2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

New Trifecta tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Trifecta tune

Ok so my original intentions were to keep "Sweet Melissa" stock until the warranty had expired. Then the powers that be sent me to Tucson, AZ. My original intentions went out the window. I hit up Andrew out here to see if there was anywhere cool to run. After talking to him for a while he told me he was a trifecta tuner...

Well after he got to my hotel and loaded the tune we went for a little data logging. Now at this point I was still a little skeptical... until I did my first second gear pull to almost 80 WWWAAAYYY faster than I had done earlier that day. I had an ear to ear grin on my face and was giggling like a little 12 year old girl. Then I did it again. After he said we had enough to send to vince to perfect the tune, we went back to the hotel and he took me in a ride in his... Well its way faster than mine but I could tell I'm not going to be staying with a K&N drop in and a tune for long. I had to drive around a bit and burn some miles off the tires when he left... Still had a stupid looking grin on my face.

I honestly bought this thing on kind of a whim. Wasn't in love with it or anything, the power was nice and it was fun to drive but eh, I got it cus I didn't want to pay for the insurance on the Camaro. NOW I am having bad thoughts about what I can do with this little beast. I'm in love with my car now thanks to Andrew and Trifecta. Now for the bolt ons MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 09-22-2010, 10:30 PM

My car had 600 miles on it when I installed my Trifecta tune, haha! My mod list seems to grow weekly! Congrats on a great first purchase
Old 09-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Trifecta package come standard with full time ****-eating grin and heavy throttle pedal. Optional packages include stock trading incentives in most tire, and petroleum companies.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:53 PM

^ HAHA no **** right? He told me I will probably get better fuel economy since the tune fixes the tables and stuff... I barely heard him I was watching the boost gauge hit 22-23psi. HAHA after the first set of tires and the first few fill ups back in cali I will probably take my foot out of it from time to time for economy's sake I guess.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
now you just gotta drive a ss/tc with the gms1 and tell me the difference so i can make up my mind lol what tune did you go with anyways?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:58 PM

Have you been in a GMS1 car prior to your new awsome tune? Not being a troll.. just wondering. I'm currently GMS1 and like to hear the contrasts and comparisons. Hopefully some day have a better aftermarket tune.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by 09sscalicobalt
now you just gotta drive a ss/tc with the gms1 and tell me the difference so i can make up my mind lol what tune did you go with anyways?
When I get back home next month I will finally be able to go to a meet. When I do you can ride in mine and see or hell I'll even let you drive it. Then you can compare for everyone. Sound good? I'm curious too. I'm only K&N drop in with tune now, I'm not sure what the GMS1 comes with cuz I never really looked at it. Everyone said its no bueno so I kinda steered clear.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:12 PM

From what I have heard.....Trifecta blows GMS1 out of the water! I would personally never waste my money on an aftermarket GM product. Just buy the tuning cable with the tune; and if you ever blow the motor or something, just flash it back to stock and you're good to go.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:18 PM

Yea I hear that... I'm from the pay to play mentality. If I put a bunch of stuff on my car and ruin something I would feel like a jackass trying to make GM pay for it. If I do end up doing some gnarly upgrades and it does blow the motor... I'll have an excuse for a forged lower end and a few more cubes from bore and sleeving the motor. I have always loved the aftermarket for perfomance, GM is too conservative with additions. I know my way around V-8s with carbs and even fuel injection but this is my first turbo GAS engine.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:35 PM

what tune did you go with anyways?
To answer your question which I previously completely ignored, sorry... I now have the selectable 22 psi tune. It torque steers a bit but I will get used to it. It will peak on a hard pull at like 24 for juuuuust a smidge under a second. I can't tell you any more than that because I don't know jack about computers or how it worked its magic to the computer in the car. But I seriously must have looked like Rainman the first time he got a cookie for winning at the blackjack table... I went full retard, shouldn't have done it... never go full retard.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Premium Member

