2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

looks like the LNF's finally got a another ECM TUNE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SS4EVER
Oh ok, it's all good. I was just saying that I haven't seen any exact posts or threads about this exact ECM tune, but you're right about it in general.

avoiding the CSRT4 owner with triple ur post count, and more years here I see.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
DAMN! I hate the LNF even more now.
you can say that again
Old 09-11-2008, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
OK. Well, as long as the LNF isnt making as much power as my CSRT Im happy.
Not until a turbo upgrade is available...

Yea, Im pretty sure the LNF will suffer from its tranny as well. I thought 350whp was the max safe tranny limit?
That I don't know. I know that the Solstice & Sky that have the LNF have an entirely different transmission then the Cobalt & HHR SS. They have a 5spd that's taken from the Colorado/Canyon, so I imagine the tranny coming from a small pick-up truck was designed to take some abuse...

Now the Cobalt's trans wouldn't surprise me from all the people on here that are saying that their gear cables are breaking already...

The GM Sweden transmission is a good transmission but I don't know how much HP it'll be able to take...
Old 09-11-2008, 04:02 PM

Damn why cant i have more money in my pockets. I hate my 2.2L now. F my life
Old 09-11-2008, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by SS4EVER
Yes it is a canned tune... Mind you a canned tune that will comply with some limited bolt-ons CAI, high flow cat, cat-back...

Unfortunately the limitation for the LNF equipped Cobalt is the turbo... Just like it was for the Solstice/Sky's.

They are now just offering GT3076R swaps for the LNF's for the Sol/Sky's and they are making over 350WHP

Yeah I guess seeing that this tune has been out for a little over 3 weeks, it must really be old news... Yeah I forgot I've seen links of all over css.net too... Right....

Psykosteve is very good from what I've seen on here.... (with all due respect) but he also lives in Texas, and uses HP tuners... Of course if someone knows what the heck they are doing, is experienced and does a custom tune for you that is going to be the best.

But for those of us that don't live anywhere near Texas, or don't have the $ to fly the poor guy all around the U.S, this is a cheap and great alternative
Umm I hope these people who are doing the canned tunes know what they are doing when they tune your ecm because i know i wouldnt pay that kind of money for someone who didnt know what they were doing with the cars computer... dude you make it sound like steve is SOOO much better than these PROFESSIONALS, (no offense steve at all just proving a point), but you make it sound like these guys dont know what they are doing but yet they get these kinds of gains... I mean if steve can get these gains and possibly more, shouldnt they beable to get more out since they are pros?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:10 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
um steve is a professional my man... he's also very very very good at what he does.

and to the trans comments.

Complete and utter bullshit.
**** my stock clutch lived for over a year at 370-415whp now on the exedy, 7 passes at the track on street slicks and all good.
F35 is decent trans... not the best, but decent
Old 09-11-2008, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by sick06cobalt
Umm I hope these people who are doing the canned tunes know what they are doing when they tune your ecm because i know i wouldnt pay that kind of money for someone who didnt know what they were doing with the cars computer... dude you make it sound like steve is SOOO much better than these PROFESSIONALS, (no offense steve at all just proving a point), but you make it sound like these guys dont know what they are doing but yet they get these kinds of gains... I mean if steve can get these gains and possibly more, shouldnt they beable to get more out since they are pros?
"Canned" tunes are best for people that know nothing about tuning and just want a tune to maximize their car's potential. Luckily this tune works with light bolt-ons like some others do.

I was simply saying that unless you have someone experienced to tune your car, and account for all of your mods, and do repeated testing will you get an optimal tune...

Yeah, I could go and do some research, with some support from some people, go and buy HP tuners, and do the tuning myself, but seeing I have no experience or knowledge about it I could be doing more harm then help to my car...

I'm just saying that this canned tune is good for people that just want to pick up some 50hp and just have a few bolt-ons with it.

Personally I'm waiting to see what happens with the LNF owners and their balts when they get their cars over 300WHP... It's pretty much at the limit of the stock turbo, and like mentioned the transmission holding up @ those levels is also something to consider...
Old 09-11-2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
um steve is a professional my man... he's also very very very good at what he does.

**** my stock clutch lived for over a year at 370-415whp now on the exedy, 7 passes at the track on street slicks and all good.
Not necessarily. The "safe" ratings for the F35 is 350 whp. Anything past that is a gamble. Some people have more luck than others in terms of parts. You may have been a lucky one. Does that mean everyone is going to be? No.

look at all the people running 2.5" pullies, and 60 lbers. A good chunk blew their rings and pistons, the rest didnt. Does it mean everyone is going to blow their engine? No, but it seems to me theyre a ticking time bomb. Im betting your tranny wont last as long as u like.

**Also, whats ur best 1/4mi time??
Old 09-11-2008, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is great for the SS/TC's. Another company out with a canned tune! That's a damn good price they have too. But IMO, a car tuned with HPT > Canned Tune.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:45 PM

Quoted from the GM roadster site....

