2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Locked PCM? Supposed stock tune??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
lol. . ive not once had anyone tune me lol.... not once. i learned the basics through school and from there trial and error. and ect. i mean of course ill learn from someone elses errors but i always do everything my self........ about the source. i can give youplenty of names of who ive tuned that was once trifecta tuned that went hptuners cuz dall my stock hptuners cars were beating there 24-26lbs tunes.... im nott technically bashing trifecta im more or lesss saying the truth. its a shady shady tuning source...
which one is safer?
Old 08-31-2011, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol. . ive not once had anyone tune me lol.... not once. i learned the basics through school and from there trial and error. and ect. i mean of course ill learn from someone elses errors but i always do everything my self........ about the source. i can give youplenty of names of who ive tuned that was once trifecta tuned that went hptuners cuz dall my stock hptuners cars were beating there 24-26lbs tunes.... im nott technically bashing trifecta im more or lesss saying the truth. its a shady shady tuning source...
I give up. You keep on doing what you do.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:12 PM

no trifecta = one tuner hptuners a ton so they can work off mine. ... not the same........
Just so you know, Vince soon won't be the only tuner for Trifecta, BYT is on the verge of sealing the deal to tune for Trifecta.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned

i dont care who tunes for trifecta lol..... actually my tunes are way safer cuz none of my tunes had kr. ......
Old 08-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Banned

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. well if you datalog a trufecta car and the **** is in the worst condition ever then youd feel the same way.
Originally Posted by Pyros777
I give up. You keep on doing what you do.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:21 PM

lol most tuners out there are taught by other tuners. hahah to me vince isnt a tuner hes a software guru......... btw i have had many chances to work for some large tuning shops i just dont care for the buissness part. (only caring about money)...
Are you retarded?

What makes someone a "tuner"?

He spends at least 1 day a week dyno'ing vehicles, testing, and tuning live, on a dyno and at the track... and he writes tunes... but somehow he's not a "tuner"?

If you live in the area, you can go to his shop and get tuned in person, just like you could do with a local HPtuner user....

Your statement makes no sense... not to mention that the software that you love so much would be NOTHING for our cars if it wasn't for the work that VINCE did to open everything up.

I personally don't care which option someone chooses, that's the beauty of free choice, but I believe in giving credit where it's due. You come off as someone who has an internal insecurity that makes you just need to bash a competitor. Whether that's true or not I have no idea... but that's the impression that you give.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:34 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. well if you datalog a trufecta car and the **** is in the worst condition ever then youd feel the same way.
Bro, you never miss a beat. It's like as soon as someone makes a positive Trifecta thread/post, you are there lickity split any hour of the day and night with your automatic rebuttal Just a friendly observation, don't get mad
Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned

Actually im not ..tHE SOFTWARE I LOVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRIFECTA .......... I never once did the two file b.s.. I have no issue with my tuning lol .. And i can care less if people see my tunes or have a tuning session against the other it does not bother me. I am open to anything. Maybe 1 of the trifecta cars i retuned didnt have issues and thats because it was stock. But.. How is it ive tuned and will be tuning more trifecta tuned cars soon..... OH BECAUSE I LOGGED THEM and they had kr everywhere, running lambda of .75ish, fuel trims way out of wack, WOULDNT IDLE, spitted and sputtered.. I mean is it really that hard to see that if someone has the option to go hptuners (THAT IS REPUTABLE) TO DO IT...

And btw when i see a trifecta car that has no issues, tune is great, runs great ( ILL GIVE VINCE THE EXCEPTION )

He spends at least 1 day a week dyno'ing vehicles, testing, and tuning live, on a dyno and at the track... and he writes tunes... but somehow he's not a "tuner"?

If you live in the area, you can go to his shop and get tuned in person, just like you could do with a local HPtuner user....

Your statement makes no sense... not to mention that the software that you love so much would be NOTHING for our cars if it wasn't for the work that VINCE did to open everything up.

I personally don't care which option someone chooses, that's the beauty of free choice, but I believe in giving credit where it's due. You come off as someone who has an internal insecurity that makes you just need to bash a competitor. Whether that's true or not I have no idea... but that's the impression that you give.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Banned

trifecta is ok with me i just hate shady **** and i hate HOW trifecta customer are so die hard when most dont even know anything about there own car or tuning.... lol I try to educate most by offereing to log there car if they have issues since they dont have the cable and then bam. (THEY SEE WHY THERE CAR RUNS LIKE ****)... Im not wanting to bash all the time cuz to me im not. Its when all the die hard fans come out of the swamp and are crying because someone is saying somthing about there o so loved tune!!

