2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

LNF PCV Anti-coking drain back system

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
excellent Todd. For Vahdyk I am thinking of moving the seperator to the front, thats the location I use for the stock air box. The trick is devising a clamping bracket so that no holes will have to be drilled on the tie bar.

I can work on that the end of the week, I am the skid pad monday and tuesday so not a lot of time to work on it .

Your install now looks pretty darn good, other than the color of fittings - I can swap out some of your black fittings for the red blue if you want. And the big thing is, it will work well thats the most important part, thanks for your diligence with your unique install.
Awesome cant wait to try it
Old 12-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
gotta get the darn elves out of the fab shop they are taking up space and using all the tools...lol
Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I took a sip of coffee, read this, and then laughed and choked...

Gee. Thank you John.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:43 AM

interested in stock airbox mounting location
Old 12-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Former Vendor

I am thinking what you wish should be the standard location. Roughly at the radiator hose area off the rad tie bar. The challenge is devising a bracket that does not require drilling two holes. Working on that...got lots of kits ready, its down to the brackets.

Now the elves have been kicked out of the fab shop, we gotta clean up after Rudolph and his pals....
Old 12-14-2012, 03:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
yay! Get my house soon, then I'll have a garage to work on the car while it sits this winter more sexy powell parts
Old 12-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Former Vendor

Okay Padlock and Vahdyk will be happy. Bracket devised, its where Padlock suggesrted it, a couple different fittings and hose lengths, and it bolts to existing threaded bosses, no need to drill anything so Vahdyk will be happy. It is self contained and life is good. I will make sure it works on Gspeeds car next week and then it will be one bracket for all intakes. Life is good.

The elves will be back in the fab shop now....
Old 12-15-2012, 12:40 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Okay Padlock and Vahdyk will be happy. Bracket devised, its where Padlock suggesrted it, a couple different fittings and hose lengths, and it bolts to existing threaded bosses, no need to drill anything so Vahdyk will be happy. It is self contained and life is good. I will make sure it works on Gspeeds car next week and then it will be one bracket for all intakes. Life is good.

The elves will be back in the fab shop now....
You guys are awesome. Not many vendors would work this hard. Keep it up.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by umrdyldo
You guys are awesome. Not many vendors would work this hard. Keep it up.
Agreed. Thanks John a million times over
Old 12-27-2012, 08:40 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
This is the new pcv system in the c7 corvettes. 3 times better then the previous system. Ok John, you have some work ahead of you...LOL...J/K

PCV-integrated rocker covers: One of the most distinctive features of the new engine is its domed rocker covers, which house the, patent-pending, integrated positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system that enhances oil economy and oil life, while reducing oil consumption and contributing to low emissions. The rocker covers also hold the direct-mount ignition coils for the coil-near-plug ignition system. Between the individual coil packs, the domed sections of the covers contain baffles that separate oil and air from the crankcase gases – about three times the oil/air separation capability of previous engines.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Former Vendor

Blrt the previous LS rocker covers were plain covers with no passages. THe LNF has two paths for gases, fresh air in and dirty side out, and a runner with a chamber in the dirty side out with orifice control in both inlet and outlet.

so the normally aspirated LS motors are catching up to the LNF...the C5 LS1/6 motors had different iterations for the rocker cover the oil just pumps out of there especially on track cornering.
On my PCV an update
The new bracket for Vahdyk is held up, as I have to make new hoses and the dash 6 hose I ordered was "stolen" out of the box. I must trial fit before I ship.

