2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Talk to treadstone today... posisble group buy on their CAI

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talk to treadstone today... posisble group buy on their CAI

Well as the title says... I talked to treadstone today. Jason was asking me about the interest on a group buy on the Cold air intake as well as their honeycomb air straightener. I'm starting this as a way to see how much interest there is on this stuff. Since I have all their stuff on my car (minus the air straightener) I figure I might as well start something. If you have any questions let me know. As far as price... I don't know yet but I'll talk to him later this week if there is enough interest.

Also... I have included a log from HP tuners. The log shows the STFT and LTFT skews with ZERO corrections as I recall. It was last November when I did this particular log so I can't remember exactly. I believe this was kind of a base when me and Terminator just started tuning. As you can see the trims aren't off too bad considering I also had a BOV and no adjustments at that point. Now that being said, I am no expert tuner so BYT and Term and all you other guys have mercy on my lack of ability reading the log file. This is only a snapshot.....

Also if someone has an HP tune log of the air straightener in an intake let me know or post up for us to see... thanks.

EDIT: almost forgot... if you want to check their stuff out just click my sig and it will take you to the cobalt section of their website.

Last edited by RyRidesMotox; 03-29-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice. i want a group buy on the exhaust tho. almost everyone has an intake already (mostly k&n)
Old 03-29-2011, 05:30 AM

Doesn't look like your LTFT capture is set up properly. Can you print screen how you have it set up?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:52 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
good deal. I have the pricing and I was gonna start the group buy thread but since you made this thread and your have the data on the intake, maybe you should take over the group buy initiation.

Sorry I dropped the ball, I was gonna make it last night but something came up. I will PM you the pricing for the groupbuy if your interested in taking up the torch, lol.

By the way, are they sending you the honeycomb to throw on your intake and data log?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetsandman
Doesn't look like your LTFT capture is set up properly. Can you print screen how you have it set up?
Terminator2 did his tuning. This is Terminator2's work. You questioning Term?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor

RyRides is MAF relocated now, so we can do further testing on his car. $100 intake to who ever has tuning and data logging capabilities, any takers
Old 03-29-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dart_SI
nice. i want a group buy on the exhaust tho. almost everyone has an intake already (mostly k&n)
That was the first data log and pull after installing all the stuff on my car.

Originally Posted by CudaJoe
Sorry I dropped the ball, I was gonna make it last night but something came up. I will PM you the pricing for the groupbuy if your interested in taking up the torch, lol.

By the way, are they sending you the honeycomb to throw on your intake and data log?
Haha Whatever dude, I don't think it really matters who puts it up. I talked to Jason yesterday and he was asking how much interest there would be. I didn't know so I figured I would find out since I didn't know. A honeycomb would do me no good since my MAF is now relocated in the lower CP. The log in the first post in with it in the stock location.

Also DART__SI... yea I figured that would be the case but I know there are some people around that are still running a stock intake. LOL I just gotta find em haha
Old 03-29-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Treadstone
RyRides is MAF relocated now, so we can do further testing on his car. $100 intake to who ever has tuning and data logging capabilities, any takers
ill do it for the HHR ^_^
Old 03-29-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Omnigear
ill do it for the HHR ^_^
Not sure if it fits.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:22 PM

it dont >_<
no1 makes 1 for
hhr =(
Old 03-30-2011, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Omnigear
it dont >_<
no1 makes 1 for
hhr =(
Not yet maybe but a few tweaks and it might fit just fine.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:29 AM

nope the holes are different and the drop ends right where the tire sits i think
Old 03-30-2011, 07:16 AM

Terminator2 did his tuning. This is Terminator2's work. You questioning Term?
Yes. He taught me a thing or 2 Based on the STFTs just in that screen print...there is no way that the LTFTs are a flatline zero unless this was immediately after a flash that may have zero'd the recorded STFT data out...and even then...meh. Not that the LTFTs matter all that much anyways...but still....so about this group buy...
Old 03-30-2011, 07:50 AM

I understand Sweetsandman. The are mostly positive (swing from 6-9%) and the LTFTs show 0.0%. However this is only 2mins and 20 secs of the 11min 30 secs datalogged. It could be that the ECU was reset so we are seeing teh STFTs immediate change and LTFTs have not shown any changes yet depending on where this printscreen was taken.

Okay, looking at that graph again... I see that when the car is at WOT, STFT's are +8%+9%. That does need a tune for the intake, lol. But at cruising speed they fluctuated all over the place, hence the need for the honeycomb..
Old 03-30-2011, 08:18 AM

Yeah I forgot, didnt mean to be stupid there for a second. MAF relocation = no swings in the STFT signal. So his car would not be ideal to test an air straightener on if your looking for a stock car.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:38 AM

I understand Sweetsandman. The are mostly positive (swing from 6-9%) and the LTFTs show 0.0%. However this is only 2mins and 20 secs of the 11min 30 secs datalogged. It could be that the ECU was reset so we are seeing teh STFTs immediate change and LTFTs have not shown any changes yet depending on where this printscreen was taken.
Yeah, like I said, probably an extrememly recent reflash. No biggie. She does need a bit of tweaking based on the STFTs for sure, though.

About that Group buy..........?
Old 03-30-2011, 09:28 AM

haha, I know the pricing. Treadstone doesnt want the groupbuy posted till someone can datalog the new intake with the honeycomb. They said they'd sell the intake for $100 on the condition that someone with HPTuners could show a graph like the one above. Basically just cruising and then under WOT. The above graph shows a car gently accelerating into 2nd gear and then punching it. The STFT's bounce under partial acceleration to no acceleration. STFTs stop bouncing under WOT. Bouncing STFT's can give false LTFT's.

Do you have HPTuners?
Old 03-30-2011, 09:44 AM

Do you have HPTuners?
Used to

I have Trifecta currently but I may be able to use PalmerXL Scan to log that data if you'd like
Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 AM

Does it make a similar readable chart like HP does? can you show a log that has STFT's, LTFT's, Load%, Throttle%, IAT's.. etc? That is a really cool chart up there the more I look at it, lol. I might have to buy HPTuner data logging setup.

But yeah, if you want the intake for $100 and can post data like that hard evidence up there PM Treadstone.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Banned

Pm sent good sir.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 PM

haha, I know the pricing. Treadstone doesnt want the groupbuy posted till someone can datalog the new intake with the honeycomb. They said they'd sell the intake for $100 on the condition that someone with HPTuners could show a graph like the one above. Basically just cruising and then under WOT. The above graph shows a car gently accelerating into 2nd gear and then punching it. The STFT's bounce under partial acceleration to no acceleration. STFTs stop bouncing under WOT. Bouncing STFT's can give false LTFT's.

Do you have HPTuners?
I can datalog for SS-Performance-RS (Eric)... He lives near me. I have all the goodies lol. Eric you owe me if you get that intake.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RyRidesMotox
I can datalog for SS-Performance-RS (Eric)... He lives near me. I have all the goodies lol. Eric you owe me if you get that intake.
This. Working with treadstone now to work this out.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Former Vendor

Are we gonna get this group buy going?

Old 04-08-2011, 03:37 PM

Well yeah, as soon as SS-Performance-RS gets back to us with a datalog assuming he got the intake and its getting logged?

I thought you wanted someone to datalog one with a honeycomb filter before creating the groupbuy thread. If not then I will get on it, lol.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:35 PM

I don't think Eric is going to get it. He thinks he is going to get it for free or something. If I was closer to stock I would be able to do it but I am not going to take my car apart for an hour of data logging.

Quick Reply: Talk to treadstone today... posisble group buy on their CAI