Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/)
-   -   How to disable TPMS? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/how-disable-tpms-152485/)

GTPprix 03-24-2011 10:09 PM

Sorry about the Necro thread resurrection I just figured I'd update everyone, I've been doing TPMS deletes and other feature adds/deletes (DRL's etc) to two other vehicles with the same BCM family so I can do it to the Cobalt/G5 now as well so it's possible now :)

Zander916 03-25-2011 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by GTPprix (Post 5657969)
Sorry about the Necro thread resurrection I just figured I'd update everyone, I've been doing TPMS deletes and other feature adds/deletes (DRL's etc) to two other vehicles with the same BCM family so I can do it to the Cobalt/G5 now as well so it's possible now :)

Awesome!

I still go back and forth on whether I'd like to disable mine. I like it, but one sensor can't decide if it wants to work or not so it constantly goes away and then flashes back up with "check tire pressure". VERY VERY irritating.

Sweetsandman 03-25-2011 05:40 AM

How can I haz?

GTPprix 03-25-2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsandman (Post 5658681)
How can I haz?

I currently don't offer it yet, if there was enough demand I'd offer it :)

PrincessTurbo 03-25-2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by GTPprix (Post 3375682)
Its a seperate module, typically made by continental on most GM vehicles unfortunately the BCM will still be looking for it and for it to be passing data so removing it isnt an easy fix. I've done some custom BCM programs to ignore them before but never on a cobalt :\

Holy crap he lives!

Sweetsandman 03-26-2011 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by GTPprix (Post 5659704)
I currently don't offer it yet, if there was enough demand I'd offer it :)

What if I just demand it a lot? :lol:

GTPprix 03-27-2011 03:43 PM

LOL!!! Maybe :D

BlackLsCoupe 03-27-2011 03:46 PM

idk if this helps but while tuneing my car i got the DRL's to not be on by turning off autolights

outtamymind 03-27-2011 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by GTPprix (Post 3375682)
Its a seperate module, typically made by continental on most GM vehicles unfortunately the BCM will still be looking for it and for it to be passing data so removing it isnt an easy fix. I've done some custom BCM programs to ignore them before but never on a cobalt :\

the tpms module is part of the RCDLR module (which stands for remote control door lock receiver for those who don't know) and agreed its not an easy bypass

how did you manage to bypass the RCDLR?

GTPprix 03-27-2011 10:03 PM

I didn't bypass the rcdlr it still works as designed I did some custom BCM programming and this was one of the features requested :)

mongorat427 03-28-2011 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by cereal83 (Post 3378400)
Well I don't like it and I am not paying $200 for sensors for 3 sets of rims and a feature of the car I don't want to use. Its pointless.

I bought new ones on ebay $75 a set and they work.

outtamymind 03-28-2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by GTPprix (Post 5664596)
I didn't bypass the rcdlr it still works as designed I did some custom BCM programming and this was one of the features requested :)

nice

GTPprix 04-01-2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by outtamymind (Post 5665335)
nice

Sweetsandman 04-01-2011 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by mongorat427 (Post 5665245)
I bought new ones on ebay $75 a set and they work.

Now imagine if you didn't have to do that.

That's almost 2 tanks of gas :cool:

jpower102 04-01-2011 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by billwit (Post 3381023)
Couldn't you just have all 4 sensors installed in your spare tire? Your car wouldn't know the difference.

The pressure is much higher in the spare

rukkee 04-02-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by jpower102 (Post 5677565)
The pressure is much higher in the spare

So let some air out lol

GTPprix 04-03-2011 01:49 PM

Not sure how well that would work, the sensors wont wake up without rotation and wont charge without it either... would be interesting though LOL

Mark Aubele 04-04-2011 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by GTPprix (Post 5680679)
...the sensors wont wake up without rotation and wont charge without it either... would be interesting though LOL

Not too sure if that is true...

I was able to successfully get rid of the TPMS issue with an intensely ghetto (but functional) fix. I went to the local Hardware store, and bought a short length of PVC pipe. Then bought end caps to fit both ends. Also, a tire valve. I glued one cap to one side of the pipe, threw rags in there, placed all four sensors in the pipe, covered them with rags, then glued the other side on. I also installed the tire valve in the length of pipe. Let the assembly sit overnight. Next day, filled it to 60 psi. Works perfectly, as long as it is inside the car. In the trunk, it only reads the sensors sporadically, but as long as it is inside the car, it works. I do shake the container very now and then, maybe that is the movement it needs to work.

FWIW, I like the TPMS system, but I wanted race wheels and tires, and I wasn't buying new sensors. This "fix" cost me $15.

GTPprix 04-05-2011 11:04 AM

It may not be rotation perse I guess but I had heard that was the case. It may be as simple as movement though, so simply driving and hitting a bump may be enough.

VinceTrifecta 04-07-2011 01:46 PM

After spending last evening on this, we figured out how to turn off TPMS monitoring in the BCM via the diagnostic port. We'll be adding this feature to EZ Flash over the next few weeks and make this available to our customers.

Mark Aubele 04-07-2011 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by VinceTrifecta (Post 5691495)
After spending last evening on this, we figured out how to turn off TPMS monitoring in the BCM via the diagnostic port. We'll be adding this feature to EZ Flash over the next few weeks and make this available to our customers.

Awesome.

rukkee 04-08-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by VinceTrifecta (Post 5691495)

Thanks Vince! My TPMS has been a pain in the ass since it was new ......it goes out almost every time I drive more than 20 miles lol. It will be great to have it disabled. THX again.

jarhead 04-08-2011 11:45 AM

Awesome Vince, No more having to change the tpms for winter /summer rims or my drag radials making the light come on. The tire place was charging 7 dollars for the tpms rebuild kit per valve stem every time they changed the valve stems from one rim to another it wrecks them,Then it needed a special hardware kit with new locking nuts. Not to mention the damn things were always off not accurate to actual psi!!! The only crappy thing is I gave away my regular new valve stems got with my rims lol.

VinceTrifecta 04-08-2011 12:21 PM

If someone out there has a Cobalt SS with the TPMS light on and also has our EZ Flash cable, could you send me email if you're willing to help test it?

Sweetsandman 04-08-2011 12:36 PM

Vince = The Bomb.com