He got the select-a-tune 22.5 PSI tune Spikes at 24 but settles at 22. Activation by the cruise control button. Works out nicely, its sooo quiet. (:
Old 09-23-2010, 12:59 AM

yea Vince is a complete *******...i just paid a $600 speeding ticket thanks to his tune so what i was speeding and i knew i was and i didnt care blah blah blah had his fucken tune not made my car so fast maybe i wouldnt want to speed! i blame him.

cops here are such ********* to each other in other cities
Old 09-23-2010, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by RyRidesMotox
When I get back home next month I will finally be able to go to a meet. When I do you can ride in mine and see or hell I'll even let you drive it. Then you can compare for everyone. Sound good? I'm curious too. I'm only K&N drop in with tune now, I'm not sure what the GMS1 comes with cuz I never really looked at it. Everyone said its no bueno so I kinda steered clear.
haha sounds good to me and where are you at?
Old 09-23-2010, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by drewbroo
He got the select-a-tune 22.5 PSI tune Spikes at 24 but settles at 22. Activation by the cruise control button. Works out nicely, its sooo quiet. (:
Yea it is quiet. But its nice stalking your prey when they don't know you're coming. But I do wish that I had bolt ons like yours. Your car sounds positively vicious!

haha sounds good to me and where are you at?
I'm in Carlsbad. North San Diego county right next to the beach. I'll go hit up a meet in South Orange county when I get back and if you are there we will go have some fun so you can see what a Trifecta is all about. Well a trifecta without bolt ons anyways hahahahaha.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Banned

how much did it cost ya
Old 09-23-2010, 03:12 AM

haha yea i know where your at but you said when you get back where you at NOW and david with the silver ss/tc has trifecta and a dp and exhaust and sri and ic piping and ive been in his car before put down 292hp and 312tq at the last dyno we went to
Old 09-23-2010, 03:37 AM

haha yea i know where your at but you said when you get back where you at NOW and david with the silver ss/tc has trifecta and a dp and exhaust and sri and ic piping and ive been in his car before put down 292hp and 312tq at the last dyno we went to
DAMN!
i need to jump on this tune asap!
i hate my BSR PPC,i know my car can go further
Old 09-23-2010, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by heathkidder
how much did it cost ya
PM sent, I don't know if they like discussing prices on here.

Oh haha I'm in Tucson, AZ right now. It's the first time my IAT has ever got above 100 degrees. My baby was like WTF are you doing to me out here its hot as *****. Yea I was talking to Andrew about other bolt ons today... I'm going to wait a while to see what turns up hehehe

Originally Posted by ericgt79
yea Vince is a complete *******...i just paid a $600 speeding ticket thanks to his tune so what i was speeding and i knew i was and i didnt care blah blah blah had his fucken tune not made my car so fast maybe i wouldnt want to speed! i blame him.

cops here are such ********* to each other in other cities
LOL!!! thats like saying spoons make Rosie Odonell fat

Last edited by RyRidesMotox; 09-23-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:42 AM

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/supp...-stock-228042/

Do this.....NOW. You'll love the car even more just from the fucked up noises it makes, haha. I hear a new one everyday; The stock BPV is quiet the comedian!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Premium Member

I have trifecta's selectable tune with GM stage1 as the "stock tune" There is a pretty big difference all the way threw the powerband. I know it's not a genuine GM stage 1 kit but I'm sure it pretty comparable ..... the parameter's are the same as far as I've been told .
Old 09-23-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drove a GMS1 car, felt a lot different than mine, and by different I mean slower lol.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:56 PM

theres a big difference. i have both and gms1 is my cruise tune and then i can switch to trifecta and man theres a big difference! the first time i used the trifecta tune it poped my intake off ha but quick fixed and i love it
Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 PM

have you dynod your car yet?
Old 09-24-2010, 01:25 AM

I haven't yet. I will at some point, jsut to get "stock" numbers as a base starting point. I want to get it dynoed after everything gets back from vince and its the best it can be at this point. That way I can see how much full bolt ons help. Haha I can't wait.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:39 AM

gettin mine monday cant wait

Quick Reply: New Trifecta tune