2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

More info points to LNF Turbo sizing issue.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jekqmb
O'rly?? Hmmmm i dont think so, the first one he did 2-3 months ago was running injectors/tune/intake/exhaust and slicks ran a 12.4@118, made 330whp/390wtq, you need to re-check your sources, saw dyno vids of it, are city has some of the fastest SRT-4's in the U.S. rolling around, so i dont need to re-check my sources, hahaha **** the shitty ass LNF cars, GM always makes crappy tuner cars. Wow direct fuel injection is all it has going for it, look at the competition the cobalt will have, it wont stand a chance in a straight line. The tranny is ****, the internals are ****. The Cobalt has shitty aftermarket support.....I cant wait to get rid of my POS car and get away from these forums.
1.WRX-way more aftermarket support
2.Ralliart Lancer- Evo Motor w/smaller turbo/exhaust
3.Mazdaspeed 3-minimal mods get it in the 12's
4.Caliber srt-4- stage 3 turbo from factory restricted by parts.
first i didnt say anything about the lnf in my response all i said was U R WRONG ABOUT THE Calibers mods which u r

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...er+runs&page=2

read my post on that page one of those attached links has the mods for the red sled in there and it shows a 2.6l stroker and an auto tranny......
Old 03-19-2008, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
Honestly, I have nothing to prove so I could give a rats ass to prove anybody right or wrong.

I'll let the LNF speak for itself when HPT supports it.

Your right it sucks. Don't buy it.

lol, that is SOOO not what they do

Name me 1 company beside GM that puts out build books to build your motor, lets you have hands on experience with the engineers that built your motor at various events across the country and has email support that will answer whatever questions you have about your motor.

Go ahead, name 1...

I agree with your last comment. GM does provide all these avenues for information but one thing still applies; If they find out that your car has been modified and is no longer stock and modded with their products, your warranty is void. They even have some products they offer themselves that void your warranty. (stage 3 kit).

In the quest for power, warranties will be voided!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:30 PM

Honestly, I have nothing to prove so I could give a rats ass to prove anybody right or wrong.

I'll let the LNF speak for itself when HPT supports it.
Then why are you defending it left and right if you dont care? In my eyes you look very foolish telling everyone they are wrong when you have yet to give anyone any proof that makes them wrong. I dont doubt what the LNF may or may not do like I said before, but I am not about to start saying it will be great or it will suck because well its not out and I havent driven it yet....
Old 03-19-2008, 11:37 PM

Why would you want a caliber who cares how fast they are they are worse looking than a civic hatch
Old 03-20-2008, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by 07 SS/SC
Then why are you defending it left and right if you dont care? In my eyes you look very foolish telling everyone they are wrong when you have yet to give anyone any proof that makes them wrong. I dont doubt what the LNF may or may not do like I said before, but I am not about to start saying it will be great or it will suck because well its not out and I havent driven it yet....
I don't care about proving things to make me look "cool" or whatever. I have stickers on my car for god sake!

I care about people bashing a car they have never driven, touched, looked at or know anything about other than reading what a gm website or pdf they found on google says about rated transmission torque.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rudeone79
I agree with your last comment. GM does provide all these avenues for information but one thing still applies; If they find out that your car has been modified and is no longer stock and modded with their products, your warranty is void. They even have some products they offer themselves that void your warranty. (stage 3 kit).

In the quest for power, warranties will be voided!!!
like the stg 3 srt kit?

one.. internals aren't ****.. hell everyone said the internals on the lsj sucked *****.. but look at people running turbo'd balts now.. well over 300 whp... the 2.4L internals arne't as good as the lsj and they can handle past 400 hp...

tranny ****? no.. clutch yes.. the clutches blow in these cars.. but if the trannies are maxed out at 260 then explain how so many people on here are running over that and don't have a problem... yes there have been issues with syncros and stuff the trannies aren't perfect and by no means are ****...

the after market support really sin't shitty.. you want bad aftermarket suport.. look at the old saturn s series cars.. just about everything custom, that is shitty support..

once everything gets worked out with the lnf it will be a monster no doubt however right now tuning is killing it as well as the small turbo.. just give it time.. there is already 3 or 4 cars that are running the lnf with 2 more on the horizon.. that'll open up more possibilities for turbo swaps for balts as well as more upgrades for the lnf.. people need to use their brain a bit more..

