2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

More info points to LNF Turbo sizing issue.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did everyone forget about this part of the article?
We made a couple changes in the engine calibration, removed the catalytic converter, and installed a free-flowing 3-inch exhaust. While we may not pass government emissions testing, or meet the longevity requirements for the GM Powertrain warranty, we were able to get 330 horsepower and 425 ft-lbs of torque (those ECOtecs are torque-monsters!) from the production engine.
Sure thats a lot of power but the lack of warranty is what scares me. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not in a position to pay out of pocket to fix any problems what would be covered under warranty.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:50 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
warranty, wtf is a warranty? I know of no such mythical beast.
and til they figure out all the issues with the LNF, I'll keep messin around with my SS/TC that I built myself.... 400whp should be here come spring time.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts
If I ever do go turbo itd deffinitly be on my motor vs a whole new car. Cheaper, and more power yielding...
Old 03-08-2008, 01:13 PM

On a stock turbo in a solstice. You dont see much over 300whp on the k04, it just runs out of breath. You can bolt on any t3/4 flanged turbo with an adapter, but the tuning software isn't quite there yet. Factory wideband self-adjusts AFR.

That's around 310hp and 355tq on a dynojet. Notice where horsepower peaks at 5000rpm. That shows how undersized this turbo is, it runs out of breath (22 psi peak on this run). Bolt on a gt3071 or 3571, raise the limiter to 7000 rpms, throw in some significant valve springs, set to 20 psi and call it a day. 400 whp without breaking a sweat. Like I said though, the tuning just isnt there yet.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
You have no idea what your talking about.
care to explain? i could be totally wrong, but the info i find proves otherwise. what was wrong? the tranny does show a max torque rating of 258, i can post a link if you want. gm reps have stated that there will be no stage kits. so what was wrong? keep in mind that the solstice/redline has a different tranny.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:22 AM

The internals should be able to handle 400whp. The fuel system will be able to fuel enough for 500whp+

The ECU is the holdback to making serious power with this platform.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by mdturbo
The fuel system will be able to fuel enough for 500whp+

The ECU is the holdback to making serious power with this platform.
^^^

This is a smart man right here
Old 03-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
have fun trying to squeeze a bigger turbo on the lnf ss

Old 03-18-2008, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
care to explain? i could be totally wrong, but the info i find proves otherwise. what was wrong? the tranny does show a max torque rating of 258, i can post a link if you want. gm reps have stated that there will be no stage kits. so what was wrong?
My Info > Your info

Everything you said above is wrong.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Banned

My Info > Your info

Everything you said above is wrong.
ok, see that's not an explanation. when you say "everything" is wrong, what does that mean? about the stage kits? or the maxed out tranny? how is that wrong. please elaborate. i'm not trying to be funny, i just can't find too many promising things, and "My info > your info" doesn't help me learn anything
Old 03-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Banned

Naw man you guys were right. The Caliber SRT-4 is gonna whomp on the new LNF
Hahaha actually it is, the LNF is nice, but i dont think it can hang mod for mod at all.......stage 3 turbo in the srt-4 restricted by exhaust and tuning.

Injectors/tune/intake/catless dp and you got yourself a 12 second caliber trapping 115+, Daryl *** and JMB both have got mid 12 second Calibers with probably less then a grand into them and its the stuff i mentioned above. The LNF has no chance, did i mention this is on 21psi, that turbo is good for 26-27psi? Just an air filter in the new SRT-4 nets like 15whp....

You my man are wrong, i have spoke with Justin at JMB about them and he knows that motor inside and out, i will be purchasing one here in mid summer......BTW JMB owns an LNF sky, with ic piping, fmic, dp, exhaust, tune, and he said the turbo runs out of breath and the tranny wouldnt be able to take alot of abuse at the track in that car, but he did say the direct injection is awesome and the car has endless capabilities for making power....
Old 03-19-2008, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by jekqmb
Hahaha actually it is, the LNF is nice, but i dont think it can hang mod for mod at all.......stage 3 turbo in the srt-4 restricted by exhaust and tuning.

