2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Dealer/GMS1/Warranty bull$!@%!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer/GMS1/Warranty bull$!@%!

So, if you were reading my old posts, I was getting alot of rough idle, the system was going into limp mode and not allowing past 5psi, generating code P0236 - turbocharger problem. This problem was back and forth, somedays the car was great, others, didn't run well.

Well, I went to my dealer with the GMS1 pack months ago, got them to install it. Talked to their service manager, and talked about modifications to the car that i'm allowed to do without voiding my warranty. He told me I could do anything as long as I didn't modify the ECU. I told him I was going to put a downpipe on it, as well as an intake.

Well, when I take my car into the dealer with this P0236 problem, they tell me I have voided my warranty by putting on a downpipe on the car, after they told me I could do it. They told me that the downpipe was messing up my car (which is nonsense), and I told them to prove it otherwise, showing them a GM engineer complaining about the selonoid going bad in the cars. Anyway the manager and I had an argument, I was like you sell this tune which allows people to put on bolt-ons and keep their warranty as long as they have this tune. And we argued back and forth and told him I should have just gone aftermarket right away, that this was crap.

My impressions are that even with GMS1, the dealers are going to do anything to get out of fixing the car. I shouldn't have wasted what 700 dollars for this warrantied tune. Nonsense.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:19 PM

As with anything of this nature, always get everything in writing. If you had written proof showing that the service manager promised this, then you would have a bargaining chip.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:20 PM

I gotten these codes as result P0101 MAF, P0106 AP SENSOR PERF, and P2178 Fuel Trims. With Hahn Intake, Injen CP, and ZZP Catless DP. The only thing I did is retighten my Injen CP and reseted the battery to clear the fuel trims.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:23 PM

Honestly, I think it was the stupid intake that was screwing up the trims.

I bought the tune, then next month I bought the ZZP catless. I drove on the catless for 3 months with no problems. I check engine light here and there, but they would clear themselves.

I buy the intake, and boom. Within 2 weeks I have rough idle, car goes into limp mode, and the works.

The car has been good the past 3 days. I re-did the intake, and made sure I tightened everything real tight.

So far the car has been great.

I was just pissed with the GMS1 bullshit. I should have sent them the link with the GM engineers claiming the learn down is removed, warrantied tune, responds to bolt-ons!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
i dont understand why the dealer makes such a big deal about fixing cars under warrenty, they get paid by gm to do it, whats their problem? my dealer has never given me problems.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:32 PM

P0101 is related to the Hahn Intake, P0106 is related to the ZZP Catless DP, and P2178 is realated to car running rich as a result. Yeah, surprised my warranty hasn't been voided yet. I don't have the intake on anymore or KN Drop in filter, I thought the would clear the result, but never did, so car went into LIMP mode. I'm giving this car 2 more days in its time, if it doesn't clear up, I'm just gonna either get my tune to fix the A/F and keep the Hahn or I'm getting rid of my aftermarket mods.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by raver0789
Honestly, I think it was the stupid intake that was screwing up the trims.

I bought the tune, then next month I bought the ZZP catless. I drove on the catless for 3 months with no problems. I check engine light here and there, but they would clear themselves.

I buy the intake, and boom. Within 2 weeks I have rough idle, car goes into limp mode, and the works.

The car has been good the past 3 days. I re-did the intake, and made sure I tightened everything real tight.

So far the car has been great.

I was just pissed with the GMS1 bullshit. I should have sent them the link with the GM engineers claiming the learn down is removed, warrantied tune, responds to bolt-ons!
If it was your intake being loose then why are you bitching about the GMS1? Did you think the tune was good enough to compensate for lose parts?
Old 06-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
i got hahn intake and zzp catless dp and my car works fine on stock or tune. i get some misfire at idle sometimes, but thats it, nothing that throws a code though. just dashdaq misfire.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:42 PM

well I thought I could pin point the problem related to my issue. I was fine until I slapped the dp on, then my problems were arising, and it goes back to why you need a tune for everything to make the car run right. so your claiming you are running with Hahn's intake, dp, and charge pipe, and not running into issues with GMS1? I figured the P106 is related to the air loads because I read this http://www.obd-codes.com/p0106. So best thing I could do is take the catless dp off, and wait till I get a tune so my **** is running right to avoid additional headaches.

Last edited by efactor; 06-30-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:56 PM

I run with a couple of mods on GMS1 and I have not had any issues at all. Been running for thousands of miles.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I got tune and thats it .. Not letting gm try to screw me out of a warranty claim.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by efactor
well I thought I could pin point the problem related to my issue. I was fine until I slapped the dp on, then my problems were arising, and it goes back to why you need a tune for everything to make the car run right. so your claiming you are running with Hahn's intake, dp, and charge pipe, and not running into issues with GMS1? I figured the P106 is related to the air loads because I read this http://www.obd-codes.com/p0106. So best thing I could do is take the catless dp off, and wait till I get a tune so my **** is running right to avoid additional headaches.
off subject let me know if u wanna sell that intake your pm box is full
Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 AM

My gm stage 1 has given me alot of problems.... I have a full
3" turbo back and hotside pipes. I had all of this on before I got the stage kit on and it worked wicked, it was on since I got the stage kit that I've been having a **** ton of issues.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by raver0789
So, if you were reading my old posts, I was getting alot of rough idle, the system was going into limp mode and not allowing past 5psi, generating code P0236 - turbocharger problem. This problem was back and forth, somedays the car was great, others, didn't run well.

Well, I went to my dealer with the GMS1 pack months ago, got them to install it. Talked to their service manager, and talked about modifications to the car that i'm allowed to do without voiding my warranty. He told me I could do anything as long as I didn't modify the ECU. I told him I was going to put a downpipe on it, as well as an intake.

Well, when I take my car into the dealer with this P0236 problem, they tell me I have voided my warranty by putting on a downpipe on the car, after they told me I could do it. They told me that the downpipe was messing up my car (which is nonsense), and I told them to prove it otherwise, showing them a GM engineer complaining about the selonoid going bad in the cars. Anyway the manager and I had an argument, I was like you sell this tune which allows people to put on bolt-ons and keep their warranty as long as they have this tune. And we argued back and forth and told him I should have just gone aftermarket right away, that this was crap.

My impressions are that even with GMS1, the dealers are going to do anything to get out of fixing the car. I shouldn't have wasted what 700 dollars for this warrantied tune. Nonsense.
Put the stock DP back on the car and prove to them it is not the DP.