2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Dyno tuned with synapse stage 3 kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 80vetteL82
Numbers are definitely good... but with all that stuff in the kit, exhaust manifold, bigger turbo, IC, IC piping, CAI and a tune why arent your numbers much higher? Im not trying to be an ass, Im just confused... arent these numbers close to what people are making with a stock turbo with moderate bolt ons and a tune? Granted the hp is up there, but the tq isnt...arent people getting like 340+ wtq on stock turbos? If Im wrong straighten me out please, Im just wondering. Do you still have more tuning to do?
WAYYYYYYYY more tuning.... im sure he will see 400lb or whp when fueling issue is figured out
Old 05-30-2009, 01:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by steddy2112
Why does your AFR dip into the 11s?

Way too much fuel
Yep way too rich. Or the sniffer on the dyno is not accurate. That could be a big reason it is not making as much power as it should. Even at 20 psi breathing through the stock components it should be making way more torque than it did. HP up top above 5500 would definately suffer some because of stock parts though. Torque should be closer to 370-380.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:05 PM

Which GT2871R is this? What's the inducer side of the compressor wheel? 51.2mm, 49.2mm, or 53.1?

What's the A/R housing?
Old 05-31-2009, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by PimpLay2
WAYYYYYYYY more tuning.... im sure he will see 400lb or whp when fueling issue is figured out
Alright thats what I figured
Old 05-31-2009, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Terminator2
Yep way too rich. Or the sniffer on the dyno is not accurate. That could be a big reason it is not making as much power as it should. Even at 20 psi breathing through the stock components it should be making way more torque than it did. HP up top above 5500 would definately suffer some because of stock parts though. Torque should be closer to 370-380.
Im going to play devil's advocate here a min... lets take a look at that a little closer. I run a 12.8 AFR and feel (even with DI) that that is too lean. An AFR into the 11's and still making 345whp is pretty good. Not to mention SAFE. I have built several turbo cars now, one being a 700hp 13b RE Cosmo powered FC3S S5. He runs 1260cc primary/ 1680cc secondary injectors (and a 255 Walbro in tank) with a street/side ported motor and a GT45 60 trim turbo. With our tune w/ Wolf 3D he makes near 700hp at only 13psi running an AFR of 10.8. But he can beat that car like Vince the Sham Wow guys hookers and see EGTs into the 1300's n not worry a bit about grenading that motor. With the right conditions, upgraded IC/IC piping (keep in mind its only 2" all the way thru, when in reality it should be 2 1/4" hot side, 2 1/2" cold side) and an intercooler thats rated for at least 600hp... with the additional airflow provided from the GT2871R running at around 20 psi, you have to figure thats somewhere in the 140% more cfm than the K04 running 23 psi... that stock equipment is going to run out of room. And quick.

but since I regressed a little too far... Maybe you could up your AFR to over 12 but if you can make good power and run a bit rich, I would go that route and eliminate the worry of burning holes in your pistons
Old 05-31-2009, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=SportredSS;3931430]You obviously dont read the whole post he has plus the mods he has........ He needs IC, Charge pipes, CAI and two or so more lbs of boost ... That should be worth 28-34 more whp...

Some guys are getting 330-335whp on stock turbo with no upgrade turbine wheel or anything else.....

Plus, the DI engine likes the heat, it creates a better, more complete fuel burn in DI cars....

Lastly do yourself a favor as many of the kids on this site do not understand... anytime you add more than 70 or more whp to ANY car, you need to increase the size of your fuel pump otherwise you'll have starvation. R\R the fuel pump before you upgrade the DI system.... >> ( which we are all waiting on HPT to free up the Fuel system under the hood)........._

Yes, he might be able to make similar pwr with the stock turbo at 28+ psi and at this rate the turbo will not last at all....[/QUOTE]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP POSTING>..no you dont need a new fuel pump when you add 70 whp or more to any car... look at this site there are VERY few people that are running different fuel pumps and there are alot of people running 70+ whp over stock..

and no obviously look at some other numbers on the site .. just cuz your tune is shitty and you didn't get 300 whp out with just a tune ... doesn't mean that you need to spin the turbo to rediculous places out of it's efficiency range to get power.. there's someone on here that made 316 whp from just a tune .... at 22 psi or so if i remember... hell add some supporting mods albeit that this car needs .. and you'll have similar numbers Terminator2 on here has the same whp and trq on stock turbo...

and i love how you contradict yourself too .. you way people are getting 330 or so whp on stock turbo.. but then say it'll take 28 psi to make 345 whp on stock turbo LAWLZ..

finally... ZZP with their turbo upgrade has ran everything on full stock.. cept the turbo pgrade and made better numbers yes it's a different turbo i know ..
Old 05-31-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by SportredSS
You obviously dont read the whole post he has plus the mods he has........ He needs IC, Charge pipes, CAI and two or so more lbs of boost ... That should be worth 28-34 more whp...

Some guys are getting 330-335whp on stock turbo with no upgrade turbine wheel or anything else.....

Plus, the DI engine likes the heat, it creates a better, more complete fuel burn in DI cars....

Lastly do yourself a favor as many of the kids on this site do not understand... anytime you add more than 70 or more whp to ANY car, you need to increase the size of your fuel pump otherwise you'll have starvation. R\R the fuel pump before you upgrade the DI system.... >> ( which we are all waiting on HPT to free up the Fuel system under the hood)........._

Yes, he might be able to make similar pwr with the stock turbo at 28+ psi and at this rate the turbo will not last at all....
Um, stfu. You're a moron. I know wtf is going on.

