2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Drewbroo's Tune review Part II - Superchips, HP, TF (With Dyno comparrison sheets)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vahdyx
Soooo.... did I waste money on this HPT seeing how Trifecta performs just as good as BYT?
No byt will get you more power as been stated before this was before all the new tables were there unlocked. Trifecta is just good for people who want a simple tune and can't get a hptune.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by JBThrasher22
No byt will get you more power as been stated before this was before all the new tables were there unlocked. Trifecta is just good for people who want a simple tune and can't get a hptune.
Its all subjective. They both make the same amount of power, just the power is delivered differently through the powerband.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Premium Member

and this was well after the new tables were unlocked.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by drewbroo
and this was well after the new tables were unlocked.
So you're saying "Yes, yes I did" lol

But to be honest the few tuners I've spoke with are cool so I don't feel like it's a waste. I have options which I didn't before. So that's cool.

Once tuned by a HPT guy I'll be able to compare.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:57 PM

But to be honest the few tuners I've spoke with are cool so I don't feel like it's a waste. I have options which I didn't before. So that's cool.

Drew's already done that
Old 09-05-2011, 04:06 PM

Its all subjective. They both make the same amount of power, just the power is delivered differently through the powerband.
Negitive, a HPTuner CAN get more power than vince with a super aggressive tune because Vince WILL NOT give you as aggressive as a tune as you might want. I never said it was safe I just said that it was possible. I have a pretty aggressive tune through Vince I make great power with the limited amount of mods I have had and have broke 12.7 @ 113 on street tires. I'm not taking anything away from Vince.

I run a Trifecta tune, I have a trifecta dealer kit, I take up for Vince all the time but I will admit that you will make more power with a HPTuner if they go super aggressive. Is it safe maybe maybe not it is all in who and what they want.

Not trying to take anything away from what you did drew I was just pointing out some things. Although I do get extremely tired of the HPTune vs Trifecta debate just look at some of my previous posts.

But I will tell someone straight up about the subject if they ask I'm not going to lie about it.

Last edited by JBThrasher22; 09-05-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:06 PM

Negitive, a HPTuner CAN get more power than vince with a super aggressive tune because Vince WILL NOT give you as aggressive as a tune as you might want. I never said it was safe I just said that it was possible. I have a pretty aggressive tune through Vince I make great power with the limited amount of mods I have had and have broke 12.7 @ 113 on street tires. I'm not taking anything away from Vince.

I run a Trifecta tune, I have a trifecta dealer kit, I take up for Vince all the time but I will admit that you will make more power with a HPTuner if they go super aggressive. Is it safe maybe maybe not it is all in who and what they want.

Not trying to take anything away from what you did drew I was just pointing out some things. Although I do get extremely tired of the HPTune vs Trifecta debate just look at some of my previous posts.

But I will tell someone straight up about the subject if they ask I'm not going to lie about it.
With that logic if an HPTuner tunes a safe and reliable conservative tune vs Trifecta, what happens? Are they the same? Part of me feels like they will be, but what I'm getting from this debate is that HPTuners don't like how vince does somethings in his tune and would do it differently. Like Vince doesn't do his fuel right. I'm not speaking against anyone, I just recently got a HPT so I'm trying it out so I can see what works best for me.

Anyway Vinces tune is fine for me, but I only run the 1/4 mile in 14.005 103 or something like that on his tune and local guys with GMS1 run like 14.1 sooo... either my driving is terrible or my tune isn't right. Other guys here with HPT they run 13.6-13.8 so not taking any responsibility for my driving I can only blame tune.

Granted I suck at launches, but I am the only local guy I know with Trifecta...
Old 09-05-2011, 07:15 PM

With that logic if an HPTuner tunes a safe and reliable conservative tune vs Trifecta, what happens? Are they the same? Part of me feels like they will be, but what I'm getting from this debate is that HPTuners don't like how vince does somethings in his tune and would do it differently. Like Vince doesn't do his fuel right. I'm not speaking against anyone, I just recently got a HPT so I'm trying it out so I can see what works best for me.