Injectors/tune/intake/catless dp and you got yourself a 12 second caliber trapping 115+, Daryl *** and JMB both have got mid 12 second Calibers with probably less then a grand into them and its the stuff i mentioned above.
better check your sources better bc if you search on srtforums the daryl *** caliber that runs mid 12's also has a stroker kit and an auto. tranny that dc built and put in...there's also a thread about that caliber on here and if you use search you'll pull up the thread which has links that i attached in it.....
Old 03-19-2008, 02:02 PM

Injectors/tune/intake/catless dp and you got yourself a 12 second caliber trapping 115+, Daryl *** and JMB both have got mid 12 second Calibers with probably less then a grand into them and its the stuff i mentioned above. The LNF has no chance, did i mention this is on 21psi, that turbo is good for 26-27psi? Just an air filter in the new SRT-4 nets like 15whp....

You my man are wrong, i have spoke with Justin at JMB about them and he knows that motor inside and out, i will be purchasing one here in mid summer......BTW JMB owns an LNF sky, with ic piping, fmic, dp, exhaust, tune, and he said the turbo runs out of breath and the tranny wouldnt be able to take alot of abuse at the track in that car, but he did say the direct injection is awesome and the car has endless capabilities for making power....
You can think what you want dude, thats the great thing about america.

Just make sure you know who your talking to before you make yourself sound as ignorant as you are making yourself seem.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Banned

Just make sure you know who your talking to before you make yourself sound as ignorant as you are making yourself seem.
wtf? again. why do you keep doing this? instead of just saying he's wrong, why not point out WHY he's wrong. you have high hopes for this car, can you just expalin why? and explain why what i said and what the above poster said is wrong?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:12 PM

*cause he's bluffing* lol
Old 03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lsj06ecotec
better check your sources better bc if you search on srtforums the daryl *** caliber that runs mid 12's also has a stroker kit and an auto. tranny that dc built and put in...there's also a thread about that caliber on here and if you use search you'll pull up the thread which has links that i attached in it.....

O'rly?? Hmmmm i dont think so, the first one he did 2-3 months ago was running injectors/tune/intake/exhaust and slicks ran a 12.4@118, made 330whp/390wtq, you need to re-check your sources, saw dyno vids of it, are city has some of the fastest SRT-4's in the U.S. rolling around, so i dont need to re-check my sources, hahaha **** the shitty ass LNF cars, GM always makes crappy tuner cars. Wow direct fuel injection is all it has going for it, look at the competition the cobalt will have, it wont stand a chance in a straight line. The tranny is ****, the internals are ****. The Cobalt has shitty aftermarket support.....I cant wait to get rid of my POS car and get away from these forums.
1.WRX-way more aftermarket support
2.Ralliart Lancer- Evo Motor w/smaller turbo/exhaust
3.Mazdaspeed 3-minimal mods get it in the 12's
4.Caliber srt-4- stage 3 turbo from factory restricted by parts.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
12's are mear bolt ons away
Old 03-19-2008, 02:23 PM

I agree chevy seems to f-up sometimes when it's really hard to do so but I love my 'balt and dont have the moola for a wrx or lancer or really a mazdaspeed so...this is kinda what you get for this money I guess.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:24 PM

Alpha all you have done in this post is tell people they are dumb or wrong yet you have no proof to back yourself up. Why dont you do us all a favor and prove to everyone why they are wrong. I could really careless about how fast or slow the LNF is so dont think that I doubt what it can or can not do. I just think you should atleast tell people why they are wrong rather than just say ,"nope your wrong".
Old 03-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Banned

Please explain why the SS/TC is going to be so good besides the Direct Fuel Injection, It has a weak ass turbo, weak ass tranny, weak ass internals, weak axles. Why is this car soooooo good in your eyes? It just handles well, and i cant wait to see the problems this no-lift shift crap has down the road. The cars it has to go up against will make it bow-down in a straight line and mod for mod. I like my s/c car and GM was unique with this setup, thats why i bought my RL, but now with the new turbo setup i think they will fail cause this is their first attempt at it on the Cobalt. Other companys have already been doing it.