Stock 214Whp increased to 255Whp
Stock 255Lbs Torque increased to 299Lbs
These guys dont even know what the stock power is for the car... I wouldnt want them doing my car...

is steve a pro tuner... like he works at a shop to tune? That was my point... these guys get salaries to do this stuff so they better know what they are doing... If he is then i retract my statement and just puts my trust even farther into him... I never said he wasnt great at what he does.. I never doubted him at all actually

Last edited by sick06cobalt; 09-11-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-11-2008, 05:48 PM

I'm sure they put the car on a dyno and didn't just gustimate the whp....
Old 09-11-2008, 06:13 PM

well then somethings up... doesnt seem right that it only made that much. Yes yes i know that it all depends on the alititude and all that stuff but in reality it wouldnt make 215 hp and only 260 tq something is wrong with it.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
If you look through the thread on the solstice forum there is a dyno graph, page 2 I think
Old 09-11-2008, 06:16 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Not necessarily. The "safe" ratings for the F35 is 350 whp. Anything past that is a gamble. Some people have more luck than others in terms of parts. You may have been a lucky one. Does that mean everyone is going to be? No.

look at all the people running 2.5" pullies, and 60 lbers. A good chunk blew their rings and pistons, the rest didnt. Does it mean everyone is going to blow their engine? No, but it seems to me theyre a ticking time bomb. Im betting your tranny wont last as long as u like.

**Also, whats ur best 1/4mi time??
eh i agree with you on that, though I did run a 2.5 pulley for over a year on meth and a **** load of timing with no ill effects, **** the same motor is still going strong over 400whp for 6 months now.
as for the 1/4 i had a fucked up shifter cable last time at the track, went 13.1@116mph, going back in 2 weeks or so to get my 12.1 or 11.99 @124mph and calling it a season.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
for the lazy

they also do state:

"This dyno chart represents the median gains of our results. We did not choose the higher numbers simply because we do not believe in mis-leading anyone. Also take note both days that we ran Dyno pulls the outside temperature was 111deg. So individuals in cooler climates can expect higher gains under the same tune."
Old 09-11-2008, 06:18 PM

well it was a solstice ie RWD so more drivetrain loss. That combined with the fact that all dynos are different can explain the number. Dynos numbers are just that numbers.....the difference in stock vs tuned is whats important. Hell i've seen a cobalt ss/sc dyno with 19x whp and 18x wtq.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:18 PM

so the stock car wasnt full power the day that they dynod it, it was hot... but they push it to the limits for their product... seems alittle fishy dont it...?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:20 PM

wont kill the car just not optimal time for the best numbers. I'm sure you don't just drive your car when its 60-80 degrees out do you?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:23 PM

no but still heat like that wont cause too much problem and it was probably cooler in the bay for the dyno... so i kinda see this as decieving...
Old 09-11-2008, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder if the 09 is the same as the 08 ecm. because on the solstice forum it says 07 08.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by krispy
for the lazy

they also do state:

"This dyno chart represents the median gains of our results. We did not choose the higher numbers simply because we do not believe in mis-leading anyone. Also take note both days that we ran Dyno pulls the outside temperature was 111deg. So individuals in cooler climates can expect higher gains under the same tune."
That was a rwd car as well...my car, on the same dyno, same day, same 111 degree weather (same Psykostevo-guy tuning it ) put down 227/262 stock, and 267/309 tuned. And Stevo lives in AZ...not sure where that guy's Texas comment came from. That said, he does get around. Just ask him or search around - he may be coming soon to a location near you!

The differences are almost exactly what I'd expect from the different drive trains. My higher peak hp in relation to higher torque likely comes from the cooler intake charge in these cars vs. the rwd ones. They tend to draw in warmer air based on the intake location.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:32 PM

Alright, my question is, ima do a couple upgrades, (downpipe,catback,exhaust,charge piping) how will ur canned tune work with these ?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:34 PM

eh i agree with you on that, though I did run a 2.5 pulley for over a year on meth and a **** load of timing with no ill effects, **** the same motor is still going strong over 400whp for 6 months now.
as for the 1/4 i had a fucked up shifter cable last time at the track, went 13.1@116mph, going back in 2 weeks or so to get my 12.1 or 11.99 @124mph and calling it a season.

see, thats the beauty of the turbo though. That damn eaton is a inefficient heat monster. Ill bet the turbo runs more efficient boost and lower temps.

GL on breaking low 12's/11's. I know the SS is notorious for shitty launches first hand.

Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
That was a rwd car as well...my car, on the same dyno, same day, same 111 degree weather (same Psykostevo-guy tuning it ) put down 227/262 stock, and 267/309 tuned. And Stevo lives in AZ...not sure where that guy's Texas comment came from. That said, he does get around. Just ask him or search around - he may be coming soon to a location near you!

The differences are almost exactly what I'd expect from the different drive trains. My higher peak hp in relation to higher torque likely comes from the cooler intake charge in these cars vs. the rwd ones. They tend to draw in warmer air based on the intake location.

u have an SS/SC though.....

Unless the unusually high TQ represents a turbo swap??

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 09-11-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-11-2008, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw

you have an ss/tc?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:40 PM

u have an SS/SC though.....

Unless the unusually high TQ represents a turbo swap??
I used to...actually traded it in for an '08 3 months ago, but I'm too damn lazy to change my sig until I get a decent pic of it, and I'm too lazy to clean it and get decent pix until this damn monsoon moves on.

It's actually the same color, too. Just a low wing this time.

Quick Reply: looks like the LNF's finally got a another ECM TUNE!