What happend, it looks like the box had been opened , everything except the hose was in there, and the box re taped. weird. I was going to go today to pick up the repleacement hose but the weather was bad, so I will go get it and send that out to you next week...along with the other systems folks are waiting for...
Old 12-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
replacement was delivered on the 21st.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor

I was supposed to go pick up yesterday. oh well. delays your system a few days lol thanks for the good service.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:25 PM

I'm currently sick and it's too freaking cold, but I will take a look at the engine bay and see how it's doing in there.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Former Vendor

ok get well , and dont worry about it, its fine I am sure lol....
Old 01-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Former Vendor

Good work! I prefer media blasting with walnut shells, but its a lot of work and you have to vaccum the heck out of everything. You have a really good camera Todd those are great shots. Check out Slvrred's thread on another forum,GM sport compact etc, he did the walnut shell gig to good effect.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 PM

Good work! I prefer media blasting with walnut shells, but its a lot of work and you have to vaccum the heck out of everything. You have a really good camera Todd those are great shots. Check out Slvrred's thread on another forum,GM sport compact etc, he did the walnut shell gig to good effect.
I did the best I could without the luxury of a media blaster. I was able to use the only tool I had - flat screw driver and loosen off the carbon onto some shop towel, put a vacuum hose that I'd modified with a piece of small hose to get right up to the valve, then I blow it out, and clean it with a shop towel soak with some part cleaner. I will be looking for a media blaster for the next time. Do you have a link to Slvrred's thread?
I may just have an idea how we can clean the valves without blasting...

Last edited by blrt; 01-01-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:37 PM

I thought I post a few pics of how my stock intake was coated with oil. As bad as it looks, some oil had dripped out when I first had it off the car while sitting on the floor. I am sure this doesn't help in fighting the dreaded cocking issue in our cars. The plugs were pretty carbon up as well. I'd checked them 7k miles and they weren't too bad but the past 6k is where it got coated up good. I am hoping with my new setup that the cocking will be less but not gone.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Former Vendor

Good work Todd, now route those hoses with some clips lol. In the spring, go to ZZP please and dyno that set up compared to the stock IM and let us know how it all works out!

Coking should be less and it should be gone, based on the work you have done, if in fact the sum total of coking is the introduction of oil into the intake tract.. . Loki's car the seperator really worked and that was not as good as the current seperator.

Too bad you cant drive your car in winter to find out. Nice job on the T into the seperator, I am going to do a similar one for a Turbo LSJ.

The stock car cannot run without a vent and a check valve into the inlet manifold, and if you block that port on a modified car and have open venting to filters, you will be surely smelling oil in the cabin all day long.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:08 PM

Good work Todd, now route those hoses with some clips lol. In the spring, go to ZZP please and dyno that set up compared to the stock IM and let us know how it all works out!

Coking should be less and it should be gone, based on the work you have done, if in fact the sum total of coking is the introduction of oil into the intake tract.. . Loki's car the seperator really worked and that was not as good as the current seperator.

Too bad you cant drive your car in winter to find out. Nice job on the T into the seperator, I am going to do a similar one for a Turbo LSJ.

The stock car cannot run without a vent and a check valve into the inlet manifold, and if you block that port on a modified car and have open venting to filters, you will be surely smelling oil in the cabin all day long.
Thank you for the kind words. That hose from the mani is pretty stationery not going anywhere and I have it zip tied to the new bracket I made for what ever solenoid that's call. Good suggestion, I have some cushion hose brackets/clips that I can use. Noticed how much more room I have with a slightly smaller air filter.
I am hoping you have an even better setup down the road that I can purchase.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 PM

Any word on the new revision?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Former Vendor

^^^shipping three sets today, I will send you a shipping # later. Fits fine, and lots of clearance. I will do pictures sometime next week, of an install...
Old 02-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
holy fittings batman
Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
holy fittings batman
LOL, those are parts I have laying around and my two -6 hoses neither one were long enough to make one complete length. Maybe some day I will redo it when I buy more hoses for other jobs?

Last edited by blrt; 02-04-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:48 AM

^^^shipping three sets today, I will send you a shipping # later. Fits fine, and lots of clearance. I will do pictures sometime next week, of an install...
Nice cant wait

Quick Reply: LNF PCV Anti-coking drain back system