08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

SS/TC WHEELS!!! and Stealerships!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canada SS/TC WHEELS!!! and Stealerships!!!

I've had my car in for servicing two times now at the stealership and needless to say, I was not impressed with the job that was done. Last week was the Balt's first oil change. So I was hearing a banging and clanging sound coming from the rear end and I had them check that out too. Sure enough the TPMS magnet had sheered off inside the wheel and it was knocking around between the rim and tire. So the service representative told me that they would have to unmount the rim from the tire to replace the magnet. So I told the rep that I had all four rims scratched when I had the original stock tires changed to all season tires and that they had to replace all 4 rims and I didn't want a repeat of that scenario again. So he says we will get a different mechanic to do it this time. Ok buddy this should be interesting.

So I get the car back from the oil change and the magnet replacing and sure enough the wheel is scratched and there's a little scuff on the front lip of the car. Man was I pissed right off! So I go in to talk to the rep and I tell him that the wheel is scratched and that he come and take a look. So he comes outside and he says yeah it's scratched we will replace it. FINE!!! So he books me an appointment for this past week on the Monday. I take the car in on Monday and I leave it there not a big fan of leaving my car at the dealership, but I had to work. So he calls me in the afternoon telling me the part isn't in yet. I tell him that the car is to be in the shop then if it's staying overnight and he tells me it will be in the shop no problem. So I figure I'm going to go down there in the evening to check and see if my car is in the shop. I roll into the parking lot and sure enough it's sitting outside. Furious now and of course it's 9:00pm and service shuts down at 6:00pm. So I happened to catch a couple of sales reps standing around in the showroom and ask them if I can get the keys to move the car inside. So they get the keys and the one guy says I'll pop the door open for you and you can back it in. So I did that and she was safe inside the shop for that night.

Tuesday rolls around and I call this service rep back and ream him out for the car sitting outside and he says the wheel is still not in and it should be in Wednesday. Well I didn't have time to run down there to pick the car up so I told him I want the car in overnight and he says he will personally back it in and I say ok. So I get some spare time in the evening and roll down to the dealership again to see if my car is in the shop. AGAIN! the car is sitting outside the shop and this time they have it parked in a spot with sloping concrete against a wall with the front lip almost touching the concrete. Now I'm furious and am wondering if the front lip is scratched now too. So I said to myself enough is enough. I call my dad and tell him what had happened so he says I'll bring the spare set of keys and you can drive it home. So I did that.

So I call this service rep in the morning asking him if he was missing any cars off the lot and he says yeah I didn't see yours this morning. Go figure moron! I tell him yeah it's sitting in my garage. Oh he says the mechanic didn't back it into the garage. I tell him it's not the mechanics fault it's yours. I tell him yeah you told me you were PERSONALLY going to back it in for me. Pfft yeah I wasn't a happy camper when I rolled up into the lot and saw my car out again and I said for your sake you're lucky whoever parked it up against that wall didn't scratch the front lip otherwise you would have an even bigger problem. So then he says well I wonder if one of the mechanics comes and drives the car back over to the stealership and replaces the wheel and drives it back for you for the inconvenience. Yeah buddy I want some young punk driving my car back to the dealership e-braking it around corners and bagging the crap out of it that's exactly what I want. Screw that you call me when the wheel is there and I'll drive the car down. So he says ok no problem. So he tells me the wheel should be in this morning and he'll call me as soon as it's in. So 1:00pm rolls around still no call. So I call him and ask him yeah you said the wheel was supposed to be in this morning and he says yeah it is. It was in around 11:00 thanks for calling me you putz. So I drive the car down and this time I said I'm watching them put the wheel on and I show him the scuff on the front lip. So he says yeah we can take care of that scuff for you. You're not taking care of anything buddy. I'll get it out myself. So I watch the tech put it on and she did a really good job and was really careful. Then it comes time to put the spare tire back in the trunk. Well it took three people to figure out how to put the spare back in the trunk the proper way. I finally said get out of the way, I will put it in myself!

