2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Hahn Debuts the SS/TC at the track

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not exactly. I side with ralliartist on this. I raced the tc in the video and even with my bad start, I trapped 77 in the 1/8 and almost 101 in the 1/4, as where he trapped 80 in the 1/8 and 99 in the 1/4. He was using the no lift shift as well. I have a modified stage 2 setup and I don't lose any pull in the upper range. I have trouble hooking up from the start.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Area47
easy. you're backwards. peak power is relivant to the size of turbo and where it is at in the band itself.

comparing an old dyno sheet of my sc car vs the hahn tc car shows me something simple. his car makes more power than mine, makes more torque than mine. yet i have more than 5 mph on him in the back half, and over 4 mph in total trap speed.
Some things for comparison (Ive listed all I can think of, Area and others are likely already aware of some of these):
  • The conditions when we dyno'ed were better than race night
  • Our dyno numbers are STD, so...a little optimistic
  • We find that our IAT's could stand improvement at higher speeds (a better intercooler will alleviate this)
  • The TC makes outstanding low-end torque, which will show itself more in 1/8 mile numbers and 1/4 mile ET than trap
  • Our tune is really designed to maximize 0-60 and passing times...for durability's sake, we tone it down a bit above 100 MPH
  • This car weighed in at 3165 lbs. with me in it..I am guessing that since it's loaded with every possible option and airbag, that's heavier than Area's
Old 07-03-2008, 05:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what kind of IATs do they run stock...and at 23 psi?
curious about that
Old 07-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by an0malous
what kind of IATs do they run stock...and at 23 psi?
curious about that
We've got to do more detailed analysis...I don't have an accurate answer just yet.

Fortunately, the stock intercooler is pretty generously sized, it just heat soaks quicker with the additional power we are making. Not dangerously so, mind you...but in the quest for greater power coupled with enhanced durability, we will play this card Plus, we will install an intercooler that will absorb anything we throw at the car in the future as we upgrade the turbo and keep moving forward.

Here's the unit we use in Solstice and Sky...it's massive!
Old 07-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Banned

easy. you're backwards. peak power is relivant to the size of turbo and where it is at in the band itself.

comparing an old dyno sheet of my sc car vs the hahn tc car shows me something simple. his car makes more power than mine, makes more torque than mine. yet i have more than 5 mph on him in the back half, and over 4 mph in total trap speed.

how often do you see a turbo set up make peak hp at around 3k rpm and then fall on its ass? hardly never....and are your 60 fts the same? is your weight the same, did he have a full gas tank was your near empty? there are so many factors involved it can be hard to say why sometimes but I can tell you that honda tech has been debating this **** for years even after one test & experiment after another. and this is always the end result... SC< TC. SC has more pull in the low end and the tc has more pull top end. Oh I have an idea why doesnt someone get a video of both cars going from a roll and see what happens?
Old 07-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
bill. i still got a few lbs on ya pookie.

amp, subs, laptop, power invertor, HU can box, 20lbs of cleanin **** in the trunk

lol!

so i take it we can log the ss/t with hpt?
Old 07-03-2008, 06:02 PM

when will u make that intercooler fit the T/C the hahn on the front just makes me want it lol
Old 07-03-2008, 06:15 PM

next week, my friend and I are going back to the track to get more videos. Both of us are new to drag racing, and are still learning, but the comparison should be similar somewhat to what you guys are setting up now.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by easy101
how often do you see a turbo set up make peak hp at around 3k rpm and then fall on its ass? hardly never....and are your 60 fts the same? is your weight the same, did he have a full gas tank was your near empty? there are so many factors involved it can be hard to say why sometimes but I can tell you that honda tech has been debating this **** for years even after one test & experiment after another. and this is always the end result... SC< TC. SC has more pull in the low end and the tc has more pull top end. Oh I have an idea why doesnt someone get a video of both cars going from a roll and see what happens?

