2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

looking for stock LNF turbo parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for stock LNF turbo parts

my name is brandon bonnett and i am located in bowling green, oh.

i am looking to buy the stock turbo setup from a cobalt ss/tc or even a solstice gxp or sky redline. i am really interested in just the stock turbo and stock turbo manifold or even the K04+ with upgraded compressor wheel. im looking to fab this kit to work on my 2.2 eco with LSJ head and hopefully someone has one thats still in excellent working order that they want to sell.

i can be reached on here or at hammett62_8@hotmail.com or even on my cell phone at 419-512-2919. thank you
Old 12-02-2008, 12:10 AM

your best to go aftermarket man... our turbo set-ups on our tc's are very computerized and set up to best perform with direct injection. By the time u get it all set up and working you will have out ran the price of a kit for yours..
Old 12-02-2008, 12:40 AM

im gonna try it on normal fuel injection. DI and FI shouldnt have any bearing on the turbo setup especially if im running a EMS with it. should work just fine. im just looking for some to buy and mock up and the K04+ looks like ti can handle 350+whp so thats all im really going for as this car is a DD. i have a 2002 vette for my fun car
Old 12-02-2008, 12:58 AM

i say perform lnf swap with synapse kit but thats just me
Old 12-02-2008, 01:01 AM

He's right

Originally Posted by bonnettsecocavy
im gonna try it on normal fuel injection. DI and FI shouldnt have any bearing on the turbo setup especially if im running a EMS with it. should work just fine. im just looking for some to buy and mock up and the K04+ looks like ti can handle 350+whp so thats all im really going for as this car is a DD. i have a 2002 vette for my fun car
DI and FI are rather different and the ECM knows this, go for a aftermarket kit from Hahn... they're the experts with these cars in terms of N\A balts going Assisted...
Old 12-02-2008, 01:04 AM

i know that but im using an Engine Management System so i will have it tuned to run perfect. the computer is reading the air and fuel and regulating the power and everything but any turbo can be made to run on DI, FI, diesel, anything.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just steal a trubo off a tc on the dealership lot. that should have people wondering the next morning.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:17 AM

pardon me if I'm a bit dense here...

I know that the turbos on LNF are a bit proprietary, but how can injection/computers have anything to do with the turbo? I thought all turbos generally consisted of some sort of spring/vacuum/physical controlled wastegate. Basically, how is the computer connected to the turbo, so that we could look into making the computer work, or going around it. Could you do a different setup easier? sure...this cav already was turboed last year. (i helped install the turbo setup on it)

the setup he had last year spooled nicely, but ran out of wind earlier then we wanted.

so, details on the turbo would help us newbs understand what details we'd have to work around in the event we decided to go through with these plans
Old 12-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Banned

Just get the parts from hahn.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:30 AM

no...lol I know bill hahn, i meet with him annually, i know how to reach hahn, i know how to buy a bolt on turbo setup. Any bonehead can do that. I'm looking to do something different, for the sake of accomplishment. It's called being original. No more replies telling me to buy from hahn, I know they make great kits, this isn't news to me at all. I'm not a rookie with turbo setups, just curious the differences in the turbos themselves, didn't think this was a difficult question. This place seems about as educated as jbody.org lol
Old 12-02-2008, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by SportredSS
DI and FI are rather different and the ECM knows this, go for a aftermarket kit from Hahn... they're the experts with these cars in terms of N\A balts going Assisted...

Originally Posted by droptoppaul
no...lol I know bill hahn, i meet with him annually, i know how to reach hahn, i know how to buy a bolt on turbo setup. Any bonehead can do that. I'm looking to do something different, for the sake of accomplishment. It's called being original. No more replies telling me to buy from hahn, I know they make great kits, this isn't news to me at all. I'm not a rookie with turbo setups, just curious the differences in the turbos themselves, didn't think this was a difficult question. This place seems about as educated as jbody.org lol
the stock turbo from an lnf is a borg-warner twin-scroll turbo, I believe..not sure what trim..So whats so special about the lnf setup that you must have it so bad? BTW do you guys really expect to find someone on here thats ready to ditch there turbo and manifold? this thread is hilarious

Last edited by BLKblurr06; 12-02-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Banned

ok little boy have fun with your 2.2 na.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:39 AM

yea i think i will find someone on here willing to sell their turbo and mani cuz it looks like people are upgrading to bigger turbos.

im doing this swap because nobody has yet on the 2.2 and i was going to do the upgraded wheel on the K04 to allow it to acheive 350+whp which is enough for my 2600lb daily driver.

besides the turbo would make more power on the 2.2 than the 2.0 anyways
Old 12-02-2008, 01:44 AM

i'm not asking anyone to part with their stock stuff, was just an idea. I guess asking a stupid question is no longer worse then not asking at all. nothing even super duper special about it, just an idea for a turbo setup. The manifold is solid, no worries about cracking, and it bolts up. Can it get any easier? (as far as mounting)

Why would you make fun of a "n/a" 2.2, that was last ran boosted? (and ran a quicker e/t then a stage 2 LSJ) lol Sure, the LSJ, and LNF have a lot of perks over the original eco. But, neither are the end all be all of engines I'm afraid.

