2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

3 bar MAPs p0236

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 04:34 PM

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts
3 bar MAPs p0236

Just installed my 3 bar plug and play setup from Werks. Figured it would be fool proof and unfortunately, I popped a p0236

I'm assuming it's the lower TMap but can't figure out why? It's solid, not leaking etc. Only thing I can think of is the supplied wiring harness has issues? I made sure to take care of the bump area on the lower CP so that it would seat properly?

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit - the fans come on/stay on too. It's got me scratching my head lol
Old 05-07-2017, 05:39 PM

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
So, I know this is a dumb question, but you're tuned for the sensors, correct?

If you are, I'd say go over everything again and just verify the plugs seated correctly, the sensors seated correctly, etc. Could be something simple like maybe one of the harness plugs isn't seated all the way and throwing the numbers off.

As to the fan being on all the time, did that start right after the install or after the code?
Old 05-07-2017, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tdubbs
So, I know this is a dumb question, but you're tuned for the sensors, correct?

If you are, I'd say go over everything again and just verify the plugs seated correctly, the sensors seated correctly, etc. Could be something simple like maybe one of the harness plugs isn't seated all the way and throwing the numbers off.

As to the fan being on all the time, did that start right after the install or after the code?
Yeah, I made sure to change all of the map data. I'm going to reinstall the bottom side and see what happens.

Fans turn on when the code pops as pending/immature
Old 05-07-2017, 07:11 PM

The fan thing may just be a protection, but I'm not positive on that(never had it happen to me so haven't looked into it before).

I'd also check the upper sensor as well, just to make sure it's sitting about as flat as you can get it. Hopefully it's that simple and just messing with it all fixes it and gets you back on the road.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tdubbs
The fan thing may just be a protection, but I'm not positive on that(never had it happen to me so haven't looked into it before).

I'd also check the upper sensor as well, just to make sure it's sitting about as flat as you can get it. Hopefully it's that simple and just messing with it all fixes it and gets you back on the road.

No dice. I have a feeling it's the lower wiring harness. The connector that was supplied doesn't mate to the factory male well at all
Old 05-07-2017, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by T-Man
No dice. I have a feeling it's the lower wiring harness. The connector that was supplied doesn't mate to the factory male well at all
Yeah, it very well could be from it not fitting well enough. I can't say anything about the PWerks harness, as I got my GMS1 kit from Tom at CED. But I can say even with my kit I really had to push to get my connector to "click" into place.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:23 PM

Appreciate you chiming in man. Put the stockers back in and she's screaming again.

Going to contact PWerks and go from there.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by T-Man
Appreciate you chiming in man. Put the stockers back in and she's screaming again.

Going to contact PWerks and go from there.
No problem. Dave's a good guy, hopefully he helps you out.

Speaking of Dave, I'll be seeing him in 2 weeks, finally get to see what this Z54 turbo of mine tuned does.

Last edited by Tdubbs; 05-07-2017 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Forgot words, because dyslexia
Old 08-25-2017, 09:16 PM

Yep, it's official. The WERKs supplied harness is crap.

Tried again thinking I did something wrong the first few times and it didn't matter. I can verify the connectors are fully mated too. Very possible one of the contacts inside the connector itself is broken. Either way this sucks
Old 09-22-2017, 03:19 PM

Picked up some new pigtails from Tom @ CED and what do you know? ZERO issues. This is what I should have done from the very beginning!