So it's all done I'm ready to go and I go back to see the service rep and tell him yeah you guys can order me a new spare while you're at it. He says why? Why? I had you clowns use my spare meanwhile it's not my fault that you put the scratch in the rim to begin with and now my spare tire has been used. So he says well we can't do that then I ask to speak to the higher ups. So they said yeah right away because they knew I was furious from the work that was done on the car. I got home and got the scuff out with wax lucky for them. So moral of the story is I don't think any of these stealerships know how to mount and balance tires properly and they had to send it out to an actual wheel shop for them to mount and balance the rim and tire. Also, the stealerships don't care about you or your car. After they've got their money they could care less. Hints why I do all my own work on my cars, but in this case I'm screwed because of warranty.

Last edited by rsvk2084; 06-20-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:31 PM

It sounds like you need a chill pill.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:35 PM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Why would you leave your car there if the only problem is a scratched wheel that they obviously have to order?
Old 06-20-2009, 12:35 PM

sentences and paragraphs please
Old 06-20-2009, 01:12 PM

yea thats what i fear when i take any new car for oil changes and rotation of tires. When i had my altima i needed a oil change and tires rotated and it had been snowing and the salt from the roads were on my car and it was pretty dirty. So when i took my car there i said oil change and tire rotation thats it. Well when i go pick it back up they said hey we even washed ur car for u since it was so dirty and i said i hope u didnt with all that salt on there and then i take it out to the sun and low and behold lots of scratches and swirl marks from when they wash my car. So the rep decided to give me a free detail job and got the marks and swirls and stuff out. Why can dealerships just man up and say the messed up or take the blame or listen to the costomer.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Premium Member

Yeah anyone who drives your exotic Cobalt is gunna beat the **** out of it and ebrake it around every corner . You make it out to be a ZR1 or something , relax .
Old 06-20-2009, 02:12 PM

i gave up after i saw the 400 line paragraph
Old 06-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
i gave up after i saw the 400 line paragraph
Wish i would have .... Cliffnotes ..... Little napoleon got pissed cause they left his car outside after he demanded it be put inside....twice. Not that it's right .....but from the amount of times he went ballistic on the dealership.....it's not surprising .
Old 06-20-2009, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by rukkee
Wish i would have .... Cliffnotes ..... Little napoleon got pissed cause they left his car outside after he demanded it be put inside....twice. Not that it's right .....but from the amount of times he went ballistic on the dealership.....it's not surprising .
aahahaha

I hated customers like this when I used to work as a mechanic. Unbelievable. I mean, I love my car and baby it, but really....like said above its no ZR1. If I was that rep I would have told you to go screw. Ever think they have more going on in one day than replacing a scuffed wheel, its not like it was a safety issue and your car wasnt drivable until it was fixed. And how can you get mad if the wheel doesnt show up on time? How is that their fault?
Old 06-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Banned

Damn, I read the first 10 lines or so and gave up...
Old 06-20-2009, 04:09 PM

I'm a little surprised you actually got new rims-local dealer scratched mine, never fessed up but agreed to have it refinished(looks fine after 2 tries). Service mgr told me they had to lobby the owner for proper equipment to work with larger/low profile tires-not surprising these days. When I picked it up pressure sensors were reading wrong wheels; not a big deal but still a lack of attention to detail.

I realize techs have a lot of cars/issues to deal with every day and even the most conscientious probably won't baby your ride like you. And while I don't agree with the ranting and fears of a joyride you DO have a right to expect professional work in a timely manner whether it's a ZR-1,Cobalt or Geo Metro.