Originally Posted by Co|3aLt $$
I agree chevy seems to f-up sometimes when it's really hard to do so but I love my 'balt and dont have the moola for a wrx or lancer or really a mazdaspeed so...this is kinda what you get for this money I guess.

Actually i heard the new Ralliart Lancer is only going to be like 24k w/o options like recaros etc...But that is what the rumor was. It could be more or less and yes i do agree the Balt is a great money saver, but now the comp is so tight knit that all the car prices are around each other in the tuner market.

Last edited by jekqmb; 03-19-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-19-2008, 02:47 PM

Car companies these days are making cars that are maxed out from the factory so that if you want to do any mods you will lose the warranty. It makes business sense. ($$$$)

Last edited by rudeone79; 03-19-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: mispell
Old 03-19-2008, 02:50 PM

^^^ it also makes companies go out of business when the consumer finds that out (especially if it's a car "designed" for tuners)
Old 03-19-2008, 03:54 PM

O'rly?? Hmmmm i dont think so, the first one he did 2-3 months ago was running injectors/tune/intake/exhaust and slicks ran a 12.4@118, made 330whp/390wtq, you need to re-check your sources, saw dyno vids of it, are city has some of the fastest SRT-4's in the U.S. rolling around, so i dont need to re-check my sources, hahaha **** the shitty ass LNF cars, GM always makes crappy tuner cars. Wow direct fuel injection is all it has going for it, look at the competition the cobalt will have, it wont stand a chance in a straight line. The tranny is ****, the internals are ****. The Cobalt has shitty aftermarket support.....I cant wait to get rid of my POS car and get away from these forums.
1.WRX-way more aftermarket support
2.Ralliart Lancer- Evo Motor w/smaller turbo/exhaust
3.Mazdaspeed 3-minimal mods get it in the 12's
4.Caliber srt-4- stage 3 turbo from factory restricted by parts.

Did u not read about the guy who got up to a 300 shot before the motor blew. I know the turbo is maxxed from the factory just look at the dyno charts. Gm is on the bottom of the tuner friendly list
Old 03-19-2008, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by stonny9
Did u not read about the guy who got up to a 300 shot before the motor blew. I know the turbo is maxxed from the factory just look at the dyno charts. Gm is on the bottom of the tuner friendly list
am I the only one cornfused by this post?
Old 03-19-2008, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by 07 SS/SC
Alpha all you have done in this post is tell people they are dumb or wrong yet you have no proof to back yourself up. Why dont you do us all a favor and prove to everyone why they are wrong. I could really careless about how fast or slow the LNF is so dont think that I doubt what it can or can not do. I just think you should atleast tell people why they are wrong rather than just say ,"nope your wrong".

Honestly, I have nothing to prove so I could give a rats ass to prove anybody right or wrong.

I'll let the LNF speak for itself when HPT supports it.

Please explain why the SS/TC is going to be so good besides the Direct Fuel Injection, It has a weak ass turbo, weak ass tranny, weak ass internals, weak axles. Why is this car soooooo good in your eyes? It just handles well, and i cant wait to see the problems this no-lift shift crap has down the road. The cars it has to go up against will make it bow-down in a straight line and mod for mod. I like my s/c car and GM was unique with this setup, thats why i bought my RL, but now with the new turbo setup i think they will fail cause this is their first attempt at it on the Cobalt. Other companys have already been doing it.
Your right it sucks. Don't buy it.

Originally Posted by rudeone79
Car companies these days are making cars that are maxed out from the factory so that if you want to do any mods you will lose the warranty. It makes business sense. ($$$$)
lol, that is SOOO not what they do

Originally Posted by stonny9
Name me 1 company beside GM that puts out build books to build your motor, lets you have hands on experience with the engineers that built your motor at various events across the country and has email support that will answer whatever questions you have about your motor.

Go ahead, name 1...

Last edited by AlphaJaguar5; 03-19-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: More info points to LNF Turbo sizing issue.