Keep your stupidity to yourself.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by SportredSS
You obviously dont read the whole post he has plus the mods he has........ He needs IC, Charge pipes, CAI and two or so more lbs of boost ... That should be worth 28-34 more whp...

Yes, he might be able to make similar pwr with the stock turbo at 28+ psi and at this rate the turbo will not last at all....

Old 05-31-2009, 01:11 PM

never seems to amaze me
Old 05-31-2009, 01:13 PM

The 2871R they use has am .86 A/R exhaust housing which will cause the car to spool a lot slower. As for the air/fuel ratios, it looks to me like he is a little lean up top which may be killing power. Not to mention the fact it is a canned tune from a car on the east coast that was placed on a car in a very different climate. The potential is there when he gets his new sensors and dials in the tune a bit.

Personally I wish Synapse would have used the 2871R with the .63 A/R exhaust housing as it would have been a better choice in my opinion.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im pushing around 330whp right now and only at 23psi so what the **** you talkin about 28spi?!?!??!

No tuner in their right mind would set a stock turbo to 28psi plus the 2 bar maf sensores wouldnt allow it and if they did that turbo would be gone in a matter of days
Old 05-31-2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by BartSS
Im pushing around 330whp right now and only at 23psi so what the **** you talkin about 28spi?!?!??!

No tuner in their right mind would set a stock turbo to 28psi plus the 2 bar maf sensores wouldnt allow it and if they did that turbo would be gone in a matter of days
lol... sad isnt it?
Old 05-31-2009, 01:41 PM

yup some people just have no idea what theyre talkin bout
Old 05-31-2009, 01:49 PM

oh well. If we didnt have idiots in this world I would have nothing left to point and laugh at....

Whats the deal on getting some updated dyno numbers too?
Old 05-31-2009, 02:14 PM

i need to find a shop with a dyno by my house and as soon as i do that there will be numbers bro, no worries
Old 05-31-2009, 02:23 PM

i need to find a shop with a dyno by my house and as soon as i do that there will be numbers bro, no worries
Come up to Miltown. My buddy runs a shop R & S sport tuning just west of there. Mainly sets up cars for ITA, NASA, HPDE... but he has a dyno that he tunes his E-Prod car on currently
Old 05-31-2009, 02:25 PM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Synapse ftw!
Old 05-31-2009, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by chris88z24
Synapse ftw!
HUH?? what you mean by that lol

Originally Posted by HeritageSS
Come up to Miltown. My buddy runs a shop R & S sport tuning just west of there. Mainly sets up cars for ITA, NASA, HPDE... but he has a dyno that he tunes his E-Prod car on currently
How far is that from chicago?

Last edited by BartSS; 05-31-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-31-2009, 05:32 PM

HUH?? what you mean by that lol
He meant "Synapse for the win!"
Old 05-31-2009, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by RageTechnologies
Which GT2871R is this? What's the inducer side of the compressor wheel? 51.2mm, 49.2mm, or 53.1?
Bump.

Ok so we know what A/R but now what compressor wheel?
Old 05-31-2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by elecblue06

[B]Yes, he might be able to make similar pwr with the stock turbo at 28+ psi and at this rate the turbo will not last at all

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP POSTING>..no you dont need a new fuel pump when you add 70 whp or more to any car... look at this site there are VERY few people that are running different fuel pumps and there are alot of people running 70+ whp over stock..

and no obviously look at some other numbers on the site .. just cuz your tune is shitty and you didn't get 300 whp out with just a tune ... doesn't mean that you need to spin the turbo to rediculous places out of it's efficiency range to get power.. there's someone on here that made 316 whp from just a tune .... at 22 psi or so if i remember... hell add some supporting mods albeit that this car needs .. and you'll have similar numbers Terminator2 on here has the same whp and trq on stock turbo...

and i love how you contradict yourself too .. you way people are getting 330 or so whp on stock turbo.. but then say it'll take 28 psi to make 345 whp on stock turbo LAWLZ..

finally... ZZP with their turbo upgrade has ran everything on full stock.. cept the turbo pgrade and made better numbers yes it's a different turbo i know ..
yeah, x'2 258whp on 10psi stock fuel pump.... stock was 137whp(2.2 base balt), i'd say i made WAYYY more then 70whp, LAWLZ
Old 06-01-2009, 05:08 AM

anyone know the best company to get the map regulator from I know dejon has one but haven't seen anyone else with them
Old 06-01-2009, 09:21 AM

i found out one problem with the car that might be making the car no run right. I HAVE BLOW BY!! found that out the next day after i dynoed it. so back to stock for warrenty work. i glad i found it now and i glad i always keep stock parts. i might of had it before the turbo swap but dont know.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by turbo_chevy_cobalt
i found out one problem with the car that might be making the car no run right. I HAVE BLOW BY!! found that out the next day after i dynoed it. so back to stock for warrenty work. i glad i found it now and i glad i always keep stock parts. i might of had it before the turbo swap but dont know.
wtf how the hell do you have blow by lol and how in the world did you figure that out lol damn man good luck
Old 06-01-2009, 10:55 AM

this looks like a big waste of money.

and you getting blow by and then taking your car back to stock for warranty is just wrong. Man up and fix your car.

Quick Reply: Dyno tuned with synapse stage 3 kit