2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

How the hell did I lose to a stock Caliber SRT-4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Said in his post that he has the 19 psi reflash tune... so there ya go.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kildore
Makes me feel like a

In the CSRT-4 Forum. Yeah the 2nd roll was the part when the G5 was in my way, that's why I wasn't ready CSRT-4(jackass), the G5 was suppose to be behind the group. You think I was going to rear in his ass (G5) and do a push for the win for the team? Yeah right, lets see I should have done a bump and run there like Nascar and maybe I wouldn't lost 2 cars because of a G5 being in the way.

Last edited by efactor; 05-12-2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2010, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kildore
Exactamundo...
Old 05-12-2010, 11:41 PM

3rd roll there was no traffic at all when I honked 3 times. Push that for a win. That's when I looked at the dp being the factor of the whole game, because I don't have enough room to push all the psi in time for the turbo to spool up any faster. Just thinking about selling the Hahn Intake since it doesn't help that much. Keep the Injen and get a DP. I know Mpx has a sell going on.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by efactor
Makes me feel like a

In the CSRT-4 Forum. Yeah the 2nd roll was the part when the G5 was in my way that's why I wasn't ready CSRT-4(jackass), the G5 was suppose to be behind the group.
Dont beat yourself up over it. You lost...it happens. Just remember the cobalt is going to be faster (from a roll, dig probably) with the same mods. Get a new downpipe, and get hp tuned or Trifecta. 600 bucks and you should spank him no matter what he does...short of a turbo swap. You have to figure that even if he puts down 370whp and you put down 340whp you would, in theory, still edge him. And 340 is capable on full bolt-ons and a really good tune.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:55 PM

sounds like a plan. need to get a job first to accomplish all this. that insurance agency sounds interesting in my area need to complete the 195 pages, pretest, and state test and make more money to out dual him and his neon friends.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:56 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
wow five pages in one day!?
(even for this site that seems rather impressive!)

'rick rolled' or not, I do read alot here about people not giving due credit to the CSRT;

My brother has one - that thing isn't a slouch...

biggest differences;
-he has crazy torque steer (even stock)
-from seat of the pants, it feels like he has more power than me (please don't flame, just saying)
-he has driven my car, and thinks he should be faster (again, just saying)

He has MPX exhaust and stage1 (stage1 uninstalled during winter months).

He will with stock ECM spin in 2nd & 3rd given the right conditions;

For example:
A couple months back a local SS/TC rolled up beside us on the highway ooks over and guns it (I was riding shotgun; we have a highway going through town);
- Keeping in mind we've had a VERY dry winter ect, he started spinning, and started to drift into the next lane... he let off the gas, and let the SS/TC roll by.

He can get 4th gear rubber with the stage1 (IMHO, the CSRT stage1 is much better - it's an ECM swap).

at the end of the day, tune or no tune, you were tooled by a car that (at least here) gets little to no respect;
His car IS stock except he has an aftermarket tune which makes less boost than you (your 22lbs to his 19lbs) - in the end he has alot less into his car;

IMHO, both the CSRT & the SS/TC are great cars, but while on paper they seem similar, they are in fact QUITE different...

Oh, and I love the CSRT seats...

But all said & done, I'm not about to get rid of my car... I prefer my SS/TC.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:56 PM

http://www.calibersrt4.net/media-buc...-calibrtd.html
Old 05-13-2010, 12:03 AM

checked out the video, but I never gotten my ass beat that bad compare to mustang. I have to give him respect for his tune without doing any hardware. all the runs was either 1/2 a car or 1. then I looked at the money I have spent and feel like it was a waste to put on those bolts on, but better to keep them. Just need the dp and I told him that and should be able to run him.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:11 AM

dp + a nice tune over gms1 by say...BYT*SS*TURBO or badblueberry or________.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Gunney_07
dp + a nice tune over gms1 by say...BYT*SS*TURBO or badblueberry or Terminator2
yeah... don't forget about Terminator2, he is the Terminator after all in his Silver Surfer Cobalt.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:27 AM

lol thats what the _______ was for.I couldnt think of the other big tuner name for the lnf's.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:31 AM

http://www.calibersrt4.net/dodge-cal...pressions.html

This is his tune. I have been surfing the CSRT forums alot recently, good stuff actually. These CSRT's are very mod friendly. And they have a pretty decent aftermarket too.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:03 AM

I'll give you lots of credit researching their tunes. I'm sure they do they same to us.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:17 AM

you didnt lose to a stock srt-4 caliber, you lost to well tuned srt-4 caliber. race him from a dig and see what happens. i hate when ppl lie about what they have done to their cars. dont feel bad, do some mods and race him again.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:42 AM

i jus ran a csrt4 20 min. ago (jus got home) and we did a 50 roll he jumped it put i slowly pulled on him but before i could get on his door he left off and all i have is a dejon sri
Old 05-13-2010, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sp33dyG
i jus ran a csrt4 20 min. ago (jus got home) and we did a 50 roll he jumped it put i slowly pulled on him but before i could get on his door he left off and all i have is a dejon sri
What did he have for mods?
Old 05-13-2010, 08:54 AM

at least were all clear that he wasent stock as he had stated...i think thats something we all do in some events...specially after he said that people were calling him just for him to go and race u. they all new what he had and told him to say hes stock so he could make u look bad. since ur this so called " king of balts" in ur area lol
Old 05-13-2010, 10:52 AM

