2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

GM Performance parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post GM Performance parts

Anyone have any idea when GM plans to announce their mods? I am very curious what they plan to offer....
Old 08-19-2008, 06:32 AM

Stage 1 - Driver replacement, coming soon! j/k. Been wondering that myself.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:07 PM

I think there may be a shot of good stuff this time around. Several sources have said GM is expected to put the LNF in the camaro in place of a V6 model due to MPG/economic pressures. I prefer to wait on mods until some concrete info is released from GM as to what they will offer. If they don't offer much I'll scoop up the best aftermarket mods. If the offer something good I'll be GM all the way.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Smallywood
I think there may be a shot of good stuff this time around. Several sources have said GM is expected to put the LNF in the camaro in place of a V6 model due to MPG/economic pressures. I prefer to wait on mods until some concrete info is released from GM as to what they will offer. If they don't offer much I'll scoop up the best aftermarket mods. If the offer something good I'll be GM all the way.
i dont belivie, there gonna do a v6, whats your sources?
Old 08-19-2008, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyRockstar
I have heard that they are considering this engine, but I don't think they would do it instead of a V6. If anything, they would do it to try to help their corporate average fuel economy...

It looks like it is all speculation at this point...maybe sometime after 2010...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/21/2...ls-and-images/
Old 08-19-2008, 02:24 PM

I would anticipate sometime around November for new parts to be released.

http://www.semashow.com/main/main.as...OWcom/HomePage

Old 08-19-2008, 02:25 PM

its like already confirmed that they are gonna use the di v6 thats in the new cts'
Old 08-19-2008, 02:27 PM

Car & Driver as well as Road & Track have made mention of the possibility...
Old 08-19-2008, 02:28 PM

Car & Driver as well as Road & Track have made mention of the possibility...
I am fairly certain, at least for the initial roll out, that the V-6 is set in stone.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:20 PM

Yah I agree...GM has plenty economical 6 cylinders available for the Camaro application....the 3.5L, 3.6L, or 3.9L. I think the 3.9L would be a nice powerplant for a 6cyl Camaro. My fathers '06 Impala LTZ has the 3.9L and its been good so far and has plenty oomph.

Originally Posted by occsdude
its like already confirmed that they are gonna use the di v6 thats in the new cts'

Yah this is correct I just recently read this:

Sept.2008 Motor Trend:

Release from GM- "...V6 and V8 Camaros will be available at launch, each with 6spd manual or 6spd automatic. Entry level Camaros will use the same spark-ignition, direct-injection 3.6L that powers the Cadillac CTS. With Variable Valve timing, double overhead cams, and four valves per cylinder, this high-feature V6 is arguably more significant and undeniably higher tech than the Camaro's V8. This V6 is expected to have output north of 300hp and 270lb./ft. tq, run on regular unleaded, and get an est. 20-26mpg.

Last edited by 80vetteL82; 08-19-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 80vetteL82
Yah I agree...GM has plenty economical 6 cylinders available for the Camaro application....the 3.5L, 3.6L, or 3.9L. I think the 3.9L would be a nice powerplant for a 6cyl Camaro. My fathers '06 Impala LTZ has the 3.9L and its been good so far and has plenty oomph.

Yah this is correct I just recently read this:

Sept.2008 Motor Trend:

Release from GM- "...V6 and V8 Camaros will be available at launch, each with 6spd manual or 6spd automatic. Entry level Camaros will use the same spark-ignition, direct-injection 3.6L that powers the Cadillac CTS. With Variable Valve timing, double overhead cams, and four valves per cylinder, this high-feature V6 is arguably more significant and undeniably higher tech than the Camaro's V8. This V6 is expected to have output north of 300hp and 270lb./ft. tq, run on regular unleaded, and get an est. 20-26mpg.
YES^
I'm still getting a TC/SS 09
I hope there is not much on the recalls on the first one's.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:29 PM

Question

Originally Posted by BostonBoy
YES^
I'm still getting a TC/SS 09
I hope there is not much on the recalls on the first one's.
Recalls on the 2009 SS/TC? Why would there be if they manufactured them in mid 2008?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:20 AM