It's a shame so many people are sooo eager to seem like the cool guy on a forum board that they really lose track of what the site is here for in the first place. Kids will be kids I suppose. Keep thinking your almighty cobalts are great cars, when reality sets in, you'll find them to still be cheap run around cars, that are fun to daily drive. You want performance? Buy a real platform, C5 vettes are cheaper then your cobalts new, and will run circles around them in any way.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:51 AM

Not if it has the same stock internal "limits" as the Cobalt 2.2
Old 12-02-2008, 01:55 AM

yea i think i will find someone on here willing to sell their turbo and mani cuz it looks like people are upgrading to bigger turbos.

im doing this swap because nobody has yet on the 2.2 and i was going to do the upgraded wheel on the K04 to allow it to acheive 350+whp which is enough for my 2600lb daily driver.

besides the turbo would make more power on the 2.2 than the 2.0 anyways
wrong. stock for stock the 2.0 will make more power because of forged pistons/connectiong rods and what not. To be able to handle the boost a 2.0 can and obtain the same hp a 2.2 will need to at least some internal work.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:57 AM

the stock internals on the 2.2 were tested under nitrous and the rods failed at 285hp. im not running stock internal, im running full forged bottom end. forged 8.9:1 pistons, forged rods and forged crank. my block is built to handle over 700hp easily.

i just want the answers on the turbo setup and nothing else and i know there are people selling their manifold and turbo

im just trying to do something unique so i can open up the window for all eco cars. trying to do some good for the eco community and try something that nobody has done yet. i just want a quick DD car that is fun to drive and reliable and is different. like i said at the beginning of this thread, i have a 2002 corvette as my fun car.

i just want answers, not bullshit
Old 12-02-2008, 01:58 AM

i'm not asking anyone to part with their stock stuff, was just an idea. I guess asking a stupid question is no longer worse then not asking at all. nothing even super duper special about it, just an idea for a turbo setup. The manifold is solid, no worries about cracking, and it bolts up. Can it get any easier? (as far as mounting)

Why would you make fun of a "n/a" 2.2, that was last ran boosted? (and ran a quicker e/t then a stage 2 LSJ) lol Sure, the LSJ, and LNF have a lot of perks over the original eco. But, neither are the end all be all of engines I'm afraid.

It's a shame so many people are sooo eager to seem like the cool guy on a forum board that they really lose track of what the site is here for in the first place. Kids will be kids I suppose. Keep thinking your almighty cobalts are great cars, when reality sets in, you'll find them to still be cheap run around cars, that are fun to daily drive. You want performance? Buy a real platform, C5 vettes are cheaper then your cobalts new, and will run circles around them in any way.
Track times?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:58 AM

i know that but im using an Engine Management System so i will have it tuned to run perfect. the computer is reading the air and fuel and regulating the power and everything but any turbo can be made to run on DI, FI, diesel, anything.
every car since like 1986 has had an engine managment system.

and to clarify, there are diesel and gasonline spec turbos...
Old 12-02-2008, 01:59 AM

technically, forged internals don't add much hp, if any. it adds the ABILITY to go higher and withhold more heat/power. Any gains you achieve are due to variances in the weights of the rotating mass. 2.2's can go to 300hp reliably, but after that, there's some issues. This engine is already forged though, so thats not a worry.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:01 AM

greased im saying a 2.0 running a certain amount of boost and a 2.2 running the same amount, the 2.2 will always most likely be ontop, aside from the bottom end and other factors. completely stock motors on same boost 2.2 > 2.0 theoretically

actually every car since 1986 has had an ECU which is engine control unit, not an EMS which can control way more variables. im going to be running the Spectre EMS

Last edited by bonnettsecocavy; 12-02-2008 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-02-2008, 02:02 AM

technically, forged internals don't add much hp, if any. it adds the ABILITY to go higher and withhold more heat/power. Any gains you achieve are due to variances in the weights of the rotating mass. 2.2's can go to 300hp reliably, but after that, there's some issues. This engine is already forged though, so thats not a worry.
gah... i understand that. just go get a gt35r and call it a day.

have you upgraded your valvesprings recently?

what kind of tuning are you doing?
goes for OP as well

some cars have electronic boost control btw, which is what the ss/tc has.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:03 AM

the stock internals on the 2.2 were tested under nitrous and the rods failed at 285hp. im not running stock internal, im running full forged bottom end. forged 8.9:1 pistons, forged rods and forged crank. my block is built to handle over 700hp easily.

i just want the answers on the turbo setup and nothing else and i know there are people selling their manifold and turbo

im just trying to do something unique so i can open up the window for all eco cars. trying to do some good for the eco community and try something that nobody has done yet. i just want a quick DD car that is fun to drive and reliable and is different. like i said at the beginning of this thread, i have a 2002 corvette as my fun car.

i just want answers, not bullshit
What's so revolutionary about it it's already on the LNF. If you spent the money on a built engine why not get a better setup?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:03 AM

my car with the saab td04 setup on only 10psi on completely stock 2.2 eco ran 13.8 @ 104.3 mph on 18" rims and street tires with an auto tranny and the turbo would fall flat on its face at about 5800rpm and i redlined stock at 6300rpm
Old 12-02-2008, 02:04 AM

greased im saying a 2.0 running a certain amount of boost and a 2.2 running the same amount, the 2.2 will always most likely be ontop, aside from the bottom end and other factors. completely stock motors on same boost 2.2 > 2.0 theoretically

actually every car since 1986 has had an ECU which is engine control unit, not an EMS which can control way more variables. im going to be running the Spectre EMS
your putting an after market controller on a "DD" car... really?
then your buying a tiny little turbo?

dude, honestly i think you need to do some research here. Im just suggesting this because you might get into this turbo project and realize your way farther in then you want to be.

whos doing your tuning?

Quick Reply: looking for stock LNF turbo parts