I'll give you lots of credit researching their tunes. I'm sure they do they same to us.
I dont reasearch because of competetion purposes. I actually like the caliber srt. I have been researching them alot and in all honestly the cobalt only beats it on weight and handling. The handling can be fixed very easily in the csrt, and with cobalt as soon as you lower it the handling goes away slightly, not so with the csrt. Regarding weight...well what do you expect from a mini suv. Given the proper mods the csrt can put down some good power. Plus it has more creature comforts. The cobalt doesnt have any. The cobalts nifty NLS and LC suck, if youre tuned, on the stock clutch. I do believe the cobalt engine can handle more, but seeing as I have already replaced mine, I rethink that comment everyday. I believe Dodge left stuff on the table for the CSRT in plans of offering a huge aftermarket like the nsrt, but the economy fell off. That being said, if you get past the weight, the "unusual" sight of the csrt, andmy biggest issue NO FREAKING LSD!?!?!...I think the csrt would be a great dd performance grocery getter.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have no idea why, but I like the look of the Caliber SRT.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by steven6870
I dont reasearch because of competetion purposes. I actually like the caliber srt. I have been researching them alot and in all honestly the cobalt only beats it on weight and handling. The handling can be fixed very easily in the csrt, and with cobalt as soon as you lower it the handling goes away slightly, not so with the csrt. Regarding weight...well what do you expect from a mini suv. Given the proper mods the csrt can put down some good power. Plus it has more creature comforts. The cobalt doesnt have any. The cobalts nifty NLS and LC suck, if youre tuned, on the stock clutch. I do believe the cobalt engine can handle more, but seeing as I have already replaced mine, I rethink that comment everyday. I believe Dodge left stuff on the table for the CSRT in plans of offering a huge aftermarket like the nsrt, but the economy fell off. That being said, if you get past the weight, the "unusual" sight of the csrt, andmy biggest issue NO FREAKING LSD!?!?!...I think the csrt would be a great dd performance grocery getter.
I have to agree, plus you have to look at the engine displacement because you got 2.4 vs. 2.0. If it were me I go with the biggest engine. I feel very arrogant if I done my homework first and looked at the features and offers from the Caliber compare to the Cobalt at the time. I would have went with the CSRT4 over the SS/TC. But, looks can become very deceiving. I wonder what would happened if he'd faces either the Solstice or Sky. I believe he wouldn't overcome them because they put more power in the RWD compare to the FWD. But, yeah I need to get a better tune like Trifecta because I know GM will spot a HPTuners without trying hard compare to Trifecta being hidden.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
someone mention he was pushing 19psi and hasn't done anything to the car. I looked under his hood after the race and it looked completely stocked.
They do not run 19 psi stock. They have a larger stock turbo than we do but IIRC stock boost pressures are approx 8-10 psi.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator2
They do not run 19 psi stock. They have a larger stock turbo than we do but IIRC stock boost pressures are approx 8-10 psi.
Yeah thats what I thought to

I'm pretty sure that he had mopar stage 1, hands down

So getting beat by a bigger motor, bigger stock turbo, and roughly the same boost srt isnt bad so dont sweat it

Get a better tune and I'm sure you will smoke him
Old 05-13-2010, 02:44 PM

Canada

I have to agree, plus you have to look at the engine displacement because you got 2.4 vs. 2.0. If it were me I go with the biggest engine. I feel very arrogant if I done my homework first and looked at the features and offers from the Caliber compare to the Cobalt at the time. I would have went with the CSRT4 over the SS/TC. But, looks can become very deceiving. I wonder what would happened if he'd faces either the Solstice or Sky. I believe he wouldn't overcome them because they put more power in the RWD compare to the FWD. But, yeah I need to get a better tune like Trifecta because I know GM will spot a HPTuners without trying hard compare to Trifecta being hidden.
Results would be nearly the same. Rwd = fail in roll racing, IMO. Drivetrain loss is nearly 8-10% more than our fwd cobalts.

300 crank hp on cobalt with 12% drivetrain loss = 275whp

300 crank hp on solstice/sky with 18% drivetrain loss = 245 whp

Now that is only at 6% difference and i am pretty sure its more like 8-10%. That being said even 30 more hp wouldnt help. Again you hahn intake is probably hurting your low rpm power, even if it does help your top end, youve already lost. Put stock box on with k&n and I bet you might do better. You should try to do a rolling 50 in second, nls to 3rd, then to 4th. A roliing 60 in third would hurt you with the intake because ur in a lower rpm.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:51 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by steven6870
Very well put.

Quick Reply: How the hell did I lose to a stock Caliber SRT-4?