08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Damn, not again!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ae_xiong
That's what I'm trying to do too. But I seriously doubt you paid that much back in taxes without any proof. If you seriously make that much, buying a house shouldn't be that much of a issue that you're just driving a economy car around. Well, unless you're an extreme cheapskate. LOL I've seen a few episodes. Their houses are huge but they live like cockaroaches.

No, I actually brought it in to the dealership. LOL
Haha, he's a boilermaker, that should say enough.
Love how people don't know how much cash can be made from welding... keep your fancy degree and just hope you pay that much in taxes one day.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
I like the dealers in my town cause u call em, they come get ur car, fix it, and bring it back to ur work. So nice.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:34 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by andrewcarr1993
So you can or can't afford it with all your hard earned money, I pay for school as well as working and paying for mods. I've never been given a cent towards my car or college from my parents.
I can afford it but like I said, I worked hard for it and I don't want to just give it away for someone to simply play with it and charge me more than they need to. I don't like the feeling of getting ripped off.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is actually another way to turn it off though that doesn't involve stalling it out. If you remove the steering column surround there is a red 6x2 pin plug, I believe it is, and if you unplug that it'll be the same as turning the car off. At least this is better for the car but really stop doing that and treat the car properly with the maintenance needed and normally they'll treat you nice back.
I must say you are one of the most stubborn member on this forum. Not like I gave a solution and referenced it about 3 times now. But you only focus on the negatives when I said it NEEDS to be fixed. If you feel like you're being ripped off get quotes from local shops, they'll probably fix it for cheaper but whether or not they have the Tech 2 and know how to make it work with the chipped key is another thing.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Disposable-Hero
Haha, he's a boilermaker, that should say enough.
Love how people don't know how much cash can be made from welding... keep your fancy degree and just hope you pay that much in taxes one day.
One of my friend does weilding for a living. Yes, he makes a decent amount of money, owns a little house and three cars, but he does not pay that much back in taxes. Even with the property reductions. Also, yes I will keep my degree and work smarter, not harder. Enjoy your back and health for as long as you can buddy, I plan to retire early.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:39 PM

I must say you are one of the most stubborn member on this forum. Not like I gave a solution and referenced it about 3 times now. But you only focus on the negatives when I said it NEEDS to be fixed. If you feel like you're being ripped off get quotes from local shops, they'll probably fix it for cheaper but whether or not they have the Tech 2 and know how to make it work with the chipped key is another thing.
What part of I DO NOT HAVE TIME RIGHT NOW do you not understand buddy? I've repeated this multiple times too. Sigh....
Old 11-24-2013, 11:39 PM

One of my friend does weilding for a living. Yes, he makes a decent amount of money, owns a little house and three cars, but he does not pay that much back in taxes. Even with the property reductions. Also, yes I will keep my degree and work smarter, not harder. Enjoy your back and health for as long as you can buddy, I plan to retire early.
I plan to retire early as well, cause I won't live for long. That's not even the worst I've heard, my buddy paid $76,000 in taxes last year alone. Go Canada.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Andrewcar1993 did provide the best answer and you hated on him the most wtf?

And yeah the goverment loves to tax the middle classer. Just not the elite one's making huge coin.

AE XIONG says he working 12 hour days 4 days a week only making 26k? I don't get how this is possible...
Old 11-24-2013, 11:42 PM

If he works for walmart I could see that
Old 11-24-2013, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by tomj77
I like the dealers in my town cause u call em, they come get ur car, fix it, and bring it back to ur work. So nice.
I'm jealous....
Old 11-24-2013, 11:43 PM

I swear you can't give a compliment or be nice. He works hard and makes good money for that work, if he is fine with that why should you be an ass about it.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:44 PM

I plan to retire early as well, cause I won't live for long. That's not even the worst I've heard, my buddy paid $76,000 in taxes last year alone. Go Canada.
Dude, I just realized something. You probably pay that amount because you're minimum wage and cost of living is probably a lot more than mine. LOL It's going to be hard to make accurate comparisons.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:44 PM

I'm not even sent out as a welder I lean towards rigging/fitting and work off our mechanics list, the welders list moves even faster. But as a Boilermaker you must know every tool of the trade and be flexible. Torch, welder, gouger, and grinder are your bread and butter.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Shanedude
Andrewcar1993 did provide the best answer and you hated on him the most wtf?

And yeah the goverment loves to tax the middle classer. Just not the elite one's making huge coin.