Ok, so when is GM bring out the Stage kits? Anyone?
I see Hahn working on the ss/tc, any other Vendors besides them are
working on prototypes??
Old 08-22-2008, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by COBALTSS2.0
Ok, so when is GM bring out the Stage kits? Anyone?
I see Hahn working on the ss/tc, any other Vendors besides them are
working on prototypes??
U really haven't done alot of reading in the LNF section or the 08-09 General SS/TC thread...............synapse has some stuff in the making, turbotechracing has stuff in the making, and i think each of them has at least 1 or 2 items already avaliable to the SS/TC, downpipes/exhausts/tuners/charge piping...........use the force, but u have to open your eyes first ok?
Old 08-23-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bluebaltsc
U really haven't done alot of reading in the LNF section or the 08-09 General SS/TC thread...............synapse has some stuff in the making, turbotechracing has stuff in the making, and i think each of them has at least 1 or 2 items already avaliable to the SS/TC, downpipes/exhausts/tuners/charge piping...........use the force, but u have to open your eyes first ok?
I think he was basically asking when is GM going to release their stuff... I know everyone would like to know so those [like me] who are waiting can decide what to buy from each vendor...
Old 08-24-2008, 01:31 AM

u can keep asking till your blue in the face but since nobody knows the answer you might as well stop asking
Old 08-24-2008, 02:55 AM

Magazines have been wrong alot lately, I would not trust them much anymore. My neighbor is a GM tech (20 years) and his contact inside GM, His uncle has told him 98% it's the DI V6 caddy motor.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:12 AM

Anyone have any idea when GM plans to announce their mods? I am very curious what they plan to offer....
boxed themselves into a corner with an internal wastegate and no bov in my opinion.

IF they make gmpp kits they'd probably involve these upgrades: bigger turbo, piping, injectors/tune and that's about it, maybe bigger intercooler. I can't see them swapping exhaust manifolds for an external wastegate and/or swapping the bypass system for a traditional bov.

Of course...gm hasn't really been spectacular when it comes to factory authorized upgrades for n/a vehicles and they don't have a spectacular record with turbocharged cars which has pretty much been relegated to the saab brand until recently. You can take a look at what dodge has offered for the srt-4 in the past to see factory "stage" kits from a manufacturer, but that doesn't mean they're going to copy.

Also with the ss/sc cars, you can read about how the kits were developed by the "GM Performance division" in the ecotec build pdfs. They had been working on the redline and ss/sc since 2002, I'm not sure if the same bunch of guys worked on the lnf someone else should know, but if they haven't then it's likely to be a while before any factory "stages".
Old 08-25-2008, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by theneelster
boxed themselves into a corner with an internal wastegate and no bov in my opinion.

IF they make gmpp kits they'd probably involve these upgrades: bigger turbo, piping, injectors/tune and that's about it, maybe bigger intercooler. I can't see them swapping exhaust manifolds for an external wastegate and/or swapping the bypass system for a traditional bov.

Of course...gm hasn't really been spectacular when it comes to factory authorized upgrades for n/a vehicles and they don't have a spectacular record with turbocharged cars which has pretty much been relegated to the saab brand until recently. You can take a look at what dodge has offered for the srt-4 in the past to see factory "stage" kits from a manufacturer, but that doesn't mean they're going to copy.

