08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Hahn racecraft products

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, on Saturday...where ya been?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably just buy a set up and stick with it. I'm not a fan of buying parts then later getting an "upgraded" part. You know, if you already have a CAI then you shouldn't have to get another CAI. But as far as DP I would go with Hahn as well. Me personally, I'm not a big fan of mixing exhausts. I do wish I went with a different upper charge pipe so when I upgrade turbos I could install a BOV no problem.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a full hahn setup, on this site they have a very very bad rep a few ppl have been burned by them. To the point where i almost swapped out everything thats hahn on my car. but rather that i just saved some money to the side expecting things to fall apart. At this point the amount of driving i do with my car and to my car I could say my products hav held( Intake, Exhaust, Downpipe, Ic, Charge pipe, lower pipe) and had a PPc tuner but dumped that for HPtuners,but with TurboXS, Treadstone, ZZP and performance autowerks i do believe you can find better parts for WAY BETTER PRICING.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 PM

i don't know about better parts,but pricing yes. and always remember,you get what you paid for. i have been in the lnf scene since 08 with my hhr ss and as of this year my 09 cobalt ss. NOT ONE TIME IN OWNING THESE PARTS SINCE JAN 09,HAVE MY CARS THROWN A CEL,PARTS FAILED,OR CAR RAN BAD WITH HAHN PRODUCTS. i can't say that for the "other" brands as i have never tried them.just heard when people add the same parts i have,they get cels and limp mode. a good example with this is dp's and intakes. hahn never thrown a cel.when i traded my hhr ss in for my balt,the parts went right on without a hitch.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:44 AM

^^^^ agreed becuz my car runs flawless except for minor things like my clutch but others bash them becuz of their experience w/ them. Such as intercooler, I personally dnt hav any issues with hahn at the moment. Quality is up in the air depending on maker but i kno some good companies that offer better pricing.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nfamous60
^^^^ agreed becuz my car runs flawless except for minor things like my clutch but others bash them becuz of their experience w/ them. Such as intercooler, I personally dnt hav any issues with hahn at the moment. Quality is up in the air depending on maker but i kno some good companies that offer better pricing.
So let me ask you this, is the Hahn products worth the price? Or should I just save some money and use zzp or something?
Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Maccoy316
Probably just buy a set up and stick with it. I'm not a fan of buying parts then later getting an "upgraded" part. You know, if you already have a CAI then you shouldn't have to get another CAI. But as far as DP I would go with Hahn as well. Me personally, I'm not a big fan of mixing exhausts. I do wish I went with a different upper charge pipe so when I upgrade turbos I could install a BOV no problem.
I still have stock airbox, only injen charge pipe. What i want is just matching parts my OCD won't let me mix parts lol
Old 05-14-2012, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Igofast
So let me ask you this, is the Hahn products worth the price? Or should I just save some money and use zzp or something?
I would say it depends on what you buy, I would def get the exhaust and dp, mines is quiet when im normal driving but howls when im on it, not sure of the sound you want. their intake i think boast the highest gained HP from their site i seen 25-30hp above 5k rpm, but they dont show any torque gains, to me AEM makes a really gud piece, and IC you would just have to compare i kno TurboXs, ZZP and hahn makes the biggest ones for our cars without having to cut anything.

I am a firm believer of you get what you pay for but i have been burned by that statement a few times.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nfamous60
I would say it depends on what you buy, I would def get the exhaust and dp, mines is quiet when im normal driving but howls when im on it, not sure of the sound you want. their intake i think boast the highest gained HP from their site i seen 25-30hp above 5k rpm, but they dont show any torque gains, to me AEM makes a really gud piece, and IC you would just have to compare i kno TurboXs, ZZP and hahn makes the biggest ones for our cars without having to cut anything.

