2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Engine codes, any and all help would be appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine codes, any and all help would be appreciated

So recently I installed zzp intake, zzp intercooler kit, zzp downpipe,zzp cat back exhaust, gms1 map sensors, a zzp tune, installed new spark plugs, and changed the oil and oil filter. After installing everything i started it up and it started up rough for the first time but everytime I start it up now it starts up just fine. However, I'm getting the p0016 and p0017 code I didn't get that code before installing all the parts. The car starts, runs, idles, and even boosts just fine. And idea on what would cause this code but still allow my car to run fine? Also to add about a month ago I had new valve springs kit and valve seals put in and they also replaced my timing chain because they said it was half a link stretched. Another thing, when I was reinstalling the coil packs I broke one off in the head so I took the valve cover off to get it out and when I put the valve cover back on i used permatex super high tack gasket sealer to make the valve cover gasket stay in place. Now that you know everything, anyone have any advice? Since the cat drives normal and it has a new different pcm, is it possible if I just drive it and put some miles on it it could reset itself and the codes could clear?
Old 10-08-2017, 12:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I’ve had codes where my car went into limp mode before and I blasted the valves and cleaned the throttle body and they went away. Where abouts do you live? I’d suggest getting someone with HPT to go in and look at all the data and see what’s going on
Old 10-11-2017, 01:24 PM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
Those are crankshaft/camshaft correlation errors. They could be a fluke, or an issue with either sensor, or solenoid valve actuators. Try clearing and seeing if it comes back.