2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

HP Tuners question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HP Tuners question...

so im about to buy the HP Tuner program and all that from ZZP, it gives me 2 options, it asks if i want MPVI Standard, or MPVI Pro,,,, what do i get? obviously I MYSELF am not going to be tryin to tune my car or anything, but i am just going to use it for running logs, checkin things out, and sending them to hahn so they can tweak them and send me a new file to run.... im buying it ASAP, so what do i get?
Old 12-24-2009, 07:34 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
well you have an lnf so you can log factory wideband and more than what we had on the lsj's so you can get the standard,. but if you are running an external wideband, and want to log that, get pro
Old 12-24-2009, 07:49 PM

can i get Pro even if i dont have an external wideband? cuz i dont have one.. i jus need to get it cuz i have some things with my tune that need to be smoothed out, so i can send logs, and get back corrected files to load in..
Old 12-24-2009, 07:59 PM

Another option with pro over standard is the blackbox thing and log without a laptop.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by damien
Another option with pro over standard is the blackbox thing and log without a laptop.
mine wont ever do that, it just says busy and like locks up when i tried that haha
Old 12-24-2009, 08:14 PM

If you have the money get the pro. That way you wont kick yourself later if you needed to log an external wb. Plus you'll get more when you sell it.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are ever going to tune another car that doesn't have a wideband O2 like the LNF has, then you need the pro. If not, then the standard will do all you need on the LNF. It's an expensive upgrade later, I wish I had a pro and external WB so I could tune the WS6. No wideband O2 on that one.

You'll have to decide. Several of us frequent the HPT forums and there is a lot of tuning help offered over there for the LNF along with a few guides.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yah... looking back I would've bought the pro version.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:22 PM

Prolly woulda got the pro as well.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Premium Member

Go pro,you won't regret it
Old 12-25-2009, 08:09 AM

Dude so now yo have to shell out money for HPTuners to send files to Hahn? Can't he get a tune right the first time? I think tha if anything that for the amount of money you spent that he should provide you with hp tuners but then again he's too cheap to do that so nvm
Old 12-25-2009, 04:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BartSS
Dude so now yo have to shell out money for HPTuners to send files to Hahn? Can't he get a tune right the first time? I think tha if anything that for the amount of money you spent that he should provide you with hp tuners but then again he's too cheap to do that so nvm
X2, and I would love to see the file in his car and a log of it driving right now. I wonder if it is any good? I wonder if they bothered tuning it for that intake which I know throws off the MAF by 5-10% depending on load and rpm.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:58 PM

Term I need to get myself hptuners and throw the file on the gfs laptop and send it to you cus I'm sick and tired of waiting for my buddy. I didn't forget about you it's just that my buddy is a douche
Old 12-25-2009, 09:01 PM

thanks guys and merry christmas, i will order the Pro...
Old 12-25-2009, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by badbaltguy
thanks guys and merry christmas, i will order the Pro...
Good, then send T2 the 'read entire' file so he can fix it for ya.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:17 PM

if i do that i will be in big big trouble by hahn... cuz if somebody sees the tune details in a log and all that, he is afraid that they are gona try to find the **** thats wrong with the tune and make it public, so i cant,, i mean, idk...
Old 12-25-2009, 09:24 PM

if i do that i will be in big big trouble by hahn... cuz if somebody sees the tune details in a log and all that, he is afraid that they are gona try to find the **** thats wrong with the tune and make it public, so i cant,, i mean, idk...
I will let you know straight up if it is any good or not. If it is a good tune they have nothing to worry about. If nothing else you can send me a log and I will look over everything for you if you want. Up to you though.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:25 PM

so u payed big bucks, but not "allowed" to see the log? sorry man but ur stories keep on getting funnier.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:30 PM

nooo,,, i AM allowed to see my logs, i just never asked for them, what good would they do me, i dont have HPT "YET" its on the way... i do not have "stories" i just have issues with things that has been goin on with my car, and its ****** annoying cuz what the **** do i know about why i keep overboosting or running lean at idle, or anything else, its ****** bullshit, i checked all i could check, nothing is leaking on any of the couplers on my intake, ****** nothing, so idk what the **** is goin on with my car, so, me, getting HPT will allow me to record logs, and have bill fix them.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:34 PM

Whats going on with your car is a SHITTY tune by someone that basically took as much money from you asd possible and now you have to spend even more to find out whats wrong. He does business the wrong way but if u wanna keep spending money and going back to him then thats on you

Dude i drove up to Michigan to get tuned by 06black and i have not had one issue with the car since. Im boosting 24psi and everything is running great. Dont be scared to log ur car and send it to Term or ever Bryan (06black) they will take care of you. And even if HAHN finds out whats he gonna do?? point a finget at you and cry because he cant get any more money from you??
Old 12-25-2009, 09:34 PM

My advice. Get in touch with Term2, or your car will hate you forever.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:36 PM

yea uve been having alot of trouble with this car. hope u got pro cause it was worth the extra $$ for me. once u get hptuners im sure u will find out whats wrong. good luck man
Old 12-25-2009, 09:53 PM

yep, i got Pro. i will do what i see fit, i just want this, and this only, i want my car to run smooth and pull hard as **** with no issues. ever. unless something breaks lol. another thing too, if i slowly get into the gas, hold it in one spot, then slam the pedal down, it will not boost or pull or nothin, just builds rpms thats it. idk, i ****** hate this electronic controlled throttle ****.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:06 PM

nooo,,, i AM allowed to see my logs, i just never asked for them, what good would they do me, i dont have HPT "YET" its on the way... i do not have "stories" i just have issues with things that has been goin on with my car, and its ****** annoying cuz what the **** do i know about why i keep overboosting or running lean at idle, or anything else, its ****** bullshit, i checked all i could check, nothing is leaking on any of the couplers on my intake, ****** nothing, so idk what the **** is goin on with my car, so, me, getting HPT will allow me to record logs, and have bill fix them.
The issue is most likely that they did not tune the MAF tables for that intake you have. It would explain everything unless you have a leak which would also be shown by the logs. I would have to see the tune and a log to be sure. Normal LTFT with the Hahn intake on the stock MAF tables is +6 to+7 normally but as I am broke can attest the STFT at idle is upwards of +15 on the stock MAF tables. If it goes to +25 it will throw a code if it stays there. My theory is that you are not tuned for that intake of yours. It would be easy to tell. Hahn does not own you car, you do and you have every right in the world to know for certain why your car that you have spent a fortune on is not running right. It might be a hardware issue but again you paid them to install all this stuff and it should be done right. That whole thing about being in a different area does not matter because tha car has map and baro sensors as well as the MAF to calculate cylinder airmass and the correct amont of fuel to be delivered. If the MAF is off the car will run like crap. It will misfire badly like you are describing.

Bottom line is that it is your car and you can do with it as you wish. If you want a third party like myself or 06black, heck if he agrees you can send a file to both of us, to verify that your logs and tune look normal than you do that. Hahn has nothing to fear if they did the job you paid so much for them to do right the first or second time.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:18 PM

T2, thank you, i will PM you. gimme a minute.

Quick Reply: HP Tuners question...