AE XIONG says he working 12 hour days 4 days a week only making 26k? I don't get how this is possible...
Maybe because my cost of living isn't as much as your area buddy. The world does not revolve around you.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:46 PM

ae xiong the difference between Canadian and American isn't that much a diff when you put all factors together.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:47 PM

Dude, I just realized something. You probably pay that amount because you're minimum wage and cost of living is probably a lot more than mine. LOL It's going to be hard to make accurate comparisons.
Huh? What minimum wage job can you make 76 grand at, let alone pay it in taxes?
You're just trollin aren't you
Old 11-24-2013, 11:49 PM

Our International lodge is in the US. Boilermakers wages only vary by a couple of dollars Canada to US. You are wrong as ****.

Originally Posted by Shanedude
I'm not even sent out as a welder I lean towards rigging/fitting and work off our mechanics list, the welders list moves even faster. But as a Boilermaker you must know every tool of the trade and be flexible. Torch, welder, gouger, and grinder are your bread and butter.
I'm sorry but I'm an EMT with the local ambulance provider. And you are? You have a degree in? You're talking trash?

You focus on the one bad part of posts and can't get off of that. You plug that plug under the column in when you start and twist the key to start, you can still move it to start from run and then remove the plug and it dies the same as turning the key off but the key is still in the ignition.

Also doing the math if he worked that much for what he makes he'd be right about $10 an hour.

All I'm trying to say is even if you think you don't have time I know it's possible to make time and find a way to fix your car. You called in sick when you really weren't and didn't get it fixed, I've never called in sick when I haven't been. This problem really does need to be addressed especially the way you are turning it off.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:51 PM

You are going to **** your pants when you learn about double time.

You working 48 hours in 4 days making 27k a year is slave labour. Join a Union learn what your time as a human is worth.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:53 PM

Huh? What minimum wage job can you make 76 grand at, let alone pay it in taxes?
You're just trollin aren't you
I never said he was only getting paid minimum wage and had to pay that much back in taxes. Since you cleary can't read, I stated that he may possibly be paying that much because minimum wage and cost of living is different in his area. I never said he was just getting paid minimum wage and is paying that much back in taxes. Can you just GTFO? I think you are trolling because you failed grade school and never learned to read properly.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:53 PM

WTF is your problem that you have to insult his way of living, he doesn't make minimum wage, he work hard at his job and is successful. If he likes it and can make a decent living why should you be insulting him for it.

Those jobs are in demand and pay well, you are making yourself to look like an ignorant fool.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:55 PM

Our countries are so similar you need to learn this. I can't believe you're an EMT getting paid so shitty. And no co-worker can help get your gimped car to the dealer what has the world come to.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:55 PM

I never said he was only getting paid minimum wage and had to pay that much back in taxes. Since you cleary can't read, I stated that he may possibly be paying that much because minimum wage and cost of living is different in his area. I never said he was just getting paid minimum wage and is paying that much back in taxes. Can you just GTFO? I think you are trolling because you failed grade school and never learned to read properly.
****. He got me. I'm out boys, have fun.

*you're = you are
Old 11-25-2013, 12:04 AM

You focus on the one bad part of posts and can't get off of that. You plug that plug under the column in when you start and twist the key to start, you can still move it to start from run and then remove the plug and it dies the same as turning the key off but the key is still in the ignition.

Also doing the math if he worked that much for what he makes he'd be right about $10 an hour.

All I'm trying to say is even if you think you don't have time I know it's possible to make time and find a way to fix your car. You called in sick when you really weren't and didn't get it fixed, I've never called in sick when I haven't been. This problem really does need to be addressed especially the way you are turning it off.
Thanks for the tip.

Also, yes I called in sick for one day and when they told me that they were busy and wanted to charge me a ton for their time and that they can't even guarantee that they would be able to look at it that day, I simply said thanks but no thanks. I can't get around on public transportation and they weren't going to offer me anything. And yes, there is a possibility that I can make enough time to try to fix it myself but I need that time off for my homework and I also have my needs as well. I still have to eat, shower, do my laundry, try to live like a normal human being, spend time with my gf, etc. I have a ton of other things to do too but time is simply a luxury I can't afford right now. This pointless thread has already killed an hour of my sleep time. I only get six!

FYI, I only have a certain amount of sick call in's I can make. Unfortunately, I'm still new and haven't got my full benefits yet; hence the horrible hours and the poor pay. EMT's are on a probationary period for a full year where they go through a lot of evaluations. They can't simply throw you out there and expect you to save people's lives. So until I finish my one year period, I'm out of luck.

Quick Reply: Damn, not again!