the lnf isn't going to suck.. it's a good bang for the buck for sure.. and with 1500 in mods or less will be a good 12 second car people need to stop worrying about whats not out yet and let it speak for itself once it hits the road
Old 03-20-2008, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
one.. internals aren't ****.. hell everyone said the internals on the lsj sucked *****.. but look at people running turbo'd balts now.. well over 300 whp... the 2.4L internals arne't as good as the lsj and they can handle past 400 hp...

tranny ****? no.. clutch yes.. the clutches blow in these cars.. but if the trannies are maxed out at 260 then explain how so many people on here are running over that and don't have a problem... yes there have been issues with syncros and stuff the trannies aren't perfect and by no means are ****...
Thank you . I silently laught at all the brittle shorblock and tranny comments ....hehehe
Old 03-20-2008, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSS/SC
Thank you . I silently laught at all the brittle shorblock and tranny comments ....hehehe
your welcome seriously a little searching on this site proves a bunch of the comments wrong..
Old 03-20-2008, 01:54 AM

seriously a little searching on this site proves a bunch of the comments wrong..
...not to mention a little real world expririence . Going off documents and all the dumb mistakes people make with this car would I guess lead anyone to believe the ecotec and f35 are fragile little flowers
Old 03-20-2008, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSS/SC
...not to mention a little real world expririence . Going off documents and all the dumb mistakes people make with this car would I guess lead anyone to believe the ecotec and f35 are fragile little flowers
haha

i just can't wait for my boost project to be underway.. just need to find tuning mUHAHAHAH my car > ss/tc regardless but still people need to stop talking out their ass lol
Old 03-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Banned

well can someone point us in the right direction to find out all this magical info? i saw a fully bolted tuned redline put down 205hp. exhaust intake and charge pipes put down about 230 whp. several people have put down 205 whp stock. exhaust, intercooler, tune, and intake put down 250whp. one of the supporting vendors squeezed out 275 hp. the car seems VERY inconsistant, stock can range anywhere from 205 whp to 230whp. some people dyno LESS than stock after modding.

this is where i'm getting my info from, not just pulling it out of my ass. maybe i'm just looking on the wrong lnf forums, so if i am, please point me in the right direction. but i'm sorry, for a car that's been out for a few years i didn't see a single impressive HP #'s, although they do put out a good amount of torque. but i don't find fully bolted cars putting down 205whp to be all that impressive.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
well can someone point us in the right direction to find out all this magical info? i saw a fully bolted tuned redline put down 205hp. exhaust intake and charge pipes put down about 230 whp. several people have put down 205 whp stock. exhaust, intercooler, tune, and intake put down 250whp. one of the supporting vendors squeezed out 275 hp. the car seems VERY inconsistant, stock can range anywhere from 205 whp to 230whp. some people dyno LESS than stock after modding.

this is where i'm getting my info from, not just pulling it out of my ass. maybe i'm just looking on the wrong lnf forums, so if i am, please point me in the right direction. but i'm sorry, for a car that's been out for a few years i didn't see a single impressive HP #'s, although they do put out a good amount of torque. but i don't find fully bolted cars putting down 205whp to be all that impressive.
Where are you getting your info from? You might wanna check your rear end...

Also, the reason your don't see any "impressive" numbers is because there is no tuning solution out for them yet...
Old 03-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Banned

Where are you getting your info from? You might wanna check your rear end...

Also, the reason your don't see any "impressive" numbers is because there is no tuning solution out for them yet...

no, you may want to check your reading comprehension. i said that stock results vary from 205 to 230, did i not?

i got that straight from the redline forums, and posted many results and based my opinion on them. i didn't find one result, and claim it to be the gospel. it doesn't matter why there's no impressive #'s, there's just not. i can't see people that say "if xxxxx comes out the car will be a beast". xxxx is NOT out, so that's a silly argument. back in the day people said the lsj will be a beast when they cracked the computer. some beast it turned out to be

again, i have said many times that i COULD BE WRONG. but prove me wrong, you're the one saying you have all this great info and not posting it. i at least posted results and the reasoning as to why i posted what i did. so instead of just talking smack, back yourself up with info for once.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:32 PM

Does it really matter to me if a dodge or mazda can beat my car?i couldn't care. I have already order a ss/tc why? because i think it is a great idea and a cool car. i live in a busy city, where am i going to go SOOOOOOO fast, to the next light? wow your cool you beat me to the guy in front of you. i just want to enjoy a nice car, weather it can be modded or not, life goes on. That of course is just my opinion. GM is changing and if you don't like it that is fine. And don't tell me GM engines are maxed look at the 3.6 liter DI with 304 horse, yeah the next version of this engine will be 395 horse. So to the person that said it is all in the ECM is very correct. Everything in the LNF is electronically controlled so some retard doesn't break it. Ohhh also there is a solstice with 600 hp with the stock turbo i do believe, things are possible just give it time. If you can't wait then go buy something else, trust me there is always something out there that suits anyones needs.