I am a firm believer of you get what you pay for but i have been burned by that statement a few times.
Yeah I go by get what you paid for also But yeah I have the Hahn 3" But I don't know if I have the DP can you see is from the hood or do have to get under it?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:00 PM

get under the car/ i hav the catted DP
Old 05-15-2012, 12:05 PM

MPX exhaust in my opinion sounds the best. Louder than hahn but has more of a rumble and gurgle. Is also 200 hundred cheaper if you go turbo back. Some people on here have had fitment issues like me but was a 4min fix and I've heard of fitment issues with the hahn as well. I also know the company that designed the exhaust for modern and they use all vibrant stuff which is a very good company for exhaust components.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Balt_and_Vette
MPX exhaust in my opinion sounds the best. Louder than hahn but has more of a rumble and gurgle. Is also 200 hundred cheaper if you go turbo back. Some people on here have had fitment issues like me but was a 4min fix and I've heard of fitment issues with the hahn as well. I also know the company that designed the exhaust for modern and they use all vibrant stuff which is a very good company for exhaust components.
Well I love my Hahn exhaust but I do want it to be louder and more beastly sounding I might look into that thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 09:23 PM

i got my exhuast for 125$ so i couldnt pass it up! if your looking for a little more throaty sound to the hahn. take it to an exhaust shop and have them cut the hahn muffler out and put a high flow in. thats what i did. sounds perfect.

the only problem i have and my buddy who had this hahn exhaust before he sold it to me,is that over the rear dead axel i hear it hitting the rear dead axel on some bumps. drives me nuts
Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 PM

I'm about as full Hahn as I can be (see sig),minus the catback, which adds no performance anyway, but that goes for any catback.

I love my stuff.

If you buy Hahn, buy all at once, get a quote before you buy, and haggle on price. Everyone goes on about Hahn pricing...if you're paying retail, you deserve to be separated from your money.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by brainchasm
I'm about as full Hahn as I can be (see sig),minus the catback, which adds no performance anyway, but that goes for any catback.

I love my stuff.

If you buy Hahn, buy all at once, get a quote before you buy, and haggle on price. Everyone goes on about Hahn pricing...if you're paying retail, you deserve to be separated from your money.
Badass I'd really like to have a full Hahn set up and eventually upgrading tithe Hahn 20g turbo. How much did you end up paying for your set up?
Old 05-19-2012, 12:07 PM

I have Hahn CAI, DP And Catback w/ muffler delete and it is by far the best exhaust I have personally heard.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by mmack104
I have Hahn CAI, DP And Catback w/ muffler delete and it is by far the best exhaust I have personally heard.
I've been told to put high flow mufflers in place of the hahn and that'll help the sound flow and stay legal
Old 05-20-2012, 03:52 PM

this next post is my OPINION and feel free to do what you want. i have the full hahn exhaust. been running it for four years now. THERE IS NO ISSUE WITH THE WAY IT FITS. the only problem is on lowered cars it vibrates/rattles over the rear axle. they remade the exhaust recently to fix this.

also i see alot of the younger owners hacking up exhaust and or no muffler on these cars and to be honest,sounds like ASS!! it sounds like a sick neon and i don't mean sick in a good way. when you go wot with the hahn it's deep and not raspy or sound like a damn ninja 250. however,to each his own.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse1975
this next post is my OPINION and feel free to do what you want. i have the full hahn exhaust. been running it for four years now. THERE IS NO ISSUE WITH THE WAY IT FITS. the only problem is on lowered cars it vibrates/rattles over the rear axle. they remade the exhaust recently to fix this.

also i see alot of the younger owners hacking up exhaust and or no muffler on these cars and to be honest,sounds like ASS!! it sounds like a sick neon and i don't mean sick in a good way. when you go wot with the hahn it's deep and not raspy or sound like a damn ninja 250. however,to each his own.
i love my hahn catback with a highflow muffler. sounds awesome at WOT
Old 05-21-2012, 02:51 AM

my i have a full hahn exhaust and it sounds amazing/ well had full hahn swapped out the downpipe for a catless downpipe and man my exhauts is really alive deep and nice rumble intoxicating at wot, so my catted hahn downpipe is for sale ill post pix of that and other stuff when i get the chance the thread i made i didnt do it right and it got locked..
Old 05-21-2012, 04:14 AM

Oh also, the new modular cat-back setup from Hahn is sex.

Get resonator and muffler, sounds great.

Wanna get louder? Swap out muffler for straight pipe, keep resonator, sounds great.

Even louder and no restriction for track purposes? Swap out resonator for straight pipe, swap out muffler for straight pipe, be a loud angry track god.

Or something. Either way, if I buy any cat-back, it'll be the Hahn modular setup.