answer anyway now that i think... i guess a better question would be what is the most someone got a dealer to come down for them?...... and on the FM inercooler i saw the picture i just wasnt sure if it was the heat exchanger that was on the previous SC model... or is there really a difference? im not sure what a heat exchanger is unless thats a fancy name for an inercooler?

I'm assuming that you're talking about a Chevy dealer? If so, I find it hard to believe that they don't sell cobalts. but ok, let's say hypothetically they don't, I'd put money on the fact that they would probably order one for you or at least be able to get you information on it...

now let's hypothesize that it's not a Chevy dealer, you mean to tell me you can't open a phone book and find a dealer? or listen to radio ads? or tv? I don't think you live in Afghanistan dude. There's gotta be Chevy dealer near you
No im talking about a ford/mazda dealership im not currently in ardmore im in seminole okalhoma which is a small ass town lol but i talked to a teacher today who said there is a small chevy dealership on the outskirt of the town that is new but he said all they really have are trucks and mallibus but who knows... and i cant really call a dealership and ask what their cushion is on there sticker price?

Last edited by gatorsfan15; 11-17-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-17-2008, 03:16 PM

sorry to anyone i offended im just looking for answers and maybe i could have worded my question better... there just arent any dealerships near where i live that sell gm models... and i cant really call them and straight up ask how much on the sticker price that they have to play with below that sticker price... but i guess that question is kind of hard for anyone to answer anyway now that i think... i guess a better question would be what is the most someone got a dealer to come down for them?...... and on the FM inercooler i saw the picture i just wasnt sure if it was the heat exchanger that was on the previous SC model... or is there really a difference? im not sure what a heat exchanger is unless thats a fancy name for an inercooler?
a heat exchanger is an after cooler...basically an intercooler just with some different plumbing because of the difference between superchargers and turbos

that's about as simple as I can put that..

and now that we've got you thinking and making more sense out of your questions...

ehh the price...your best bet is to kind of rub it in how bad the economy is, how much trouble GM is in, yadda yadda...but be warned there probably isn't much room to play

as an example, my uncle is a Ford engineer. I pay what the dealer pays for any Ford product. anyway, having seen many dealer invoices compared to retail prices, the markup isn't very high. which is very logical considering how bad the economy is. the less markup they have on a car, the less money you can fight with them over. make sense?

sorry I gave you a hard time, but I was hoping you'd realize how silly your question was originally, and eventually, you rethought it
Old 11-17-2008, 03:22 PM

a kid on LI just got one bottom line for 19K before taxes and fees.......
Old 11-17-2008, 03:25 PM

a heat exchanger is an after cooler...basically an intercooler just with some different plumbing because of the difference between superchargers and turbos

that's about as simple as I can put that..

and now that we've got you thinking and making more sense out of your questions...

ehh the price...your best bet is to kind of rub it in how bad the economy is, how much trouble GM is in, yadda yadda...but be warned there probably isn't much room to play

as an example, my uncle is a Ford engineer. I pay what the dealer pays for any Ford product. anyway, having seen many dealer invoices compared to retail prices, the markup isn't very high. which is very logical considering how bad the economy is. the less markup they have on a car, the less money you can fight with them over. make sense?

sorry I gave you a hard time, but I was hoping you'd realize how silly your question was originally, and eventually, you rethought it
that would make sense about eht SC considering the way it runs as opposed to a turbo
but yeah i went back to look at my first post and it really was very generic and then i was getting mad at ppl bc i thought i had worded it differently the whole time lol

Originally Posted by Tank07
a kid on LI just got one bottom line for 19K before taxes and fees.......
hmmm sounds good bottom line prolly would subtract the sunroof spoiler? what else? none of that stuff really matters to me all i care is the specs under the hood

Last edited by gatorsfan15; 11-17-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-17-2008, 03:26 PM

not a problem man, dont worry. unless its a really speific question that doesnt get brought up alot, youll be told to search, theres aTON of info here.

We just get tired of the" which intake is best?" Or what exhaust sounds the nicest threads.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:32 PM

not a problem man, dont worry. unless its a really speific question that doesnt get brought up alot, youll be told to search, theres aTON of info here.

We just get tired of the" which intake is best?" Or what exhaust sounds the nicest threads.
oh believe me i know what u mean ive been involved with DSMs i owned a 93 talon (obviously AWD turbo being a DSM) but i had to give her up... but yeah ppl on there would ask dumb questions like that all the time.. but yeah mine was a very generic question at first..

Quick Reply: Curious about price and some little specs.