Also with the ss/sc cars, you can read about how the kits were developed by the "GM Performance division" in the ecotec build pdfs. They had been working on the redline and ss/sc since 2002, I'm not sure if the same bunch of guys worked on the lnf someone else should know, but if they haven't then it's likely to be a while before any factory "stages".
Hi , im fairly new to the forums, and i dont mean it be a jerk but, I am a Gm tech and had an 07' ss , now own an 08' ss/tc. First off i have heard form several sources including Gm engineers that they had to scrap the Di v6 for a eco tech, however i heard its a 2.4 not an lnf. Though the LNF would be sweet in a rwd camaro. they need to use the 4 cyl. due to fuel econ. req. second,stage kits would def. not include injectors. the injectors in the car now are no where near max duty cyle, and with a DI setup, a few changes in the pump timing and legnthening(i could never spell that right lol) of the pulse width Im goin to say the stock fuel system could handle 400 or better hp (give or take). the external waste gate idea is a def no. the stock boost control system is near perfect. ive watched my boost pressure with a tech2 and at full spool, i ve seen upwards of 30psi, as soon as it goes over 15-16 psi the waste gate begins pwm (pulse width modulating) open to keep the boost at 15. the old boost guages were 20-20, the new ones are 30-30 , they definately know the car is capable of alot more and i think they are going to come out with some nice stuff. not to mention the axles are huge compared to the old ss's. as far a bov, with no lift shift the throttle plate should never close, so not only does that not make a bigger bov nec. , but the stock bov works off of the clutch pedal switch too (im pretty sure any how) because the turbo blows off for a split second during NLS which i belive is for extended clutch life lol. so to sum it all up, I htink the gm stage kits could include a catback like previously offered, mayby an intercooler , piping or intake, and basically just reflashes for the amount of power you want. plz leave me feed back on my thoughts. i could be wrong i dont know everything lol
Old 08-26-2008, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Adrenalin9150
Hi , im fairly new to the forums, and i dont mean it be a jerk but, I am a Gm tech and had an 07' ss , now own an 08' ss/tc. First off i have heard form several sources including Gm engineers that they had to scrap the Di v6 for a eco tech, however i heard its a 2.4 not an lnf. Though the LNF would be sweet in a rwd camaro. they need to use the 4 cyl. due to fuel econ. req. second,stage kits would def. not include injectors. the injectors in the car now are no where near max duty cyle, and with a DI setup, a few changes in the pump timing and legnthening(i could never spell that right lol) of the pulse width Im goin to say the stock fuel system could handle 400 or better hp (give or take). the external waste gate idea is a def no. the stock boost control system is near perfect. ive watched my boost pressure with a tech2 and at full spool, i ve seen upwards of 30psi, as soon as it goes over 15-16 psi the waste gate begins pwm (pulse width modulating) open to keep the boost at 15. the old boost guages were 20-20, the new ones are 30-30 , they definately know the car is capable of alot more and i think they are going to come out with some nice stuff. not to mention the axles are huge compared to the old ss's. as far a bov, with no lift shift the throttle plate should never close, so not only does that not make a bigger bov nec. , but the stock bov works off of the clutch pedal switch too (im pretty sure any how) because the turbo blows off for a split second during NLS which i belive is for extended clutch life lol. so to sum it all up, I htink the gm stage kits could include a catback like previously offered, mayby an intercooler , piping or intake, and basically just reflashes for the amount of power you want. plz leave me feed back on my thoughts. i could be wrong i dont know everything lol

Sounds logical to me, congrats on the new TC and let us know if you hear anything.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:11 AM

Personally I really hope the base Camaro doesnt end up with a 2.4L No Camaro should ever have a 4cyl., thats not what the car was ever meant to be. Its a symbol of big displacement American Muscle and it deserves a V8, or at best a good 6cyl., but a 4cyl(even if turboed) just doesnt say Camaro to me. (As much as I like my LNF )
Old 08-30-2008, 01:58 AM

the new camaro is already a disgrace... in the fact its not a F-BODY!!! I mean how are you going to make a Camaro that isn't a f-body? don't worry, they'll probably ruin the Vettes nameplate next, anyone up for a ZR-1 HHR??? Zora's racer bitch!

honestly, they've pretty much ruined the SS name, now I let the SS Cobalt slide and even the HHR, but with the Malibu Maxx SS went the SS nameplate... I mean you look back in the '60s and '70s and SS meant Camaro, Chevelle, etc... then comes the new breed of SS: a fwd hatchback malibu
Old 08-30-2008, 10:38 AM

actually it does get better fuel economy. its all about how you drive it.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:07 AM

Im still betting we'll see the DI 3.6 from the CTS. It gets pretty good mileage, and is an awesome motor with some serious performance numbers for a 6cyl.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 80vetteL82
Im still betting we'll see the DI 3.6 from the CTS. It gets pretty good mileage, and is an awesome motor with some serious performance numbers for a 6cyl.
This is what I hear to. the 3.6 DI motor. I think in 1984 was the last time a 4cyl was offered in a camaro, but not sure.

http://www.camaro3rdgen.20m.com/1984.html

Quick Reply: GM Performance parts