Originally Posted by Boosted4
Bro, you never miss a beat. It's like as soon as someone makes a positive Trifecta thread/post, you are there lickity split any hour of the day and night with your automatic rebuttal Just a friendly observation, don't get mad
Old 08-31-2011, 09:29 PM

The people that you retune must not log their cars or something. I partner with a shop that has more experience than anyone on this forum with tuning and holds certifications and records for multiple platforms and he has been there for several tunes and never says anything looks out of whack. I've logged my own car for KR and afr multiple times with my innovate LM-2 and my afr is always around 12.8 with 0 KR. I'm not bashing you at all, just saying what ive seen. If you want I can go log my car right now and post the log file with the link to free software so everyone can see the log. But I've also data logged my car several times with vince. I'd even call up a random customer of mine and do the same with his car. I check every car that I work with vince on myself with my LM-2, including LSJ cars using my own clamp on wideband and they are all spot on, and if they are a little off, I let him know and we fix it.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:13 PM

I think if you used, "LOL," and, "hahahahahahaha," in your posts more, your opinions would be validated to a higher degree.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:55 AM

I have seen multiple Trifecta tuned logs and WOW is all I can say... I can not say how many times the cars have been logged and sent back and forth. I just know that every single log I have ever seen from them is... ... out there.

Last edited by silverbullet08; 09-01-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:49 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by kidcrash603
to me vince isnt a tuner hes a software guru...
Are you retarded?

What makes someone a "tuner"?

I personally don't care which option someone chooses, that's the beauty of free choice, but I believe in giving credit where it's due. You come off as someone who has an internal insecurity that makes you just need to bash a competitor. Whether that's true or not I have no idea... but that's the impression that you give.

Originally Posted by Boosted4
*removed annoying part*
well if you datalog a trufecta car and the **** is in the worst condition ever then youd feel the same way.
I'm beginning to notice this theme... it's almost like he lurks here waiting for someone to put in a kind word, or some kind of praise for their experience with trifecta - then he pounces with his ever repeating song & dance.

Dude needs to get out more.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Banned

beleive it or not i get out alot... lol.......... i dont wait for a trifecta thread btw to come out for me to come in a say somthing. op said somthing about a locked ecm. oh and ricecop all these cars were logged in face the hhr with the tvs im working on was once trifecta tuned ut it would run right it had issues at wot stsying 14.7 the whole time kr everywhere and other random ****.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

oh what am i supposed to say.. Its the internet not english class.... so with me saying hahahahaha and ect thats me laughing at every ones idiotic posts. oh and to whom ever said they have more knoledge is this supposed to hurt my feeling lmfao.... wow ......
Originally Posted by sponge14
I think if you used, "LOL," and, "hahahahahahaha," in your posts more, your opinions would be validated to a higher degree.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Premium Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
oh what am i supposed to say.. Its the internet not english class.... so with me saying hahahahaha and ect thats me laughing at every ones idiotic posts. oh and to whom ever said they have more knoledge is this supposed to hurt my feeling lmfao.... wow ......
DUUUH ?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 AM

i dont care who tunes for trifecta lol..... actually my tunes are way safer cuz none of my tunes had kr. ......
funny story... the one time my tuner sent you my tune to see what you could fix... my KR was 10~ or so. during a whole 3rd and 4th gear pull.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:32 PM

First off, it doesn't have to be an English class to not look like an idiot when you type a message on here. Half your post I quoted was underlined red in Firefox for mistakes.

Second, I don't think anyone is really talking **** about your tuning abilities, but contrary to what you keep saying, other tunes can work just as good. For every so called horror story from a Trifecta, there's going to be 100 satisfied customers. If you datalog and send it back and forth, it's the same thing as having someone with an HPT sitting there with you. I have had mine for a few years now without a single hiccup.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:44 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
... I don't think anyone is really talking **** about your tuning abilities, but contrary to what you keep saying, other tunes can work just as good.
Quoted for the sheer truth in it...