Anyway Vinces tune is fine for me, but I only run the 1/4 mile in 14.005 103 or something like that on his tune and local guys with GMS1 run like 14.1 sooo... either my driving is terrible or my tune isn't right. Other guys here with HPT they run 13.6-13.8 so not taking any responsibility for my driving I can only blame tune.

Granted I suck at launches, but I am the only local guy I know with Trifecta...
Isn't your trap around like 106-108mph?
Old 09-05-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sonicyeller
Isn't your trap around like 106-108mph?
I did get a trap of 107 once, but during that run I got 14.1 some how lol. So my launch sucked bad.

I on average get about 102-103 and my best time was 14.005 or something like that at 102-103
Old 09-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Premium Member

You talk like I have not done the research. Read the whole ******* thread. If you want to go aggressive with vince, just ask. Thats why my times are so close. He will even dial in your tq management however you request. Also my AFR's with Vinces aggressive time and BYT's were identical on E85.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:44 PM

I did get a trap of 107 once, but during that run I got 14.1 some how lol. So my launch sucked bad.

I on average get about 102-103 and my best time was 14.005 or something like that at 102-103
Hmmm, 102-103 seems low for a tuned car. I mean, GMS1 will get most guys there at Bandimere. I'm really curious to see what you trap on the new tune because it will most definitely effect my decision on who tunes my car after I do meth injection.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Premium Member

Work with vince some more to get further dialed in. Be specific in what you want, it helps that I also know how to tune, because I would request specific things. (Like ramping the fuel pressure, feathering the 1st gear tq management, and ramping the boost to there is no giant spike, and it will hold 24 psi all day.)
Old 09-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Sonicyeller
Hmmm, 102-103 seems low for a tuned car. I mean, GMS1 will get most guys there at Bandimere. I'm really curious to see what you trap on the new tune because it will most definitely effect my decision on who tunes my car after I do meth injection.
check his altittude, says colorado in his profile, so he may be running 5K plus feet. Here in tucson we run 3000+. Hence why I don't run any phili times.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:07 PM

You talk like I have not done the research. Read the whole ******* thread. If you want to go aggressive with vince, just ask. Thats why my times are so close. He will even dial in your tq management however you request. Also my AFR's with Vinces aggressive time and BYT's were identical on E85.
How about you reread my gd post before you get all jackass attitude with me. ****, not only have I worked with Vince , have a Vince aggressive tune, but with a 93 tune I have done better quarter mile times than 60 % ( conservative number because not everyone posts such things) than fully bolted tuned cobalts with just my CIA catted dp, k & n sri, and a 24 psi aggressive trifecta tune.

I know for a fact what all Vince will do because I have asked him. HE WILL NOT GO SUPER AGGRESSIVE PERIOD P.......E.......R.......R........I.........O...... ...D. He will go aggressive but not all the way.

Jesus I know you put in time, money, and research and I thank you for that. But no offense your tunes were NOT N...........O........T N..........................................O...... .......................T super aggressive. I looked at the files you posted and no way are those aggressive.

I'm not trying to be a ass but your response to my post where I took a neutral role on it was really dickish sorry. Like I said before I take up for Vince whenever someone talks **** about him. Just go on my statistics and look at recent posts it seems all I have been doing.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:10 PM

check his altittude, says colorado in his profile, so he may be running 5K plus feet. Here in tucson we run 3000+. Hence why I don't run any phili times.
We run at the same track. I ran a 14.1 @ 102.2 with GMS1 and a Hahn CAI at the same track as him. DA was 8100+ that day.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Premium Member

How about you reread my gd post before you get all jackass attitude with me. ****, not only have I worked with Vince , have a Vince aggressive tune, but with a 93 tune I have done better quarter mile times than 60 % ( conservative number because not everyone posts such things) than fully bolted tuned cobalts with just my CIA catted dp, k & n sri, and a 24 psi aggressive trifecta tune.

I know for a fact what all Vince will do because I have asked him. HE WILL NOT GO SUPER AGGRESSIVE PERIOD P.......E.......R.......R........I.........O...... ...D. He will go aggressive but not all the way.