Last edited by Cobaltss/TC; 03-22-2008 at 01:54 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
again, i have said many times that i COULD BE WRONG. but prove me wrong, you're the one saying you have all this great info and not posting it. i at least posted results and the reasoning as to why i posted what i did. so instead of just talking smack, back yourself up with info for once.
It must be nice to be so naive...
Old 03-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
It must be nice to be so naive...
here is a tip for you. we both know the information about the lnf. we both know the sensative nature of it. let them think what they will. you will sleep better at night.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
here is a tip for you. we both know the information about the lnf. we both know the sensative nature of it. let them think what they will. you will sleep better at night.
I sleep better at night knowing that at least there are still people in this world that are no more qualified to do anything but to take my order at taco bell when I'm hungry at 1am
Old 03-22-2008, 01:48 PM

mmmm taco's
Old 03-22-2008, 02:06 PM

Out of the box (stock) this motor could handle more power than my EJ25 if you ask me. The ring lands are thicker and the oil squirters keep them cool and thus preventing the usual catastrophic "ping-bang-byebye-ringland" failure on boosted applications. That's why I can say that the specs on this motor are stout from the factory and should be able to make 400whp without cracking open the case. The head can use some work, but otherwise I'm an ECOtec believer... coming from the LSx domestic / EJ2x subaru world.

As for fueling, I see roughly 30% injectory duty cycle at 22psi / 280whp. Tell me if that ain't freakin nuts.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by jekqmb
O'rly?? Hmmmm i dont think so, the first one he did 2-3 months ago was running injectors/tune/intake/exhaust and slicks ran a 12.4@118, made 330whp/390wtq, you need to re-check your sources, saw dyno vids of it, are city has some of the fastest SRT-4's in the U.S. rolling around, so i dont need to re-check my sources, hahaha **** the shitty ass LNF cars, GM always makes crappy tuner cars. Wow direct fuel injection is all it has going for it, look at the competition the cobalt will have, it wont stand a chance in a straight line. The tranny is ****, the internals are ****. The Cobalt has shitty aftermarket support.....I cant wait to get rid of my POS car and get away from these forums.
1.WRX-way more aftermarket support
2.Ralliart Lancer- Evo Motor w/smaller turbo/exhaust
3.Mazdaspeed 3-minimal mods get it in the 12's
4.Caliber srt-4- stage 3 turbo from factory restricted by parts.
I can see your not good at reading so let me help you out. at 330whp/390wtq it ran a 13.1

the 12.4 @118 your speaking of they were using a 50shot of nitrous and at 400 whp. How hard is it to read online and get facts straight?

Caliber wins by default. This DI **** is a true pain in the ass to tune and the cobalt guys are gonna experience that **** first hand with the new cobalt. Hope you guys are happy with exhaust and intake cause once you start to get past that things are gonna get real fun trust me.......

I'm about to put My Ms3 into a wall I can't take this ****. And boy oh boy I can't wait till your first winter with those cars. I think GM released it during the spring time on purpose cause wait till you see how your cars act with mods and under 40 degrees out side.....Oh yeah and fuel I hope Gm gave you guys some cam driven fuel pumps that flow as much downlow as they do uptop or your gonna be seeing ALOT of lean humps down low with mods......

Last edited by Darksun; 03-24-2008 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-24-2008, 09:58 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
he speaks the truth... O destroyer of new cars....
once tuning is out though, and any pump issues are taken care of, I see these motors able to make over 400whp easy... I mean come on, my car with a **** fuel pump is making around that now... and everything is stock down to the clutch
Old 03-24-2008, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
once tuning is out though, and any pump issues are taken care of, I see these motors able to make over 400whp easy... I mean come on, my car with a **** fuel pump is making around that now... and everything is stock down to the clutch
well there was the sky that ran a 300 shot before the motor blew lol so yea i think it'll be ok
Old 03-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned

well there was the sky that ran a 300 shot before the motor blew lol so yea i think it'll be ok
has there been any testing for long term reliability?
Old 03-24-2008, 12:18 PM

niice.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
No pump issues to speak of...

Quick Reply: More info points to LNF Turbo sizing issue.