My best advice @ the dealer is to not act like a dick and assume the worst; just be polite(initially) and let the SERVICE MANAGER know what you need done and any concerns you might have.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:07 PM

I realize this post was me ranting about the stealership and their work. The only thing I ask is that my car be returned the same way as when I drove it in and when you're telling me it's going to be inside the shop that it be INSIDE THE SHOP. Pretty simple, I think. I realize it's not a vette and is still a Cobalt at the end of the day but come on have respect for other people's cars. This stealership has had all kinds of bad rep for the work coming out of there so it's not just me. I wasn't a dick either, I was very diplomatic in my rebuttal.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

yeah the situation sucks but i do agree that you could have driven the car until the wheel came in. i also understand that if they say they will put it inside it should be inside. this is off topic but i think this situation is a little more to be pist off about.

im getting a custom exhaust done at a perfomance shop in my area. well they said drop the car off its going to be about a week because they want to start making stuff for the cobalt community. therefor meaning they need to take measurements wait for a resonator and muffler(stainless) flanges and all that fun stuff then make a jig so they can do multiple exhausts. a week goes buy i call to see how its going and they never even touched it. i needed it to go to florida so i picked it up. i booked a day for when i came back. i drop the car off i call the guy he says they finished up measurements they are just waiting for parts. well he calls me last night and tells me its going to be another week. at this point im beyond pist off. ive been without a car for a week at a time and getting rides and nothings even been done. moral of the story is i told the guy im unhappy in a polite manner and he apologized and says hes going to take care of me and get it done. if in the event it doesnt then ill just be like well i mean obviously my business wasent worth your time nor money and obviously you dont want to make money with future products and go to another local perfomance shop that said they would start on it right away after i told them about this issue.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by rsvk2084
I realize this post was me ranting about the stealership and their work. The only thing I ask is that my car be returned the same way as when I drove it in and when you're telling me it's going to be inside the shop that it be INSIDE THE SHOP. Pretty simple, I think. I realize it's not a vette and is still a Cobalt at the end of the day but come on have respect for other people's cars. This stealership has had all kinds of bad rep for the work coming out of there so it's not just me. I wasn't a dick either, I was very diplomatic in my rebuttal.
I should clarify: My "advice" was for anyone in general-didn't mean to imply you acted like a dick;I obviously wasn't there. I sympathize-I mean if the Dealerships don't inspire confidence, who's going to?

I sympathize in some respects with the techs as well but a customer shouldn't have to "walk on eggshells" to get their best effort-if anyone has a better way to approach the service dept I'm all ears.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Banned

Sounds like they sent that wheel off for repair...
Old 06-20-2009, 06:03 PM

I would have driven the car if I could have picked it up before the service dept. closed. Much better than it sitting there. I wasn't even mad at the fact the wheel was going to show up a couple of days after the fact. All I asked was that the car be parked inside due to people winging their doors open and getting door dings or the car even being tampered with. They have security cars that drive around the lot, but that security car has to drive around ALL the lots. So for that split second they're gone something might have happened.

The wheel definitely wasn't sent off for repair because they send all their repairs to Winnipeg Wheel Works. I called them and they didn't have my wheel there. I had called the parts department for the stealership and they confirmed that one had been ordered.

Last edited by rsvk2084; 06-20-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-20-2009, 06:20 PM

[QUOTE=rsvk2084;4024474]....
people winging their doors open and getting door dings
Yah I hate that! I was out to get an ice cream with my girlfriend. While we were in line I watched an old guy park next to me....he swung his wifes door open for her and wham! right into my drivers door. What the hell could I do? He was in his 80s.....I couldnt bitch him out or make him pay . So I just had to suck it up....now I have a nice quarter size dent with a scuff in the center of my door.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:37 PM

Yeah the last time I had it in for servicing one of the techs almost side swiped the whole car while he was backing up another car beside mine. The reason he didn't hit it was because I was standing there trying to get into my car. lol What a clown! He gets out of the car and pretends like nothing happened and I said hey buddy drive much? lol Yeah when I park my car I park the car in the back of any parking lot usually taking up two spots if the lot isn't full.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:10 PM

Which dealership??