Jesus I know you put in time, money, and research and I thank you for that. But no offense your tunes were NOT N...........O........T N..........................................O...... .......................T super aggressive. I looked at the files you posted and no way are those aggressive.

I'm not trying to be a ass but your response to my post where I took a neutral role on it was really dickish sorry. Like I said before I take up for Vince whenever someone talks **** about him. Just go on my statistics and look at recent posts it seems all I have been doing.
you saw my HPT logs of my trifecta tune. If you knew anything about vinces tunes, is that not everything reads well from the HPT logs other that the hard numbers. If you looked at my STFT's you would see they were 10+ at full throttle, even though It wasnt reflected on my actual wideband readings. Trifecta is a different operating system also.

He will go aggressive if you ask, Ask him yourself. I asked him to go super aggressive so he went super aggressive. Once he starts to see knock, he backs off. If he doesn't see any than he will continue pushing it. I have been working with Vince for over 2 years, and last year I distributed around 10% of his remote tunes for deltas myself.

Also your 1/4 mile times are subjective on your elevation. I ran a 13.0@112 on vinces tune with just E85.... Just E85. No ab mod, stock all the way down to the paper filter.

I also ran my HPT tunes and BYT HPtunes the same night in the same car, and the results were withing 100th's of each other. I think I have done the best controlled tuning comparison around here. Or I am the only one who has even bothered to do a thorough one with hard data.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:42 PM

Forgive my ignorance but after a search, I can't determine what an, 'AB Mod" is. I assume its the Air Box Mod but I want to be certain. Is there a "How To" for the AB Mod?
Old 09-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Frogstofall
Forgive my ignorance but after a search, I can't determine what an, 'AB Mod" is. I assume its the Air Box Mod but I want to be certain. Is there a "How To" for the AB Mod?
its the snorkel delete with the zzp intake elbow + K&N drop in
Old 09-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
[QUOTE=drewbroo;6030191]I think I have done the best controlled tuning comparison around here. Or I am the only one who has even bothered to do a thorough one with hard data.[/QUOTE]

good work. thanks for the job you did.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Premium Member

[QUOTE=Powell Race Parts;6030242]
I think I have done the best controlled tuning comparison around here. Or I am the only one who has even bothered to do a thorough one with hard data.[/QUOTE]

good work. thanks for the job you did.
I meant to tack on at the end of that sentence "short of a shop with a dyno."

Thanks for the thanks.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know I'm a little late here, but yea man, great work! Very detailed and based on actual hard data.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:59 PM

Work with vince some more to get further dialed in. Be specific in what you want, it helps that I also know how to tune, because I would request specific things. (Like ramping the fuel pressure, feathering the 1st gear tq management, and ramping the boost to there is no giant spike, and it will hold 24 psi all day.)
I have, Vince says there's nothing he can do to increase my performance. I sent him approximately 5-10 more datalogs after he said I was fine.

He says my logs look good and to increase power he says he can't without compromising my reliability. He said my alititude is the problem.

It's all irrelevant now anyway. I just got hptuned and well to be honest it's great. Noticeable difference.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:46 AM

I have, Vince says there's nothing he can do to increase my performance. I sent him approximately 5-10 more datalogs after he said I was fine.

He says my logs look good and to increase power he says he can't without compromising my reliability. He said my alititude is the problem.

It's all irrelevant now anyway. I just got hptuned and well to be honest it's great. Noticeable difference.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Premium Member

I was about to PM you some perimeters to request from vince. Well good luck, I hope ya run better at the track and its not placebo effect.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor

Your STFT being +10 wont effect the wideband reading. The MAF, O2 sensor and trims are there to keep the car commanding the desired AFR. We have found the car will run better and perform better when that is all in line, but people like to think because that is +10 that they are running 10% lean. Which isn't the case. The MAF tables are commanding 10% off so it is "trimming" them back to run the correct AFR still. Just a FYI

Quick Reply: Drewbroo's Tune review Part II - Superchips, HP, TF (With Dyno comparrison sheets)