...For every so called horror story from a Trifecta, there's going to be 100 satisfied customers. If you datalog and send it back and forth, it's the same thing as having someone with an HPT sitting there with you. I have had mine for a few years now without a single hiccup.
I'm doing the datalog thing right now for guy, and with the first installment he was quite happy.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Banned

Huh??????? Is this from a base file i gave you guys and you just loged it and never changed anything.. Sorry to say tuning consist of logging and changing your parameters like the maf calibrations and ect.QUOTE=ctn2mb;6021441]funny story... the one time my tuner sent you my tune to see what you could fix... my KR was 10~ or so. during a whole 3rd and 4th gear pull.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Banned

let me get somthing past your firefox b.s.. About 95% of all my post come from my phone since im always busy.. So this is why i can care less about the grammar........Other tunes can work just as good, but why is it i get emails all day asking me to help (trifecta customers out) .because of idle issues, car runs bad and more!..
First off, it doesn't have to be an English class to not look like an idiot when you type a message on here. Half your post I quoted was underlined red in Firefox for mistakes.

Second, I don't think anyone is really talking **** about your tuning abilities, but contrary to what you keep saying, other tunes can work just as good. For every so called horror story from a Trifecta, there's going to be 100 satisfied customers. If you datalog and send it back and forth, it's the same thing as having someone with an HPT sitting there with you. I have had mine for a few years now without a single hiccup.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:25 PM

Dear Chevycobaltss3,

Here's the thing, us Trifecta users; We trust Vince. He's a good guy, great customer service, never read a post where he's talking **** about someone else's tune. He's a good guy, proud of his product, made a tuner from scratch using his programming skills working for Microsoft. College educated, and is obviously secure in himself.

You my friend are opinionated and passionately so. You hate Vince's tune for a reason I can't understand. Just because it's conservative, or not the way you'd do things doesn't mean it's wrong. It gets the job done and it gets it done nicely. It's safe and it's better than Stock tune, so coming from a stock tune to Trifecta, it's still a great upgrade. It's not bad at all.

The distained opinion you have for Vince in my opinion comes from an insecurity in yourself. You keep mentioning yourself and how you're so superior to Vince or Trifecta. It's like you have something to prove. I understand people can dislike Vinces tunes, but you seem obsessed with making it a point. Others come in and state their opinion and leave. You have multiple responses in multiple threads.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone can do what they want. I think an Evo is better than a Cobalt SS Turbocharged, yet I got a Cobalt. I think Vince is a good tuner, no problems with him and he has excellent customer service. I recommend him to everyone and I'd recommend no one to you. Your attitude is just poor and very grungy. It's not like you're stating an opinion, you're also trashing his reputation.

If I did that to you and **** talked your tune even though it worked just fine, but wasn't what I would have done or how I would have tuned. How would you feel? Would you get upset? Well knowing you, you'd probably wanna fight that guy. Well Vince isn't that way, he's much more secure in his business and product that it speaks for itself and even with the naysayers out there, he still gets new customers. His product is what it is and doesn't suck. It does what we want and it does it safely and it does it better than GMS1.

Respectfully,

vahdyx
Old 09-02-2011, 12:40 PM

Well said.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

i dont hate trifecta and i understand how you trifecta users feel about your tunes. some are dissappointed and some arent. easy as that. but im getting tired of fixing cars that were trifecta tuned. if u read through all the posts ive made. i am trying to say if u are trifecta tuned logg the car and dont get rid of the cable. and if ure able to see logs make sure to do so alll the time. i think i get about 4-8 emails or pms a day about how there trifecta tune is causing cels. rough starts. bad fuel mpg. and ect. and after getting tuned with hptuners and somtimes not done by me all the issues.seem to go away. my basic point is if theres hptuners close to you get hptuned and ithere are hptuner tuners out there that will send there tuner out to tune. trifecta is fine with me just not all the shady **** and ect. oh and btw i can care less if you tell anyone about me or dont... your cars not tuned by me so theres nothing to see... my attitude is somthing everyone understands. but when its trifecta i feel i should tell people how.i see it and if people have problems with it then thats there issue.. all i tell people is the truth. theres issues that need to be fixed.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:50 PM

Way to go Bryce you've made a flame fest here.

Quick Reply: Locked PCM? Supposed stock tune??