old dyno from my sc

which one has more top end

in bills defense. his does not show torque.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sporttintturbo
when will u make that intercooler fit the T/C the hahn on the front just makes me want it lol
Very soon! The next Tuesday night track session is the 15th, and we want to be there with sticky tires and our new intercooler.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:23 PM

don't believe in wasting time do you?
Old 07-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Banned

you cant tell which car is gonna have more pull at high speeds just by looking at the dyno charts especially when one of the charts is missing the torque. thats is all dependent on the power band gearing and shift points. Just because your one chart says that peak power (289hp) is made @ 5200 rpms doesnt necessarily mean that you're supposed to shift at 5200, thats where the questions of hp torque and gearing come into play.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Rent me! per hour

you can by the powerband itself. you're making this harder than it needs to be.

hot rod mag did a huge test a while back. centrifugal blower vs turbo vs roots type supercharger.

same engine. same boost levels on each. do some diggin. i bet you will find the answer amazing.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Deathscythe
don't believe in wasting time do you?
We will be relentless. This may sound blunt, and even a little arrogant...but the SS/TC was made for us!
So to speak, of course...we've been turbocharging FWD Ecotecs since 2002, and to finally have this jewel is like a dream come true
Old 07-03-2008, 06:30 PM

like I said before, this car is three years late.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

you can by the powerband itself. you're making this harder than it needs to be.

hot rod mag did a huge test a while back. centrifugal blower vs turbo vs roots type supercharger.

same engine. same boost levels on each. do some diggin. i bet you will find the answer amazing.

what turbo were they using on what motor? I'm sure it would be amazing to me because apparently the boys at honda tech know turbocharging because I have yet to see ANY SC set up beat a turbo setup even when they both produce similar numbers. If there are any they are very few. Their trick to it is put a huge snail on it that doesnt start spooling until 4-4.5k and increases in power and torque all the way past 8k rpms.... honda dont make **** for torque unless you're spraying or got a blower on them and obviously the torque output which comes in the low end on those kinds of set ups isnt helping them because the tc will pull on them at the end everytime. I know I'm comparing hondas to chevys here so I'll probably get flamed and I still could be wrong about this in some cases but I dont care... TC>SC when it comes to drag racing hands down.... I wonder if your R&D guys could find a way to raise the rev limit past 7 atleast and put a bigger turbo in it if you guys are will see a 11 or even 10 sec cobalt in the near future.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Former Vendor

If I may...I'd like to graciously request that this thread stay in the wonderfully cooperative mode it's been so far, and not devolve into a SC vs TC skirmish. I'll even say 'please'
Old 07-03-2008, 07:13 PM

always the diplomat.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:15 PM

It would be so cool if we had the ability to "moderate" our own threads...
Old 07-03-2008, 07:18 PM

then the mods wouldn't have "absolute power".
Old 07-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Former Vendor

It seems this thread has brought out some Chicago-region interest in a get-together at Route 66. I'd like to see this happen. I love the place!

What say I start a new thread to drum up interest? We could just meet there during a Test n Tune evening or weekend day. I don't really care if we get three cars or 30, it would be fun.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:22 PM

I hate you guys. I have to drive 85 miles to get to a so-so track.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Banned

lol I feel the love...yeah everyone is thinkin oh **** we got another honda guy trying to teach us somethin. but for the record it wasnt my intention to create tension here over a sc vs. tc debate. Only to add some input to the discussion because it seems as though some people in here are trying to down play the tc cobalt saying that the sc is still faster w/ stage 2 and what not when the fact of the matter here remains that in the long run the cobalt tc is going to have more potential power wise(with consideration to how far they can push the injectors on it until they come out with an upgrade over stock) and it seems the guys that own the sc are just hatin because they wish the tc was available when they were looking to buy. lol That blower is maxed out practically after stage 2 and then what? bigger blower? nitrous? or go turbo? hmmmm I think the majority of people here would choose turbo if they were givin the immediate choice.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:34 PM

we still need to get mine to the track bill, hopefully soon as i get back!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:36 PM

nobody is hating at all. There are just points that are being put out. I have raced a tc with the video link on this website and they are about even. Mine is modified a little above a stg 2 but it is about even. All of us know the turbo application will in the end have more potential, but don't think that we'll just lay down and play dead. As far as your comment about us wanting the tc, I still wouldn't have bought it if it was out. I would have bought a srt-4 if I really cared specifically for getting a turboed car. The blown 4 banger is different and unique..., that's why I bought it. If our cars were equipped with the tvs from the start then this would be a completely different argument.

Quick Reply: Hahn Debuts the SS/TC at the track